Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Palm Beach Post: Fredi Gonzalez will replace Girardi

Featured Replies

I love Fredi for obvious reasons, but my favorite reason for bringing him in is he might bring something we have never had in this organization: Stability. We've never had a player,owner, manager, hell we've never even had a broadcaster stay with us long term.

 

This is Fredi's dream job, and would be a stepping stone. He is young enough not to get burned out. If he does a good job, he could stay 12-15 years. Be the face of the franchise. With firesales around the corner every few years, we need a guy like that.

 

 

With the history this organization has with player and manager turnover, I think you are setting yourself up for disappointment if you think Fredi Gonzalez will come in and provide stability.

 

 

The point is that he has a much better chance of staying long term than a guy like Mckeon,Leyland or Yankee/Cub lover Joe Giradi.

 

Maybe, maybe not. It does seem like he really desires to be our manager and stay near his family in Florida. But you also make the (implicit) assumption that he will get along with the Marlins FO and be a successful manager, two things I don't think we can take for granted.

I love Fredi for obvious reasons, but my favorite reason for bringing him in is he might bring something we have never had in this organization: Stability. We've never had a player,owner, manager, hell we've never even had a broadcaster stay with us long term.

 

This is Fredi's dream job, and would be a stepping stone. He is young enough not to get burned out. If he does a good job, he could stay 12-15 years. Be the face of the franchise. With firesales around the corner every few years, we need a guy like that.

 

 

With the history this organization has with player and manager turnover, I think you are setting yourself up for disappointment if you think Fredi Gonzalez will come in and provide stability.

 

 

The point is that he has a much better chance of staying long term than a guy like Mckeon,Leyland or Yankee/Cub lover Joe Giradi.

 

Maybe, maybe not. It does seem like he really desires to be our manager and stay near his family in Florida. But you also make the (implicit) assumption that he will get along with the Marlins FO and be a successful manager, two things I don't think we can take for granted.

 

Agreed. But I don't think you or anyone else could name another manager who could bring more stability to this organization than a Fredi Gonzalez.

lemme just say that if he wins manager of the year and he gets fired, it's another black eye to this organization.....I don't care who gets along with whom...you put that sh*t aside and swallow your pride. I hope players revolt against it.....Girardi's a rookie manager for christ sake!!! Everyone makes mistakes.

 

Who made the award and its voters qualified to the level that they carry that much esteem?

 

Think of it like this: The Heisman award is for the voter's idea of the best college player, the #1 draft pick is for the best pro prospect. The manager of the year award is for the voters' idea of the best manager, the people who keep their jobs are the ones whom the organization believes will lead the team in the right direction.

 

Wrong.

Girardi just wanted to manage without the owner getting caught up in the moment and chirping at the umpire over balls and strikes.

Girardi doesnt deserve to be accussed of wanting to be the GM and the owner.

Can you guys show a friking ounce of respect to the guy in his last days as manager?

 

Does respect meaning omitting certain articles from ones memory and hyping a story that paints Girardi's foe as an enemy? Because then in that case, I won't respect Girardi. There have been reports that Girardi has not been able to work with Beinfest. That he doesn't listen to the opinions of Beinfest and his staff. That even before the whole Loria/umpire/Girardi/Puck came about that Girardi questioned if Loria should be in the clubhouse.

 

Way to cherrypick, Don!

forget fredi gonzalez!!!! the players love girardi and so do i becuase he has the righ attitude and has done an amazing job. accordingly, if we lose the whole coaching staff we are going to have a serious problem.

 

girardi was picked by loria becuase he was the right man for the job. stop acting like he didnt do well

 

no they dont.

How do you know the players don't love Girardi? Did players tell you or did some FO guy tell you? If it was some FO guy was this guy one of the same FO guys who hate Girardi and have tried to torpedo him through non-stop media leaks over the past few weeks?

forget fredi gonzalez!!!! the players love girardi and so do i becuase he has the righ attitude and has done an amazing job. accordingly, if we lose the whole coaching staff we are going to have a serious problem.

 

girardi was picked by loria becuase he was the right man for the job. stop acting like he didnt do well

 

no they dont.

How do you know the players don't love Girardi? Did players tell you or did some FO guy tell you? If it was some FO guy was this guy one of the same FO guys who hate Girardi and have tried to torpedo him through non-stop media leaks over the past few weeks?

None of the players told me, and no one in the FO told me. I just know there are about 3 players in that dugout who like Joe Girardi.

 

If you do or dont want to believe me, thats fine.

Guess you were right about Joey Pitbull all along...

 

:whistle

 

 

The man does not know how to work with people. Simple.

Obviously he does....just ones with smaller egos than the front office.

Guess you were right about Joey Pitbull all along...

 

:whistle

 

 

The man does not know how to work with people. Simple.

Obviously he does....just ones with smaller egos than the front office.

:|

Guess you were right about Joey Pitbull all along...

 

:whistle

 

 

The man does not know how to work with people. Simple.

Obviously he does....just ones with smaller egos than the front office.

 

A bully got his come-uppance. Like I been saying for months, Joey Pitbull' s act was going to wear thin. He fired himself when he told Loria to STFU...

forget fredi gonzalez!!!! the players love girardi and so do i becuase he has the righ attitude and has done an amazing job. accordingly, if we lose the whole coaching staff we are going to have a serious problem.

 

girardi was picked by loria becuase he was the right man for the job. stop acting like he didnt do well

 

no they dont.

How do you know the players don't love Girardi? Did players tell you or did some FO guy tell you? If it was some FO guy was this guy one of the same FO guys who hate Girardi and have tried to torpedo him through non-stop media leaks over the past few weeks?

None of the players told me, and no one in the FO told me. I just know there are about 3 players in that dugout who like Joe Girardi.

 

If you do or dont want to believe me, thats fine.

Obviously you have some inside access and you come across as a credible person so I appreciate and believe what you write however in a case such as this I would like to know what the source to your information is because I think the source could be tainted and if that's the case then the information you're passing along would be tainted... tainted not because of you but because of the source. I hope you don't take this as a shot at you because it's not. If you don't want to name your source I understand and that's fine.

forget fredi gonzalez!!!! the players love girardi and so do i becuase he has the righ attitude and has done an amazing job. accordingly, if we lose the whole coaching staff we are going to have a serious problem.

 

girardi was picked by loria becuase he was the right man for the job. stop acting like he didnt do well

 

no they dont.

How do you know the players don't love Girardi? Did players tell you or did some FO guy tell you? If it was some FO guy was this guy one of the same FO guys who hate Girardi and have tried to torpedo him through non-stop media leaks over the past few weeks?

None of the players told me, and no one in the FO told me. I just know there are about 3 players in that dugout who like Joe Girardi.

 

If you do or dont want to believe me, thats fine.

Obviously you have some inside access and you come across as a credible person so I appreciate and believe what you write however in a case such as this I would like to know what the source to your information is because I think the source could be tainted and if that's the case then the information you're passing along would be tainted... tainted not because of you but because of the source. I hope you don't take this as a shot at you because it's not. If you don't want to name your source I understand and that's fine.

Can't name my source because he reads the board :thumbup

forget fredi gonzalez!!!! the players love girardi and so do i becuase he has the righ attitude and has done an amazing job. accordingly, if we lose the whole coaching staff we are going to have a serious problem.

 

girardi was picked by loria becuase he was the right man for the job. stop acting like he didnt do well

 

no they dont.

How do you know the players don't love Girardi? Did players tell you or did some FO guy tell you? If it was some FO guy was this guy one of the same FO guys who hate Girardi and have tried to torpedo him through non-stop media leaks over the past few weeks?

None of the players told me, and no one in the FO told me. I just know there are about 3 players in that dugout who like Joe Girardi.

 

If you do or dont want to believe me, thats fine.

Obviously you have some inside access and you come across as a credible person so I appreciate and believe what you write however in a case such as this I would like to know what the source to your information is because I think the source could be tainted and if that's the case then the information you're passing along would be tainted... tainted not because of you but because of the source. I hope you don't take this as a shot at you because it's not. If you don't want to name your source I understand and that's fine.

Can't name my source because he reads the board :thumbup

Girardi reads the boards?!?!

I have to say I find it interesting that someone (not meant at you Polo, just using your question to further my point) needs (or would at least like to know) Ramp's source for fear his info may be tainted, but people are so quick to take as gospel the rantings of unnamed sources in columns by a Hyde or Berardino or any reporter, because it fits their POV.

 

I also think there is a reason that Hendry appears (although it could be a charade) to be cooling on Girardi to the Cubs faster than a cup of coffee on a polar icecap, and remarks made in the Chicago press about Girardi and his interpersonal skills seem to indicate that the "everyone loves Joe" thing is in fact a myth.

 

But I don't know, and I don't know who to believe, except maybe Ramp who really has no agenda, but I'm watching with a keen eye to see how this all plays out.

forget fredi gonzalez!!!! the players love girardi and so do i becuase he has the righ attitude and has done an amazing job. accordingly, if we lose the whole coaching staff we are going to have a serious problem.

 

girardi was picked by loria becuase he was the right man for the job. stop acting like he didnt do well

 

no they dont.

How do you know the players don't love Girardi? Did players tell you or did some FO guy tell you? If it was some FO guy was this guy one of the same FO guys who hate Girardi and have tried to torpedo him through non-stop media leaks over the past few weeks?

None of the players told me, and no one in the FO told me. I just know there are about 3 players in that dugout who like Joe Girardi.

 

If you do or dont want to believe me, thats fine.

Obviously you have some inside access and you come across as a credible person so I appreciate and believe what you write however in a case such as this I would like to know what the source to your information is because I think the source could be tainted and if that's the case then the information you're passing along would be tainted... tainted not because of you but because of the source. I hope you don't take this as a shot at you because it's not. If you don't want to name your source I understand and that's fine.

Can't name my source because he reads the board :thumbup

Girardi reads the boards?!?!

:blink:

I have to say I find it interesting that someone (not meant at you Polo, just using your question to further my point) needs (or would at least like to know) Ramp's source for fear his info may be tainted, but people are so quick to take as gospel the rantings of unnamed sources in columns by a Hyde or Berardino or any reporter, because it fits their POV.

 

I agree.

 

From my perspective, Ramp has proven himself enough times where I trust what he says. You'll notice that he rarely comes out with earth-shattering news, but he gets information that fleshes out details of stories already reported. That speaks to me as more credible than someone who wants to break the "big story" all the time. If that were his style, I wouldn't believe him, because it's unlikely that sort information would be leaked. However, if he were to break something momentous, I would believe him, since he has a track record of credibility.

forget fredi gonzalez!!!! the players love girardi and so do i becuase he has the righ attitude and has done an amazing job. accordingly, if we lose the whole coaching staff we are going to have a serious problem.

 

girardi was picked by loria becuase he was the right man for the job. stop acting like he didnt do well

 

no they dont.

How do you know the players don't love Girardi? Did players tell you or did some FO guy tell you? If it was some FO guy was this guy one of the same FO guys who hate Girardi and have tried to torpedo him through non-stop media leaks over the past few weeks?

None of the players told me, and no one in the FO told me. I just know there are about 3 players in that dugout who like Joe Girardi.

 

If you do or dont want to believe me, thats fine.

Obviously you have some inside access and you come across as a credible person so I appreciate and believe what you write however in a case such as this I would like to know what the source to your information is because I think the source could be tainted and if that's the case then the information you're passing along would be tainted... tainted not because of you but because of the source. I hope you don't take this as a shot at you because it's not. If you don't want to name your source I understand and that's fine.

Can't name my source because he reads the board :thumbup

Girardi reads the boards?!?!

:blink:

It was a joke...as in, your source for why nobody likes Girardi is actually Girardi complaining that only three people like him (not a player or someone in the FO...)....

forget fredi gonzalez!!!! the players love girardi and so do i becuase he has the righ attitude and has done an amazing job. accordingly, if we lose the whole coaching staff we are going to have a serious problem.

 

girardi was picked by loria becuase he was the right man for the job. stop acting like he didnt do well

 

no they dont.

How do you know the players don't love Girardi? Did players tell you or did some FO guy tell you? If it was some FO guy was this guy one of the same FO guys who hate Girardi and have tried to torpedo him through non-stop media leaks over the past few weeks?

None of the players told me, and no one in the FO told me. I just know there are about 3 players in that dugout who like Joe Girardi.

 

If you do or dont want to believe me, thats fine.

Obviously you have some inside access and you come across as a credible person so I appreciate and believe what you write however in a case such as this I would like to know what the source to your information is because I think the source could be tainted and if that's the case then the information you're passing along would be tainted... tainted not because of you but because of the source. I hope you don't take this as a shot at you because it's not. If you don't want to name your source I understand and that's fine.

Can't name my source because he reads the board :thumbup

Girardi reads the boards?!?!

:blink:

It was a joke...as in, your source for why nobody likes Girardi is actually Girardi complaining that only three people like him (not a player or someone in the FO...)....

haha yea I know it was... i was just putting :blink: before some else could

funny that even back then it was Beinfest who wanted Freddi and Loria who wanted Girardi.

 

Hasn't Loria learned by now to trust Beinfest?

 

Obviously you have some inside access and you come across as a credible person so I appreciate and believe what you write however in a case such as this I would like to know what the source to your information is because I think the source could be tainted and if that's the case then the information you're passing along would be tainted... tainted not because of you but because of the source. I hope you don't take this as a shot at you because it's not. If you don't want to name your source I understand and that's fine.

 

 

What difference does it make if Ramp tells you a name or not? You either believe him or you don't. If he says oh it came from "player X" or whomever, why would that suddenly make you believe it? You going to check with the source too?

funny that even back then it was Beinfest who wanted Freddi and Loria who wanted Girardi.

 

Hasn't Loria learned by now to trust Beinfest?

 

 

Obviously you have some inside access and you come across as a credible person so I appreciate and believe what you write however in a case such as this I would like to know what the source to your information is because I think the source could be tainted and if that's the case then the information you're passing along would be tainted... tainted not because of you but because of the source. I hope you don't take this as a shot at you because it's not. If you don't want to name your source I understand and that's fine.

 

 

What difference does it make if Ramp tells you a name or not? You either believe him or you don't. If he says oh it came from "player X" or whomever, why would that suddenly make you believe it? You going to check with the source too?

If Ramp said his info came from a player I would believe Ramp.

 

If Ramp said his info came from someone in the FO I would believe Ramp was truthful is relaying to us what someone in the FO told him but I wouldn't believe the actual information because I would consider the source (FO person) to be tainted given the ugly divorce between Girardi and the FO.

 

I hope this is clear enough.

But the possibility that the player may be against Girardi doesn't enter into the equation?

 

 

 

P.S. I only trust Ramp and his sources when they help my argument. :D

I have to say I find it interesting that someone (not meant at you Polo, just using your question to further my point) needs (or would at least like to know) Ramp's source for fear his info may be tainted, but people are so quick to take as gospel the rantings of unnamed sources in columns by a Hyde or Berardino or any reporter, because it fits their POV.

 

I agree.

 

From my perspective, Ramp has proven himself enough times where I trust what he says. You'll notice that he rarely comes out with earth-shattering news, but he gets information that fleshes out details of stories already reported. That speaks to me as more credible than someone who wants to break the "big story" all the time. If that were his style, I wouldn't believe him, because it's unlikely that sort information would be leaked. However, if he were to break something momentous, I would believe him, since he has a track record of credibility. right on the money

If Ramp wanted to name his source he would have in his original posting...Remember guys baseball is these guys of making a living.They deserver their comments made in private kept confidential. Our ballplayers deserve all the respect in the world

dont cross the boss.

 

 

the lesson here is that Admin beinfest runs this organization and jeffey loria hopefully has learned this lesson.

 

 

joe girardi would still be manager if he had any type of working relationship with the general manager of this team.

Agreed.

 

I would have preferred Fredi last season anyways.

Me as well. I was surprised when they announced it. I think Loria has a secret boner for New York (Girardi being from NY at least) or something.

I love Fredi for obvious reasons, but my favorite reason for bringing him in is he might bring something we have never had in this organization: Stability. We've never had a player,owner, manager, hell we've never even had a broadcaster stay with us long term.

 

This is Fredi's dream job, and would be a stepping stone. He is young enough not to get burned out. If he does a good job, he could stay 12-15 years. Be the face of the franchise. With firesales around the corner every few years, we need a guy like that.

 

 

I'll give you 30/1 odds he doesn't stay 10 years.

 

We're on our 6th (Boles, Perez, Torborg, McKeon, Girardi, X) manager in Loria's 7 year tenure.

I love Fredi for obvious reasons, but my favorite reason for bringing him in is he might bring something we have never had in this organization: Stability. We've never had a player,owner, manager, hell we've never even had a broadcaster stay with us long term.

 

This is Fredi's dream job, and would be a stepping stone. He is young enough not to get burned out. If he does a good job, he could stay 12-15 years. Be the face of the franchise. With firesales around the corner every few years, we need a guy like that.

 

 

I'll give you 30/1 odds he doesn't stay 10 years.

 

We're on our 6th (Boles, Perez, Torborg, McKeon, Girardi, X) manager in Loria's 7 year tenure.

 

Loria bought team in the spring of 2002:

 

2002- Torborg

2003- Torborg/McKeon

2004- McKeon

2005- McKeon

2006- Girardi

2007- ????

dont cross the boss.

 

 

the lesson here is that Admin beinfest runs this organization and jeffey loria hopefully has learned this lesson.

 

 

joe girardi would still be manager if he had any type of working relationship with the general manager of this team.

Agreed.

 

I would have preferred Fredi last season anyways.

Me as well. I was surprised when they announced it. I think Loria has a secret boner for New York (Girardi being from NY at least) or something.

Seeing as Loria is from New York and once had box seats to the Yankees, perhaps, it's natural he tends to prefer players he saw while a fan there

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.