Florida Governor Race

Fish Tank Frenzy

I met Jim Davis in FIU during a real early primay debate he had with Rod Smith. He's a moderate with good political experience in the state and in Washington with heavy backing from the Democrat party. He was a Congressman for the Tampa district. Besides the usual political talk I do like his plan to raise teacher salaries.

Jim Davis has virtually no chance to win , Charlie Crist is a moderate who has great appeal to independent and open minded democrat voters . His name recognition is considerably higher than Davis , he has ran and won several state wide races . Additionally a main ingredient in a democratic win statewide is an extremely large African American turn out stated simply African Americans will not turn out for him because of his vote against compensation for two African American who were wrongly convicted and spent a considerable amount of time in jail while he was a state legislator. Davis is also rather bland on the stump and his voting record is not moderate . If i were a democrat and victory was my sole objective Smith would have been the better candidate . Smith is more of a moderate and would have appealed to North Florida's conservative Democrats additionally he doesnt have the baggage Davis has with African American voters . I by no means am predicting a landslide win for Crist but baring any earth shaking scandals Crist will win by a comfortable 3-6 point margin.

I dont know much at all but I know both him and Smith were considered moderates. He has the backing of the Democratic Leadership Council which is the definite centrist wing of the party. I think way back in the beginning I remember reading that Davis isnt much of a speaker, especially compared to Smith.

As for the election, Crist is definitely the favorite and I think he will win it based on Jeb Bush's popularity and the general right tilt of the state of late. Davis could hope for more democrats coming out because of Katherine Harris. But the primary turnouts didnt bode well for him.

I dont know much at all but I know both him and Smith were considered moderates. He has the backing of the Democratic Leadership Council which is the definite centrist wing of the party. I think way back in the beginning I remember reading that Davis isnt much of a speaker, especially compared to Smith.

As for the election, Crist is definitely the favorite and I think he will win it based on Jeb Bush's popularity and the general right tilt of the state of late. Davis could hope for more democrats coming out because of Katherine Harris. But the primary turnouts didnt bode well for him.

I dont think Harris will be as big of a factor as some think because the Republican Party will not invest any money in her campaign , given her poor fundraising Harris won't be very visible during the campaign and since most people have already made up their mind about her they wont pay her any attention . Harris got less than 50% in a republican primary running against 3 unknowns who had no money ....that speaks volumes

I dont think Harris will be as big of a factor as some think because the Republican Party will not invest any money in her campaign , given her poor fundraising Harris won't be very visible during the campaign and since most people have already made up their mind about her they wont pay her any attention . Harris got less than 50% in a republican primary running against 3 unknowns who had no money ....that speaks volumes

Isnt she going through her entire inheritence though? If she does have enough money to wage a negative campaign and get her name out more, it will help Davis. Ironic. But I agree. If the race is over early without much fanfare, it won't help Davis.

Davis will win it, I think the state is turning away from Bush's and his lackey in state and the country.

Are you kidding me? The entire theme of this year's gubernatorial race is "which candidate is most like Jeb Bush," regardless of their party. Jeb Bush has been a fantastic governor and if you cannot see that you need to take off your blinders.

The fact of the matter is it will be a very long time before we ever have another anti-gun democrat living in the governor's mansion here in The Gunshine State.

I've been a supporter of Crist for a while now, and I'm glad the job is most likely his.

I'm going to vote for Bill Nelson because other Republicans in Florida somehow couldn't stop Katherine Harris from being nominated. If Nelson bit the head of a live baby during the debate and then punted it into the crowd I'd still vote for him over Harris.

Can the Florida Senate Race part of the ballot have a place to vote None of the Above.

Nelson is an idiot, Harris not much better.

If you honestly think Harris is better than anything this side of 20 pounds of dog crap in a 10 pound bag, you're a fool. That said, I'm voting for Crist. Jeb has been a pretty good governor and Crist should be more of the same.

I would never vote for Crist based on the issues he says are important (Gay marriage ban among them).

It may be futile, but I'll vote for Davis.

Crist isn't going to get many centrist votes by saying "True conservitive, pro-life, ronald raegan republican."

Canidates do that in primary because only the hardcore party loyalists vote. You will see a change in tone from both canidates for the general election.