What are you looking forward to in 2007?

miamibaseball

Here are the things I hope to see by Opening Day 2007:

1) Plans in place for a new stadium in South Florida.

2) Joe Girardi still in a Marlins uniform.

3) A young talented MLB ready centerfielder (hopefully someone non-arby eligible till at least 2010).

4) Three decent relievers (one reclaimation project and two solid relievers who aren't on their way out).

3) A young talented MLB ready centerfielder (hopefully someone non-arby eligible till at least 2010).

4) Three decent relievers (one reclaimation project and two solid relievers who aren't on their way out).

I forgot about the stadium. That is another must for next year.

I forgot about the stadium. That is another must for next year.

Numbers one and two are probably pipe dreams, but I figured I'd post them any ways. ;)

Even Rich and Tommy took a great little jab at Loria during the telecast when Rich mentioned that the bullpen had to be a top priority for next year. Tommy agreed and said if you?re going to build a team around this talented starting pitching you absolutely need to give them some help. He made an analogy of buying a great house and filling it with junk.

Yes, definitely a ballpark deal firmly in place would be a dream come true!

In no particular order:

- Three new relief projects, hopefully one being: Kerry Wood (possible), Eric Gagne (doubtful) or Keith Foulke (hopeful). All three have tremendous upside if healthy, but I'd only pick up one. Wood would be a relief pitcher, btw.

- A talented defensive CF who hits for good average and has a bit of pop. Gary Matthews Jr. would be a dream.

- Re-sign Wes Helms and Alfredo Amezaga as bench players.

The rest will take care of itself.

In no particular order:

- Three new relief projects, hopefully one being: Kerry Wood (possible), Eric Gagne (doubtful) or Keith Foulke (hopeful). All three have tremendous upside if healthy, but I'd only pick up one. Wood would be a relief pitcher, btw.

- A talented defensive CF who hits for good average and has a bit of pop. Gary Matthews Jr. would be a dream.

- Re-sign Wes Helms and Alfredo Amezaga as bench players.

The rest will take care of itself.

Isn't Amezaga still under club control next season? I don't think he is even arby eligible yet. I am definitely for keeping Amezaga. He is the Marlins scrappier version of Rob Mackowiak.