Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NFL Offseason Thread

Featured Replies

Didn't know where to put this and didn't want to start just a thread on one minor topic, so I started an offseason thread. Mods can feel free to alter the title and narrow the scope if they feel, no big deal to me.

 

Anyway, Mel Kiper just put up his newest mock draft and he has Brady Quinn falling all the way to the Dolphins at 9. I don't see this happening, but if it did, that would be AMAZING. It's an ESPN Insider article, so I'm not sure if I am allowed to post it. If I am, then I will, otherwise, if anyone has any question of who Mel has projected to their team let me know.

He needs to have a terrible combine to fall that far. That would be a great pick.

 

 

Free agency starts March 1st I believe. However we will know what players are franchised or not tendered before that.

I hope he goes to the Clowns. But, that's me.

 

They have no line and he'd be sh*tty as hell until he got traded or was forced to retire due to injury.

 

I'm not wishing that on him or anything, I just want the Browns to suck.

Mel Kiper of ESPN has the Dolphins getting Brady Quinn in round 9 of the draft. :lol

 

Doesn't exactly make my toes tingle :confused

I'm on the fence with Culpepper but I'm not ready to give up on him yet. I think we have more pressing needs than a qb

I'm on the fence with Culpepper but I'm not ready to give up on him yet. I think we have more pressing needs than a qb

 

How old is Culpepper? I dont know if I would count on him. He did not look good in 2005 before he got hurt. He looked terrible the few games he played this year. If Quinn makes it to 9, why wouldnt you draft him? The dolphins have no good young qb's on their roster and havent drafted one early on in a long long time. He would be a steal at 9.

I'm on the fence with Culpepper but I'm not ready to give up on him yet. I think we have more pressing needs than a qb

 

How old is Culpepper? I dont know if I would count on him. He did not look good in 2005 before he got hurt. He looked terrible the few games he played this year. If Quinn makes it to 9, why wouldnt you draft him? The dolphins have no good young qb's on their roster and havent drafted one early on in a long long time. He would be a steal at 9.

 

30 currently, he will start the year at 30 and all so 3-4 years left to his career either way.

 

A note to consider we havent drafted a 1st or 2nd round QB since Dan Marino in 1983.

 

 

I think we need to take best player available that is not a RB.

 

OLB, QB, LT, NT (there is none that high of note), perhaps even DE if Holliday doesnt resign, Number 1 WR

Dumb if we get Quinn. he wont fall that far, so the topic is going to be worth arguing over, but I think the Dolphins are dumb if they get Quinn. We need help at the lines and our defense. Id much rather get a run WR to go with Chambers, rather then getting another QB that will be a let down anyway.

  • Author

I'm on the fence with Culpepper but I'm not ready to give up on him yet. I think we have more pressing needs than a qb

 

How old is Culpepper? I dont know if I would count on him. He did not look good in 2005 before he got hurt. He looked terrible the few games he played this year. If Quinn makes it to 9, why wouldnt you draft him? The dolphins have no good young qb's on their roster and havent drafted one early on in a long long time. He would be a steal at 9.

 

30 currently, he will start the year at 30 and all so 3-4 years left to his career either way.

 

A note to consider we havent drafted a 1st or 2nd round QB since Dan Marino in 1983.

 

 

I think we need to take best player available that is not a RB.

 

OLB, QB, LT, NT (there is none that high of note), perhaps even DE if Holliday doesnt resign, Number 1 WR

 

Agreed. Just don't draft me Leon Hall, god I think he will be horrendous.

I'm on the fence with Culpepper but I'm not ready to give up on him yet. I think we have more pressing needs than a qb

 

How old is Culpepper? I dont know if I would count on him. He did not look good in 2005 before he got hurt. He looked terrible the few games he played this year. If Quinn makes it to 9, why wouldnt you draft him? The dolphins have no good young qb's on their roster and havent drafted one early on in a long long time. He would be a steal at 9.

 

30 currently, he will start the year at 30 and all so 3-4 years left to his career either way.

 

A note to consider we havent drafted a 1st or 2nd round QB since Dan Marino in 1983.

 

 

I think we need to take best player available that is not a RB.

 

OLB, QB, LT, NT (there is none that high of note), perhaps even DE if Holliday doesnt resign, Number 1 WR

 

Agreed. Just don't draft me Leon Hall, god I think he will be horrendous.

 

we are completely in agreement there dude. There is no CB that is worth a top 15 pick in this draft. Unless people want to stick nelson at CB and that would be a waste of his abilities at Safety.

I think we should try and get a defensive player in the first round. But I wouldnt mind a Offensive lineman.

With the NFL free-agency period beginning March 2, it appears more and more likely that Pro Bowl guard Kris Dielman will test the market.

 

Smith wouldn't divulge details of the negotiations but said the dialogue has been lengthy.

 

"It's a top priority, and I have no idea where that will go," Smith said. "We'll do what's in the best interests of the San Diego Chargers, and they'll do what's in the best interests of the player.

 

"I'm optimistic, but it appears to me that they're going to go to the market to try to get the best possible deal. If he's here, I'll be happy. If he's not, I'll be disappointed."

 

If Dielman doesn't sign a new deal with the Chargers before the start of free agency, the Miami Dolphins figure to be one of the teams seeking his services.

 

New Dolphins coach Cam Cameron, the former Chargers offensive coordinator, coached Dielman in college at Indiana.

 

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2007/02/08...29_822_7_07.txt

 

 

anyone want a pro bowl caliber OG that Houck hand picked and coached up? That likes Cameron and Houck? I know I would. :)

With the NFL free-agency period beginning March 2, it appears more and more likely that Pro Bowl guard Kris Dielman will test the market.

 

Smith wouldn't divulge details of the negotiations but said the dialogue has been lengthy.

 

"It's a top priority, and I have no idea where that will go," Smith said. "We'll do what's in the best interests of the San Diego Chargers, and they'll do what's in the best interests of the player.

 

"I'm optimistic, but it appears to me that they're going to go to the market to try to get the best possible deal. If he's here, I'll be happy. If he's not, I'll be disappointed."

 

If Dielman doesn't sign a new deal with the Chargers before the start of free agency, the Miami Dolphins figure to be one of the teams seeking his services.

 

New Dolphins coach Cam Cameron, the former Chargers offensive coordinator, coached Dielman in college at Indiana.

 

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2007/02/08...29_822_7_07.txt

 

 

anyone want a pro bowl caliber OG that Houck hand picked and coached up? That likes Cameron and Houck? I know I would. :)

 

I am sure he like Cameron but I assure you he likes money more. Teams will be throwing money at free agents this year since so many teams are way under the cap.

With the NFL free-agency period beginning March 2, it appears more and more likely that Pro Bowl guard Kris Dielman will test the market.

 

Smith wouldn't divulge details of the negotiations but said the dialogue has been lengthy.

 

"It's a top priority, and I have no idea where that will go," Smith said. "We'll do what's in the best interests of the San Diego Chargers, and they'll do what's in the best interests of the player.

 

"I'm optimistic, but it appears to me that they're going to go to the market to try to get the best possible deal. If he's here, I'll be happy. If he's not, I'll be disappointed."

 

If Dielman doesn't sign a new deal with the Chargers before the start of free agency, the Miami Dolphins figure to be one of the teams seeking his services.

 

New Dolphins coach Cam Cameron, the former Chargers offensive coordinator, coached Dielman in college at Indiana.

 

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2007/02/08...29_822_7_07.txt

 

 

anyone want a pro bowl caliber OG that Houck hand picked and coached up? That likes Cameron and Houck? I know I would. :)

 

I am sure he like Cameron but I assure you he likes money more. Teams will be throwing money at free agents this year since so many teams are way under the cap.

 

Agreed and the dolphins will be too (after restructures we should be well under 25 million under the cap). But we do have 3-4 ins with him which helps

 

1. Tax free state so our money is worth more

2. It is sunny florida :)

3. Cameron

4. Houck, same blocking scheme

 

so I like our chances, he wont be the biggest name out there (clement and samuels, briggs, adalius thomas, garcia etc). But I like him for a good pick up. My hope would be him and samuels but samuels is going to be a huge bidding war. But at least he is from south florida and his family lives here I believe.

Mel Kiper of ESPN has the Dolphins getting Brady Quinn in round 9 of the draft. :lol

 

Of course, you mean the ninth overall pick, not round nine.

Mel Kiper of ESPN has the Dolphins getting Brady Quinn in round 9 of the draft. :lol

 

Of course, you mean the ninth overall pick, not round nine.

Yes, I worded that wrong.

With the NFL free-agency period beginning March 2, it appears more and more likely that Pro Bowl guard Kris Dielman will test the market.

 

Smith wouldn't divulge details of the negotiations but said the dialogue has been lengthy.

 

"It's a top priority, and I have no idea where that will go," Smith said. "We'll do what's in the best interests of the San Diego Chargers, and they'll do what's in the best interests of the player.

 

"I'm optimistic, but it appears to me that they're going to go to the market to try to get the best possible deal. If he's here, I'll be happy. If he's not, I'll be disappointed."

 

If Dielman doesn't sign a new deal with the Chargers before the start of free agency, the Miami Dolphins figure to be one of the teams seeking his services.

 

New Dolphins coach Cam Cameron, the former Chargers offensive coordinator, coached Dielman in college at Indiana.

 

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2007/02/08...29_822_7_07.txt

 

 

anyone want a pro bowl caliber OG that Houck hand picked and coached up? That likes Cameron and Houck? I know I would. :)

 

I am sure he like Cameron but I assure you he likes money more. Teams will be throwing money at free agents this year since so many teams are way under the cap.

 

Agreed and the dolphins will be too (after restructures we should be well under 25 million under the cap). But we do have 3-4 ins with him which helps

 

1. Tax free state so our money is worth more

2. It is sunny florida :)

3. Cameron

4. Houck, same blocking scheme

 

so I like our chances, he wont be the biggest name out there (clement and samuels, briggs, adalius thomas, garcia etc). But I like him for a good pick up. My hope would be him and samuels but samuels is going to be a huge bidding war. But at least he is from south florida and his family lives here I believe.

 

There are alot of teams that have more than 25 million to spend. I dont think blocking scheme is going to make him want to come. It will be a combination of money and where he thinks he can win that will be the biggest influence. However the tax free state issue will be an influence. The rest probably wont be.

I'm looking forward to the draft, the Skins have the sixth overall pick (hard to believe we were that bad) and Kiper has us drafting that cat from Arkansas that plays defensive end. I'd rather draft a linebacker with our 1st round pick, but we'll see.

Just say no to Garcia

 

Yes, please do...we want him back anyways.

 

Couple of things about the Eagles:

1) They need to sign Stallworth but won't because they don't value WR's

2) They NEED to get rid of Dhani Jones....bowtie wearing freaks arent good LB's

3) If Reid steps down, pro football talk says Gruden's coming back....Hell, i'd even fire Reid for Gruden.

4) Must Keep Garcia.

just got word that Marty Schottenheimer has been fired

 

--espnews confirmation

just got word that Marty Schottenheimer has been fired

 

--espnews confirmation

 

Chargers now have no coaches or coordinators?!

just got word that Marty Schottenheimer has been fired

 

--espnews confirmation

 

dumb. should have fired him earlier.

 

now the chargers have no chance of winning the super bowl.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.