NCAA Football Week 1 Discussion

JetsMania

The big game this Saturday is Richmond at Duke as the Blue Devils quest for the national title opens.

This is a storied rivalry that just seems to get better every year.

GO DUKE!

youre ignoring the real matchup on Tobacco Road

yep, Rutgers at Carolina. can you say serious BCS implications?

Guest FishFanInPA

The big game this Saturday is Richmond at Duke as the Blue Devils quest for the national title opens.

This is a storied rivalry that just seems to get better every year.

GO DUKE!

The Marcus Jones Heisman campaign also begins.

Richmond is a 2 point favorite....

Oh and the battle of "someone has to win" is on Thursday as Temple goes to Buffalo.....The Race for the Chase of 3 wins begins for the Owls!!!

Free is a great big T...and IMO the Panthers need an OL, wanting to see if he is all he is cracked up to be.

Free will be fine.

I am interested to see if Tressel actually tries to stop Wolfe, or if he will play vanilla defense to not give anything away for Texas.

All I am going to say is Ohio State should and I think they will win (I said 34-24 Ohio State), but if they put a vanilla game plan in and they are looking ahead of us, watch out.

Free is a great big T...and IMO the Panthers need an OL, wanting to see if he is all he is cracked up to be.

Free will be fine.

I am interested to see if Tressel actually tries to stop Wolfe, or if he will play vanilla defense to not give anything away for Texas.

All I am going to say is Ohio State should and I think they will win (I said 34-24 Ohio State), but if they put a vanilla game plan in and they are looking ahead of us, watch out.

Tresselball is vanilla. It's how we beat Miami, it's how we beat Michigan, etc. It's not giving up the big plays. We gamble, but I'm guessing not as much with a young D.

I think Wolfe should have a good game. Hoping so anyway, might make me like Free even more.

Who is Horvaths primary reciever?

Britt Davis

You'll hear more of him the next 3 years. He rewrote our freshman recieving records last year after being converted from QB 2 weeks before the season. He was one of the schools most highly touted commits ever (albeit at QB).

6-2, 200 pounds with 4.45 speed. He is going to be a monster, and has the chance to be our best WR in school history.