Time to think outside the box

Backin2008

The Marlins should try to get a young RF like Murton, Lane or Hawpe and stick Hermida in CF. He would be as good defensively as Amezaga, Ross or any of the other garbage the Marlins currently have for CF. All those teams need pitching and the Marlins have alot of extra SP in the minors to deal.

Um........no

Man, you guys are acting like Hermida is an old, broken down player. He's a kid and he's had all winter to recover. He is at least as good a fielder as anyone that played CF for the Marlins last season.

it's not a bad idea, but putting an injury prone type in a position that requires a helluva lot of running doesnt make sense right now

The argument here is to play Hermida in CF and go get a new RF. Ross and Borchard belong on the bench. Ross is a career .220 hitter and Borchard is a .209 hitter.

Please, I beg of your kind to learn the meaning of OBP and SLG, especially SLG when it comes to Borchard and Ross. There is more to offense than batting average.

As far obtaining a new RF, I don't see how a quality RF would be any easier to find than a quality CF. None of the potential RF mentioned are on the market. And even then, I would probably try one of them in CF before Hermida.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.