What are you looking forward to in 2007?

Exactly for the simple fact that they will be more competitive next year. If your going to trade anyone do it outside the division. I am sure there would be alot better deals and it might not cost us Dontrelle.

We have given the Mets enough lol, and I am just not too high on Milledge and his defense. Thats something that he needs to iron out, we've had enough of those happen to us already this year.

But do you trade Willis for Crawford? I'd be awfully tempted to do something like that assuming the FO went out and signed an actual good veteran for the rotation next year. Fills a huge gap and I mean we have pitchers in the waiting to step up. Even if they arent ready by 2007 there will probably be one or two guys in the minors now just about ready to step into the rotation by 2008

I'd never trade Dontrelle for rookies or prospects, that is just insane. Keep the guy, his season has not been that bad, he has just had some bad luck. Given that he has not shown to be the pitcher he was last year, but I fully expect him to rebound and be a Cy Young Contender next season. That said, I expect us to go for that division title with a revamped bullpen, a dependable closer, a decent CFer and yes, Girardi on the helm. Lets not forget that we still have Hermida, who even though was disappointing this year, has been hurt all season. If he plays up to his abilities next year then we will have a much better offense, even if we dont get a new CFer.

Anybody else here wonder if the Braves would ever be willing to give up McCann, LaRoche, or Francouer in a deal involving Willis?

This is all from my head here, but I wonder if they would ever do something such as Willis/Jacobs for LaRoche/Francouer? Or maybe even Willis/Willingham/Olivo/Vargas/Pinto or Petit for LaRoche and McCann? Or do you think any/all three of those guys are untouchables?

We've made bigger trades before...

1. Stadium

2. Willis Contract

3. Cabera Contract

4. Legitimate CF option (rookie OK if he's a real prospect and not a known loser)

5. Legitimate closer

6. Additional bullpen arm

If Giradi does go, we need to get a guy with player development experience. Not somebody who is tinkering with success. If I hear any more about trying to make a future power/speed player like Hanley bunt more often, I am going to lose it! Same with trying to make a walk-machine like Hermida more aggressive.

I agree but Cabs contract is little higher priority than DT's we could get away with trading dontrelle but Cabrera is untouchable no matter who is offered in returm

I would also add change of ownership to the list

Normally I wouldn't think lightning can strike twice, but if this season has proven anything, as several of Marlins have said - there are alot of players spending their careers in the minor leagues who they admit are as good or better than they are.

So yes, I'd second that notion that the Rule 5 draft may be a source of a centerfielder in 2007.

On another subject, it was one thing to trade within our division when we thought our chances wouldn't be hurt by doing so, but entirely another to consider making the Braves and/or Mets better in 2007 and beyond when momentum will be on our side.

Especially, in the case of the Mets, which is an aging team, there is zero reason to help them get younger. There's plenty of other places where they can do that on their own without weakening the Marlins in the process. To Atlanta's credit, they are getting younger and quickly, as is Philly and without doubt Washington is trying to get there too, and so it's not out of the realm of possibility that in a few short years the Mets will return to their rightful place in the cellar of the NL East.