Any news on call-ups?

Hollyberry

Jim Brower and his 4.41era will be up

yay!

:plain

"I'm biased because he's a good friend of mine, but what impressed me most about him more than pretty much anybody I've ever played with is he takes the ball no matter what," Herges said. "He just takes the ball and he's extremely competitive. "

aka: he has no out pitch.

yay!

"I'm biased because he's a good friend of mine, but what impressed me most about him more than pretty much anybody I've ever played with is he takes the ball no matter what," Herges said. "He just takes the ball and he's extremely competitive. "

aka: Messenger part 2?

yay!

aka: Messenger part 2?

his pitches probably have SOME movement on them :lol

What is the status of Stokes? Is he on the DL?

Stokes is good..back playing and actually had a couple of rbi's yesterday....have not heard if he is getting a call.....checked with my vested interest and he did not know anyone other than Andino and himself....and he is in flight to Milwaukee

What is the status of Stokes? Is he on the DL?

Stokes is good..back playing and actually had a couple of rbi's yesterday....have not heard if he is getting a call.....checked with my vested interest and he did not know anyone other than Andino and himself....and he is in flight to Milwaukee

Oh okay. I would love to see Stokes get a chance.

I don't see how Stokes would get any playing time unless Cabrera is out for a long period of time.

I dont mean give Stokes starts everyday but I would like to see him come in if the Marlins have a nice lead or something. Or maybe even PH. Nice to see a new face.

Wasn't he learning to play outfield too? Maybe he could take a start in right field.

Not sure.. Anyone know?

Speaking only for myself, I found right field to be the hardest position to play, and I caught from LL and into college when I switched to second and then first (with a pattering of all three outfield positions as the need arose). The ball always seems to be moving away from you, slicing, slicing, just hellishly difficult.

My point being, you just can't say "send so and so out to play right field", it doesn't work that way, not at the major league level and especially when you're in a wildcard hunt.

Yeah, here's a list of call-ups...

Coach:

Morris Buttermaker

Relief Pitchers:

Amanda Whurlitzer

Rudi Stein

Steve Ogilvie

Outfield:

Timmy Lupus

Ahmad Abdul-Rahim

Jose Agilar

Kelly Leek

Infield:

Tanner Boyle

Jimmy Feldman

Regi Tower

Toby Whitewood

Catcher:

Mike Engelberg

The coach is waiting for his next beer. The pitcher is waiting for her first bra. The team is waiting for a miracle. Consider the possibilities. THE BAD NEWS MARLINS!

yay!

:lol ah, always my favorite quality in a pitcher:

"hey, will that guy in the bullpen come in & pitch in this situation if the coach tells him to?"

"Who, him? Not only would he pitch right now, he'll take the ball NO MATTER WHAT!!!"

:o :rock :skippy :spam :super :usaflag :wow :elf :omg :panic :fitness3 :eeek

Not sure if the official callups were posted yet so...

Yusmeiro Petit - Relief Pitcher Sep. 1 - 4:51 pm et

Marlins recalled RHP Yusmeiro Petit from Triple-A Albuquerque.

Petit will serve as a middle reliever for now, but he could make a couple of starts later on. He was 4-6 with a 4.28 ERA, 101 H and 68/20 K/BB in 96 2/3 IP for Albuquerque.

Chris Resop - Relief Pitcher Sep. 1 - 4:50 pm et

Marlins recalled RHP Chris Resop from Triple-A Albuquerque.

Resop finished with a 3.81 ERA in 49 2/3 innings, which is pretty good for an Albuquerque pitcher. He might get a chance to work in a setup role if he impresses over the next couple of weeks.

Speaking only for myself, I found right field to be the hardest position to play, and I caught from LL and into college when I switched to second and then first (with a pattering of all three outfield positions as the need arose). The ball always seems to be moving away from you, slicing, slicing, just hellishly difficult.

My point being, you just can't say "send so and so out to play right field", it doesn't work that way, not at the major league level and especially when you're in a wildcard hunt.

I agree. I hate playing rightfield. I can't get that good of a read on the ball. Center is much easier, for me at least.