Who do you want to see be our closer?

Gregg, Lindstrom, & Nolasco should be on the list.

And I stand by the opinion that Tank does what he does too good to be moved to another role. We should, if no other group of fans, be well enough aware of how much harder it is to find a reliable setup man than a good closer. The Lindstroms, Owens, and Greggs of the world have a much better shot (IMO) of filling Borowski's shoes than they do Tanks. Just my opinion.

Gregg has no chance to close. Lindstrom is a very long shot although should probably be added. Nolasco could have been added but at this point, with Sanchez and Johnson being somewhat injured- he will remain in the rotation. Nolasco isn't a RP at this point.

Beinfest has told Nolasco that barring a major acquisition, he's the closer. Not sure how that would end up if JJ and Anibal are not in the rotation to start the season.

Depends on how Freddi works the pitchers, if he's got a quick hook I want Tank to be the fireman. If he's a 7 or 8 inning from the starter guy, give it to Tank.

Basically, since I think he's going to be modeled after Cox and live and die with his starters, I say go with Tank at closer, Pinto as a LOOGY/set-up and whoever has a better spring from Owens/Lindstrom/Garcia as the primary set-up.

And I stand by the opinion that Tank does what he does too good to be moved to another role. We should, if no other group of fans, be well enough aware of how much harder it is to find a reliable setup man than a good closer. The Lindstroms, Owens, and Greggs of the world have a much better shot (IMO) of filling Borowski's shoes than they do Tanks. Just my opinion.

Gregg has no chance to close. Lindstrom is a very long shot although should probably be added. Nolasco could have been added but at this point, with Sanchez and Johnson being somewhat injured- he will remain in the rotation. Nolasco isn't a RP at this point.

Beinfest has told Nolasco that barring a major acquisition, he's the closer. Not sure how that would end up if JJ and Anibal are not in the rotation to start the season.

Beinfest told Nolasco that? haha when? link? It was just an idea floated around with no substance anymore after the injuries. Please show me a link where Nolasco went to Beinfest's house and they had a cup of coffee to discuss the closer position.

And, if true, I think Ricky has a very long fruitful career as a closer.

I've been calling for it since last season, and Girardi in the offseason on Mike and the Mad Dog said that he felt Nolasco would make a ++ closer.

Beinfest told Nolasco that? haha when? link? It was just an idea floated around with no substance anymore after the injuries. Please show me a link where Nolasco went to Beinfest's house and they had a cup of coffee to discuss the closer position.

I can't really provide a link to a personal conversation. It was word of mouth between the two of us. It wasn't a cup of coffee thing, it was more of an agent talking to a GM and then letting his player know what the deal is with all of the speculation. If you want to call BS, feel free, won't hurt my feelings any.