Main event at the Super Bowl XLI Half Time Show

Accord

Prince is awesome and I'd actually say he is pretty underrated when people discuss the best musicians of all-time.

The guy is still relevant today unlike some of the acts they have had and I'm definitely going to be watching.

All Time? :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown

I would say it would be pushing it that he is relevant musically today even

Prince is probably the closest you can ever get to coming out of the closet without acutally coming out.

Homophobia is cool when you are like 14.

I'd actually say he is pretty underrated when people discuss the best musicians of all-time.

Not a hater at all, but that's pushing it.

Underrated when discussing his era, but not all time.

Just my opinion.

The different genres he has used to span his career and the fact that most of his work is written and produced by himself not to mention he also plays most of the instruments on his songs is incredibly impressive and not common in his genre. The way he blends totally different genres (Latin and R&B, Rock and Jazz) together to make such an original and different sound is absurd. The guy is so ridiculously talented.

Anyone who says he isn't relevant today I'm willing to bet hasn't listened to a second of either Musicology (2004) or 3121 (2005) which were both damn fine albums.

Prince is awesome and I'd actually say he is pretty underrated when people discuss the best musicians of all-time.

The guy is still relevant today unlike some of the acts they have had and I'm definitely going to be watching.

All Time? :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown

I would say it would be pushing it that he is relevant musically today even

Agreed

Prince is probably the closest you can ever get to coming out of the closet without acutally coming out.

Homophobia is cool when you are like 14.It's not homophobia, it's called laughing at a famous jackass who is a flaming nutjob and acts like a woman.

Aside from his flamboyant dress, how does he "act" like a woman, though? Man, some people.

Granted, as I've said before, no one who's posted here has been with Carmen Electra.

And I think in terms of his popularity, Prince is more of an influential guy. Like, he's not the highest seller, etc. But he's influenced so many other artists and then came around and changed the industry and took it into another direction.

Not exactly a good choice to represent Miami and a football crowd normally though.

Actually nm perhaps he represents Key West Perfectly.

Yeah, well Justin Timberlake and Janet Jackson are!? A former boy-bander and someone who hasn't been relevant to music in over 12 years.

It's the Superbowl half-time show. Who cares!? I might only watch because it's Prince, but I can't name any show the NFL has put on at a half-time aside from peewee football, punt pass and kick and the dancing mascot thingies at local Bengals games that even remotely catch my interest, let alone getting big-name talent.

Guest marlins02

Not exactly a good choice to represent Miami and a football crowd normally though.

I wonder if he will get cheered or booed? I know when Ashley simpson did the orange bowl a few years ago she was booed.

thats because ashlee simpson cant sing for sh*t... this is prince who contrary to your beliefs is an amazing musician.

i normally dont care about the super bowl halftime but i might actually catch a little bit between using the bathroom and doing other stuff because its prince and want to see what songs he'll do.

I wonder if he will get cheered or booed? I know when Ashley simpson did the orange bowl a few years ago she was booed.

thats because ashlee simpson cant sing for sh*t... this is prince who contrary to your beliefs is an amazing musician.

i normally dont care about the super bowl halftime but i might actually catch a little bit between using the bathroom and doing other stuff because its prince and want to see what songs he'll do.

Thats not the point. He may have a great voice but there is a chance he gets booed. If he gets booed it will be because his image not his voice.

Thats not the point. He may have a great voice but there is a chance he gets booed. If he gets booed it will be because his image not his voice.

If Prince is so gay people in Miami should love him. :shifty

As long as he sounds good (and he will), he wont get booed

Theres been plenty of less than masculine halftime shows that havent been booed off the stage

Who cares who performs. I use the bathroom at halftime to make room for 50 more chicken wings.

just cause it hasn't been posted doesn't mean people don't know about it

Damn man. Cut the guy some slack. If that were the case we wouldnt have any threads on this forum!! :lol

Besides, your the king of link posting I suppose he just stole some of your thunder :cool

He's banged Carmen Electra which is more than you can say.

So did Dennis Rodman, but that doesn't make him any less of a creep job either.

How is he a "creep job," now? What does that even mean? Just because the dude is weird doesn't mean his music sucks. Man, kids today.

Why don't we go on a fag witchhunt next? Let's call out David Bowie, Mick Jagger and anyone else who's done or looks like they've done something remotely homosexual. Can we start using the n-word around here now? What's up with all the gay-bashing or all of a sudden?

How is he a "creep job," now? What does that even mean? Just because the dude is weird doesn't mean his music sucks. Man, kids today.

Why don't we go on a fag witchhunt next? Let's call out David Bowie, Mick Jagger and anyone else who's done or looks like they've done something remotely homosexual. Can we start using the n-word around here now? What's up with all the gay-bashing or all of a sudden?

You are a complete lunatic. The guy is a f***ing weirdo, that's all I said. I could care less if he f***ed Carmen Electra or Don Carmen, the guy's sexual orientation doesn't come into play. The fact is he has a history of acting like a weirdo: Performing on stage in his underwear (and getting pelted with garbage), Cursing on SNL, Purple Rain, the assless pants, the whole symbol debacle, and let's not forget the weird relationaship with one Michael Jackson.

You are a complete lunatic. The guy is a f***ing weirdo, that's all I said. I could care less if he f***ed Carmen Electra or Don Carmen, the guy's sexual orientation doesn't come into play. The fact is he has a history of acting like a weirdo: Performing on stage in his underwear (and getting pelted with garbage), Cursing on SNL, Purple Rain, the assless pants, the whole symbol debacle, and let's not forget the weird relationaship with one Michael Jackson.

Relationship with Michael Jackson? They f***in hate each other dude. That's common knowledge.