Andino

Admin Beinfest last week spoke of how much andino is one of their top young prospects and they liked him for one of their elite future hitters. Because of his age and his ability with the glove. But, they are still playing him at SS.

With Hanley's often struggles with the glove ( even though he is getting better). And our obvious need for a CF for the future.. What is the change of Andino next year getting the SS job while Hanley gets some time in CF instead?

It could help us out defensively and give us a hole plugged up with Hanley, he definitely has a great arm and speed out there.

if andino shows he can hit well, he'll find a spot in the lineup. I really could see Hanley playing CF, he'd be a good fit out there. didn't scouts say hanley had a great glove though? maybe he's just struggling because he's got to get used to fielding with MLB hitters batting instead of AAA batters. (MLB hitters would be hitting the ball much harder). and I wouldn't want andino to go through the struggles that hanley has though. If robert's the reel deal defensively at SS, then maybe we should give it a try.

another of my rumors is that the Devil Rays are very high on Andino right now....may be some truth in that they move BJ Upton to 3rd..slide in Andino and give us a CF for some of our pitching as well......that keeps Hanley and Uggla where they belong and gives us a CF for next season.....also relieves us of some of our excess pitching

another of my rumors is that the Devil Rays are very high on Andino right now....may be some truth in that they move BJ Upton to 3rd..slide in Andino and give us a CF for some of our pitching as well......that keeps Hanley and Uggla where they belong and gives us a CF for next season.....also relieves us of some of our excess pitching

maybe the marlins were setting up that press conference room to announce that they acquired Carl Crawford :mischief2

(yes, i know he'd never of cleared waviers)

maybe the marlins were setting up that press conference room to announce that they acquired Carl Crawford :mischief2

(yes, i know he'd never of cleared waviers)

:drool . That would be good.

Its always going to make sense for Beinfest to be positive about guys in our system, as it helps build trade value if they don't make it with us.

I kinda like Andino actually, defensively he is already a good quality MLB level SS, and as a 22 year old in AAA he is still young enough to improve as a hitter. Certainly not the type you give up early on, put it that way.

It's not at all unusual for a 22 year old SS to make a lot of errors. He's the only one of the young players that has GG potential. He'll be a good defensive SS as he matures.

Possibly, but with Hanley he has the taller frame to add more muscle/bulk as he matures too, and that may impede his ability to play SS. Obviously nobody knows either way, and we have the luxury of having him for at least 3-4 years at a decent salary to find out.

You forgot possible CF additions over Ramirez and Andino's career > Andino.

A big reason Willingham is so terrible defensively is because he's never been allowed to stay in one position. He has been moved from 1B, 3B, LF and RF to accomodate a better prospect over his professional career (Stokes, Gonzalez, Cabrera, Will Smith). He's got solid tools that have been allowed to develop. I say keep him in LF or C and let him get comfortable and work on his defense for once in his life. Surely he's shown he has a bat that deserves to be in the majors. No longer should he be cast aside to accomodate other prospects. Versatility is nice to ahve, but so is having atleast one position where you are atleast average.

And guys, what if we moved Alex Gonzalez during his first trying season? Or his second, third and all the way up to the 2003-4 season, where he still had problems with routine stuff.

My suggestion wasnt to replace hanley and move him out of the lineup. But the possibility of him filling in at SS in the future because of his defensive prowess.

We are currently worst in the majors at errors, now alot of that has to do with being young. But we still have a terrible fielding, range measurements as well. Which is one of the reasons for D-trains down year.

Hanley could be a wonderful addition within CF for us for us. Alot of SS's go there if they cant handle the defense, and he could give us the range, arm, bat and lead off hiter we need coming out of CF.

This is just an idea because it is a cheap option. Which is a bonus for us.

Remember before the year Andino and Hanley foughti to ut for SS actually.

I would like to see how the kid does in september when called up.

G AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI TB BB SO SB CS OBP SLG AVG

100 411 61 104 15 6 7 39 152 28 84 12 8 .302 . 370 . 253

that is not great at all

guys rafael furcal has 22 errors and edgar renteria had 30 last year. check the stats ud be surpirsed at how many errors some SS have. hanley is going to be a great player very soon