Phills at Fish 7:05pm 5/22 at Dolphin Stadium

CTMarlinsfan

courtesy mlb.com

After concluding a 10-game road trip by sinking their teeth into the American League's Devil Rays, the Marlins will head home to host three games each against the Phillies and Mets.

The team went 5-5 on the road swing through Washington (0-3), Pittsburgh (2-2) and Tampa Bay (3-0), and will try to use the latter part of the trip as momentum for success at Dolphin Stadium.

After an off-day Monday, the Marlins will opt for Scott Olsen for Tuesday's start. The left-hander has a 3.37 ERA through his last three starts but no wins in May, as his teammates have scored just four total runs to support him.

Olsen's hoping that trend, as well as another, more painful one, doesn't continue during his next outing. The 23-year-old has been hit, once on each foot, by comebackers in each of the last two starts.

Phillies southpaw Cole Hamels will oppose Olsen.

Hamels has been dominant all season, ringing up 70 batters compared to just 17 walks issued. He hasn't faced the Marlins in 2007, but holds a career 2-1 record and 3.00 ERA in three career starts against them.

Florida is 101-118 all-time against Philadelphia, and 3-3 this year.

Pitching matchup

FLA: LHP Scott Olsen (3-3, 4.80 ERA)

Olsen is 2-4 with a 5.51 ERA in seven career starts against Philadelphia, incuding a 6-4 win on April 8 in which he held the Phillies to three runs on four hits and four walks. Lefties have hit just .223 against him this season.

PHI: LHP Cole Hamels (6-1, 3.30 ERA)

Hamels is 4-0 during May in six career starts. He couldn't have done much better in his last outing, which was perfect through six innings. He fanned 11, scattered two hits, walked one and took the win by force against Milwaukee.

Player to watch

Miguel Cabrera is 4-for-5 in his career against Hamels, with two doubles, two RBIs and four walks.

Tickets

Buy tickets now to catch the game in person.

On the Internet

MLB.TV

Gameday Audio

? Gameday

? Official game notes

On television

? FSN

On radio

? WQAM 560, WQBA 1140 (Espa?ol)

Up next

? Wednesday: Phillies (Freddy Garcia, 1-3, 4.86) at Marlins (Byung-Hyun Kim, 2-2, 7.15), 7:05 p.m. ET

? Thursday: Phillies (Jon Lieber, 2-2, 3.40) at Marlins (Dontrelle Willis, 6-3, 4.86), 7:05 p.m. ET

? Friday: Mets (TBD) at Marlins (TBD), 7:05 p.m. ET

I just got an internship literally 5 mins from DS, so if I get out in time I'll be at the game! If not, I'll be right here!

GO FISH!!!

Scotty hates the Phils. Dominate them.

I don't think we'll be dominating them with Hamels on the hill. Just a guess.

Just a guess but I'm making those comments as a huge fan. We also hit Hamels up last year so he hasn't quite dominated us like the rest of the league. He is 2-1 with a 3.00 ERA and 1.56 WHIP with a .261 BAA vs the Fish.

But then again I forgot it's wrong to be optimistic on these boards. Sorry.

Just a guess but I'm making those comments as a huge fan. We also hit Hamels up last year so he hasn't quite dominated us like the rest of the league. He is 2-1 with a 3.00 ERA and 1.56 WHIP with a .261 BAA vs the Fish.

Benched hasn't heard of optimism.

Benched hasn't heard of optimism.

God forbid :banghead

The pitching matchup certainly favors the Phils, but this is a Marlin/Philly game, you never know what to expect and the Fish are hot right now. Not to mention the Phillies don't have the greatest bullpen. I think both starters get a no decision today and the Marlins pull off the win.

On that note, time to head out to the ballpark.

The pitching matchup certainly favors the Phils, but this is a Marlin/Philly game, you never know what to expect and the Fish are hot right now. Not to mention the Phillies don't have the greatest bullpen. I think both starters get a no decision today and the Marlins pull off the win.

On that note, time to head out to the ballpark.

Scott Olsen is gonna PWN them.

boom, 1-0 Phills on an opposite field solo shot from Werth.

hmmm... on a bit of amateur lip-reading, it looked like Olsen yelled "I *&^ing told you!" Wonder if he tried to shake off that outside pitch from Olivo or something. Not sure.

He left the pitch up though, so the location was blown anyway.

boom, 1-0 Phills on a solo shot from Werth.

hmmm... on a bit of amateur lip-reading, it looked like Olsen yelled "I *&^ing told you!" Wonder if he tried to shake off that outside pitch or something.

He left it up, so the location was probably off anyway.

I missed that. Good catch HC.

Thats the side of Olsen that I'm not a fan of.