Mets trade for Guillermo Mota

Big Mike Pelfrey

Well the Mets are just taking advantage of the lead. They have time to experiment with this guy. If he's a bomb, we send him down to the minors or DFA him. Maybe he surprises and starts to pitch well again. I mean, it's not like he lost any velocity on his stuff, maybe Peterson can get it done.

Yea the Peterson talk was exactly what they said when they acquired Victor Zambrano for Scott Kazmir.

It definitely worked there :lol

maybe a change of scenery/pennant race will help mota

That's excatly what Minaya said. How many different "Changes of scenery" does this guy need?

:lol

:lol

Yeah, this guy's glory days are gone. I doubt he does anything with the Mets.

Im not a Mets fan but if Oliver can change it around why cant Mota ?

Well the Mets are just taking advantage of the lead. They have time to experiment with this guy. If he's a bomb, we send him down to the minors or DFA him. Maybe he surprises and starts to pitch well again. I mean, it's not like he lost any velocity on his stuff, maybe Peterson can get it done.

Yea the Peterson talk was exactly what they said when they acquired Victor Zambrano for Scott Kazmir.

It definitely worked there :lol

That may be true but I don't mind adding another arm to the pen. As I said before it's a low risk, high reward type deal. Omar knows what he is doing, we arent dealing with Jim Duquette here.

EDIT:

Darren Oliver:

2004 ~ 3W-3L | 72.2 IP | 5.95 ERA | 46 SO | 21 BB | .305 AVG

2006 ~ 4W-1L | 65.2 IP | 2.88 ERA | 49 SO | 19 BB | .208 AVG

Chad Bradford:

2005 ~ 2W-1L | 23.1 IP | 3.86 ERA | 10 SO | 4 BB | .312 AVG

2006 ~ 4W-2L | 46.0 IP | 2.94 ERA | 34 SO | 8 BB | .251 AVG (I believe he has stranded 38 of 46 inherited runners. Some crazy stat.)

Pedro Feliciano:

2004 ~ 1W-1L | 18.1 IP | 5.40 ERA | 14 SO | 12 BB | .209 AVG

2006 ~ 5W-2L | 48.2 IP | 2.03 ERA | 43 SO | 14 BB | .254 AVG

You do know disgusting means a good thing right? Mota has some filthy stuff.

agreed...if he ever put it all together he would be a top reliever in baseball...but that potential just never came to fruition

Did you become a fan like 3 days ago?

He was absolutely filthy with the Dodgers. When he was setting up Gagne, he probably could have closed for about 25 other teams in baseball. The Dodgers just abused his arm with 2 innings of work, and McKeon did the same.

He put it together, it's just gone.

It's called sarcasm, you'll get it someday.

agreed...if he ever put it all together he would be a top reliever in baseball...but that potential just never came to fruition

Did you become a fan like 3 days ago?

He was absolutely filthy with the Dodgers. When he was setting up Gagne, he probably could have closed for about 25 other teams in baseball. The Dodgers just abused his arm with 2 innings of work, and McKeon did the same.

He put it together, it's just gone.

It's called sarcasm, you'll get it someday.

swifty...no need to patronize...ive been a baseball fan since the ruben sierra golden years...and he was a good set up man for the dodgers, but couldnt hack it as a closer...hence...he never lived up to his potential