April 22, 200719 yr Miguel Cabrera-3B- Marlins Apr. 22 - 10:08 am et Miguel Cabrera (oblique), who did not start for the second game in a row Saturday, took batting practice in the cage before the game and felt fine. Cabrera said he hopes to return Sunday. He said he hurt the right side of his torso when he swung at a pitch and missed in the first inning of Wednesday's game against the Mets. Source: South Florida Sun-Sentinel Mike Jacobs-1B- Marlins Apr. 22 - 10:00 am et X-rays on Mike Jacobs bruised right thumb were negative, but he was unable to play Saturday and probably won't be in the lineup Sunday, either. He did not take batting practice and was uncertain when he could get back in the lineup. Jacobs said the ball hit his thumb so hard that he immediately looked "to see if my hand was still attached to my arm." Source: Miami Herald Dontrelle Willis-S- Marlins Apr. 22 - 9:59 am et With the Marlins dealing with several injuries, Dontrelle Willis was told by manager Fredi Gonzalez that there was a chance he'd be needed to play the field. "He was ready," said Gonzalez. "You know him. He's probably hoping somebody breaks a leg. He's probably going, 'Somebody pull a [hamstring]. I want to go in.' " Willis is a career .219 hitter with six home runs. Source: Miami Herald :blink:
April 22, 200719 yr That would be very interesting to see. I think he could do it playing CF or even a 1B easily enough. So athletic. I just would be very worried about injuries.
April 22, 200719 yr Yeah, and then Willis could risk injury and our starting rotation would be in even better shape.
April 22, 200719 yr hahahaha, jeez. this team's really messed up. ps. you know they're never going to actually put dontrelle in position. probably just said that to stir things up.
April 22, 200719 yr LoL damn, D-Train is such an athlete. I'm guessing he's following the Babe's footsteps
April 22, 200719 yr hopefully this is all talk, because with all these injuries to our pitching the last thing we need is willis to hurt himself playing at first base.
April 22, 200719 yr D-Train is the missing CF we've been searching for. At least we know he has the arm :lol
April 22, 200719 yr For those who saw the game today... was Cabs grimacing at all after his swings? Even with the monster HR, that injury still worries me a bit.
April 22, 200719 yr I, too, doubt he sees time in the field. I could see him being used as a late-inning pinch hitter, though, due to the injuries shortening our bench.
April 22, 200719 yr I'd guess he was joking, but I did expect him to get an at bat during that extra innings game.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.