Junior Seau Signs With New England, Postpones Retirement

Passion

Junior Seau's likely Hall of Fame career has come to an end.

The 12-time Pro Bowl linebacker will announce his retirement on Monday, the San Diego Chargers said in a statement Sunday.

After playing the first 13 years of his career with the Chargers, Seau spent the past three with the Miami Dolphins, who released him on March 6 to save $2.1 million under the salary cap.

Last year, Seau, 37, played in just seven games before suffering an Achilles tendon injury in a 22-0 loss at Cleveland on November 24. He finished with 43 tackles, one sack and two passes defensed.

In 2004, Seau started eight games for Miami before suffering a torn pectoral muscle.

Seau was selected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame All-Decade team for the 1990s and was named to the Pro Bowl 12 straight years from 1992-2003.

After an All-American career at Southern California, Seau was selected by San Diego in the first round of the 1990 draft.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2548201

I don't see anyway he isn't a HOFer.

now here is a topic we agree on passion...even though i manage to despise every other nfl team except for the fins...i loved the way that seau and harrison played together in san diego for so many years...they were just damn fun to watch...seau is a cool cat in my book and i really think he is a lock for canton and there are few guys who deserve it more

I'm wondering if Bruschi's injury is alot worse then BB is letting on and this is a desperation move on his part. There is no doubt that Jr will wind up hurt again this season.

I'm really not that pissed that Jr wants to play more but it just hurts its the Pats.

good point about bruschi...and yeah...im not so pissed that he wants to play but damn is it a low blow that it has to be the pats...on the bright side, maybe gino cappeletti can bring him out to the golf course i used to work and i can get an autograph

It's official....

Patriots signed LB Junior Seau and released TE Walter Rasby.

The future Hall of Famer will likely play inside linebacker while Tedy Bruschi is sidelined and be used primarily on rushing downs. Rasby made a preseason start but was expendable when Daniel Graham (shoulder) returned to practice. Aug. 18 - 4:43 pm et

I wish him the best, but that is one tough pill to swallow.

I don't see why people are mad at him. The Dolphins didn't want him, right?

Anyway, he's not that good anymore, and they'll be lucky to get half a season out of him.

It's the fact that he said he was retiring. And about one day later, he unretires.

He was retiring because he thought no one wanted him. Had the Patriots offered him a spot before he retired, he wouldn't have retired. They knew he was available. I don't know why they waited until he retired, though.

Anyway, he's not that good anymore, and they'll be lucky to get half a season out of him.

It's the fact that he said he was retiring. And about one day later, he unretires.

He was retiring because he thought no one wanted him. Had the Patriots offered him a spot before he retired, he wouldn't have retired. They knew he was available. I don't know why they waited until he retired, though.

They wanted to be charitable.

They wanted to be charitable. They also did not want to let on early how bad Bruschi's injury was (assumption on my part)