I need a hobby

catchoftheday

Golf

The common misconception is that it's always extremely costly, which can be true, but it also can be quite cheap. Buy a set of used clubs, stay away from the expensive courses (Or courses altogether, the driving range/putting green is fun enough assuming you just want a somewhat simple hobby). I find that hitting a couple of buckets of balls relieves a lot of stress.

Baseball card collecting is very fun too, but can be addicting if you're a compulsive like I am :lol God knows how much money I've wasted on packs of cards over the years. I try now to just concentrate on collecting certain players. (Newest venture being Chris Volstad while his stuff is cheap) Volstad Collection In Progress

Golf

The common misconception is that it's always extremely costly, which can be true, but it also can be quite cheap. Buy a set of used clubs, stay away from the expensive courses (Or courses altogether, the driving range/putting green is fun enough assuming you just want a somewhat simple hobby). I find that hitting a couple of buckets of balls relieves a lot of stress.

Baseball card collecting is very fun too, but can be addicting if you're a compulsive like I am :lol God knows how much money I've wasted on packs of cards over the years. I try now to just concentrate on collecting certain players. (Newest venture being Chris Volstad while his stuff is cheap) Volstad Collection In Progress

23 dollar friday student discount at a nice course near me. It's pretty awesome.

I do need a new set though. I have this two-way pitching wedge that took forever to get used to but I play it well now.

Firearms, more specifically trap/skeep shooting. It's a very fulfilling and rewarding hobby that is very fun. I don't know what part of Florida you live in, but if you're anywhere near Markham Park I highly recommend going to one of the beginners Trap/Skeet shooting clinics. The clinic is free and a lot of fun and you'll learn a lot, you'll be absolutely hooked and want to go out and buy a Remington 870 or similar shotgun perfect for a beginner trap shooter. After a few practice trips to Markham you'll be out there competing in tournaments, it's great.

Don't just say "no, I don't want anything to do with firearms" or something like that. Be open minded and give it a try, the clinic is free and would be PERFECT for you. You've got nothing to lose, if you don't like it that's cool, but if you do love it which I think you will, you just found a great hobby and sport that is fulfilling and you can participate in for the rest of your life, you'll meet a lot of great people and make a lot of great friends and just have a lot of fun.

I play the guita/bass and love to run and Im starting to go get into spinning but I think I need to join a club of some kind

I also paint/sketch quite a bit although I havent been inspired in quite some time ... reading also takes a lot of my time but I really cant seem to be satisfied with any of these things, I need a new thrill

thanks for everyone's input though :)

keep em coming

Guest FlummoxedLummox

I've been wanting to build and fly RC airplanes for a while, but haven't had the disposable income to get started. Same goes with actual flying.

Same goes with actual flying.

If you check out some flight schools, they usually have an orientation flight for free [or very little money] to try to hook you. When I did mine, I did everything but land the plane. It was pretty awesome.

Depending on where you live, SCUBA is a great sport. Once you have laid out the initial dough, it isn't very expensive to maintain your gear or fill your tanks. If you can find a good club near you, it makes it more of a social activity while also enjoying nature and not sitting on your bum. It's up to you.

Read Doyle Brunson's "Supersystem" and play online poker.

If you don't already travel, start doing so. I would suggest:

Las Vegas

NYC

Southern France

Monte Carlo

Anywhere in Italy other than Milan

Barcelona

Buy some music software (Cakewalk/Pro Tools Lite/Logic) and record your music ideas piece by piece and write songs.

Read Doyle Brunson's "Supersystem" and play online poker.

If you don't already travel, start doing so. I would suggest:

Las Vegas

NYC

Southern France

Monte Carlo

Anywhere in Italy other than Milan

Barcelona

Buy some music software (Cakewalk/Pro Tools Lite/Logic) and record your music ideas piece by piece and write songs.

vacations you mentioned are a wee bit expensive. If he can't afford to kayak, flying to France is tough!