Maurice Clarett is a very good, smart individual

Guest FishFanInPA

Guest FishFanInPA

COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) -- Former Ohio State running back Maurice Clarett tussled with police during a traffic stop early Wednesday before officers discovered four loaded guns in his sport utility vehicle, a police spokesman said.

Officers used Mace to subdue Clarett after a stun gun was ineffective because the suspect was wearing a bullet-resistant vest, Sgt. Michael Woods said.

"It took several officers to get him handcuffed," Woods said. "Even after he was placed in the paddy wagon, he was still kicking at the doors and being a problem for the officers."

Clarett, 22, is currently awaiting trial on two counts of aggravated robbery, four counts of robbery and one count of carrying a concealed weapon in a separate case. Authorities said he was identified by witnesses as the person who flashed a gun and robbed two people in an alley behind the Opium Lounge in the early hours of Jan. 1.

Clarett scored the winning touchdown in the second overtime to lead Ohio State to the 2002 national championship, the school's first since 1968. But that was the last game the freshman played for Ohio State. He sat out the 2003 season after being charged with misdemeanor falsification on a police report, then dropped out of school. He sued to be included in the 2004 NFL draft and lost in court.

A surprise third-round pick in the 2005 draft, he was cut by the Denver Broncos during the preseason.

Buckeye Pride!!!!

holy cow

you have to be straight-up gangsta to carry FOUR loaded guns and wear a bullet-proof vest as you casually drive around in your car.

:lol that would be Maurice.....wonder what he'd do with 4 guns. Maybe he's learned to fire a gun with his toes. then he could have a gun in each hand and one in each foot.. :mischief2

I don't feel bad for him.

He's wasted his talent, tried to undermine an established program and University and he keeps doing crap like this.

He's a pit stain.

Yeah, I think I worded that wrong. I just don't like what's happened to him, even though everything he's done has been his own stupid fault. It's unfortunate.

This guy has no one to blame but himself.

I mean, I understand trying to get into the NFL. He needed that money. His family needed that money. It wasn't the smartest thing, but I understand.

That being said, I think, psychologically, the guy isn't all there.

Hell of a college running back, though.

Also, it's been four or five years since this guy has played for us. Are people going to make OSU jokes ten years from now when he gets shot, or dies in prison, too? I mean, this guy is the saddest of sad cases, not because on any level that I feel sorry for him, but because he's so stupid and the WORST example of talent getting bad advice and his life spiraling out of control. Where's James Brown and the rest of his NFL buddies looking to cash off of him now?

Blaming OSU for this, at this point, is retarded and classless. We made our mistake with him and parted ways. End of story.

Quick Maurice story...

One day I was going to class, got off the bus and made my way up to and past Mirror Lake. Across from Mirror Lake are a bunch of halls which aren't really new, aren't really old, but they only have one or two entrances (due, at the time, to construction). You could only get in through the front door.

Now, I can't remember what dumb thing he had done, or what stupid thing he had said at this point. But, he was still on the team and we had a National Championship to win, at this point. So, I see all these news people, and by all these newspeople I'm talking about 60-75 men and women in suits, dudes with cameras, people with recorders blocking the door to this hall. They were just standing on the steps to the entranceway to one of the thousands of classrooms on campus. I was like, "What the f***?" And kind of just stood there watching for a minute.

When, lo and behold, a white bravada pulls up and let's Maurice off at the entrance where he proceeds to get SWARMED by press. The dude obviously didn't want to answer questions and just tried to get through the crowd. Only they wouldn't let him. There were so many people in this doorway he literally couldn't get through. After a couple of minutes of saying "no comment" and not answering questions he just said f*** it and left, walked down the street. I went the opposite way.

And you know what the headline that night was? "MAURICE CLARETT SKIPS CLASS! NEWS AT 11!"

Yeah, the guy's an idiot. Totally. But, he's also the like the used up condom or syringe of a lot of people. They took Clarett on their little joyride, used him for whatever they could get, and tossed him aside.

They didn't they used a stun gun and then mace.

LOL @ Police firing a shotgun on someone because they were in a struggle with him.

haha, oops, i read "stun gun" as "shotgun"

and on coldpizza they just had a policeman involved speaking and he said it was a tazer

A tazer is a stun gun.

Guest FishFanInPA

Ohio State coach Jim Tressel has suspended junior tight end Marcel Frost for the 2006 season for a violation of team rules.

Frost played nine games and started the final five last season after Ryan Hamby suffered a knee injury, catching seven passes for 70 yards.

The 6-5, 255-pound Frost was expected to start this season for the Buckeyes, the preseason No. 1 in the coaches' poll, but now sophomore Rory Nicol likely will get the nod.