Alex Sanchez's split stats

Does anybody else feel like if we were to have acquired alex sanchez we should have done it a couple of years ago...like when he was actually playing in the majors...anybody know where he was last season?

Playing for the Louisville Bats (AAA for Cincinnati Reds). Didn't go so well (he hit 225 in 38 games), and I figure that's why he wasn't in the majors last season. Not sure if it's indicative of anything more than prolonged slump, but if his current performance in Venezuela holds any value, he seems to be out of whatever funk he was in for 2006.

If his current performance in Venezuela holds any value, he seems to be out of whatever funk he was in for 2006.

AVG G AB R H TB 2B 3B HR RBI BB K SAC SB SLG% OBP%

.394 23 94 17 37 57 7 2 3 18 5 11 3 1 .606 .420

I'll take these stats and offer at least an invitation to ST.

926 OPS...that would be nice coming from CF. If we can get close to that from him all season, and Jacobs can stay healthy and step it up, and Hermida lives up to his potential...well, you can imagine how nice our lineup would be.

926 OPS...that would be nice coming from CF. If we can get close to that from him all season, and Jacobs can stay healthy and step it up, and Hermida lives up to his potential...well, you can imagine how nice our lineup would be.

Considering he has a career .702 OPS, I wouldnt expect anything close to .926

A career 702 OPS is still higher than any other potential CF currently in the organization(say what you will). Besides that I think he can improve on it. While he was playing in the majors his last 2 years (04 & 05) he was managing a 744 OPS, so I think he can realistically get it up to 750 w/ regular playing time.

He was doing good until he got suspended because the Giants swapped his peepee sample with Barry Bonds's.

He was doing good until he got suspended because the Giants swapped his peepee sample with Barry Bonds's.

Cute

I don't think he makes the team out of ST. Just a blind guess, but I don't see him cracking it.

Cute

I don't think he makes the team out of ST. Just a blind guess, but I don't see him cracking it.

:thumbup

Assuming we don't acquire another CF, who do you think will be there on opening day?

Cute

Assuming we don't acquire another CF, who do you think will be there on opening day?

Better chance of me hitting the same number in roulette four times in a row then picking out our opening day CF

Cute

Better chance of me hitting the same number in roulette four times in a row then picking out our opening day CF

:mischief :mischief :mischief :mischief :mischief :mischief