Baseball Trip

Flamarlins3

So me and two of my good friends are going to be going on a huge baseball trip in mid-July

Philly, two NYs, Boston, Pitt, Clev, Detroit, two Chicagos, Mil, St Louis, and Cincy

We are debating which we should get tickets ahead of time or if we should get tickets for all of them ahead of time. Obviously Boston, Wrigley, Yankee will all probably need to be bought ahead of time. Does anyone have any advice on the best way to go about this?

Any other general advice. I know a few of you have been on similar trips...

So me and two of my good friends are going to be going on a huge baseball trip in mid-July

Philly, two NYs, Boston, Pitt, Clev, Detroit, two Chicagos, Mil, St Louis, and Cincy

We are debating which we should get tickets ahead of time or if we should get tickets for all of them ahead of time. Obviously Boston, Wrigley, Yankee will all probably need to be bought ahead of time. Does anyone have any advice on the best way to go about this?

Any other general advice. I know a few of you have been on similar trips...

Yankees shouldnt be that hard, depending on who they play. If you check on stubhub you can get bleacher tickets or upper tier for 8 dollars to most games.

Cubs: check out their website, you can still get tickets for some games.

Redsox: the season is sold out so your best best is stubhub, ebay or craigslist.org. I usually do ebay and wait a few weeks before the game when the price drops.

IF cleveland catches fire, you may want to get tickets for the indians in advace. I remember they had that streak of 400 sell outs in a row.

I would consider checking out ebay for all the games you want to go to, and if you get a good deal snap up the tickets, that way you wont have to wait in line to get tickets the day of the game.

Yankees shouldnt be that hard, depending on who they play. If you check on stubhub you can get bleacher tickets or upper tier for 8 dollars to most games.

I will tell you right now, bleacher seats are about 100x better than upper tier and a lot less $. With the upper tier, you are so far removed from the action that you end up with a bunch of people way less into the game and way more into getting a hotdog. In the bleachers, you are REQUIRED to yell and scream and have fun.

I will tell you right now, bleacher seats are about 100x better than upper tier and a lot less $. With the upper tier, you are so far removed from the action that you end up with a bunch of people way less into the game and way more into getting a hotdog. In the bleachers, you are REQUIRED to yell and scream and have fun.

My only thing with the bleachers is that I was told you can't walk around the rest of the stadium...I'd love to be able to walk around Yankee stadium

• 1 month later...

Tickets have been purchased and I leave tomorrow.

Not that anyone cares but here's the schedule:

Cincy @ NY Mets 7/12

STL @ Philly 7/13

White Sox @ Balt 7/14

Toronto @ Red Sox 7/15 (Long drive)

Toronto @ New York 7/16

Colorodo @ Pittsburgh 7/17

White Sox @ Clev 7/18

7/19-Off Day/Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

KC @ Detroit 7/20

San Fran @ Mil 7/21 (come on Bonds get hot)

Arizona @ Cubbies 7/22

Det @ White Sox 7/23

Cubbies @ St Louis 7/24

Mil @ Cincy 7/25

Sucks I don't get to see the fish, 18 teams isn't too bad. A lot of driving, but nothing too extreme. Toughest day is going to be from Philly (Where we are staying after Balt) to Boston for an afternoon game. We may just drive up after the Balt game. We'll see.

I'm taking a ton ton of pictures so I'll try to post the link to the site. Speaking of that. What's the best picture hosting site? I know Photobucket is there, but is that good for albums and stuff?

Guest marlins02

I am green with envy. That's a hell of a trip. Have fun and good luck.

me to, i would give anything to plan a trip like that one day. have fun

That's the plan

and uuuhhh we are in discussions to add one more stop on the trip...Brickyard 400. Granted it would add 4 days to the trip, but to see Indy. Wow...

Funny how this trip came about though. Was talking with my roommate back in March about how I wanted to go to Yankee Stadium before the new stadium was built. And so we decided to make a Northeast trip and it just kept getting bigger and bigger. It really isn't costing that much as the only place we are staying in a hotel is St Louis. We know people in each of the other cities. Plus for a few of the cities (Philly/Pitt/Clev) we knew people with season tickets that were willing to give them to us for a game. We figured we would do this now as we both have the time. I'm going to be starting a real world job soon and he's starting law school in a month so this was probably our last opportunity to do a trip on this scale.

Plus to be in attendance for the Phillies 10,000 loss? Priceless...I'm going to be cheering like no other for St Louis on Fri.

By the way thanks Max for the site. I love it already.

That's the plan

and uuuhhh we are in discussions to add one more stop on the trip...Brickyard 400. Granted it would add 4 days to the trip, but to see Indy. Wow...

Funny how this trip came about though. Was talking with my roommate back in March about how I wanted to go to Yankee Stadium before the new stadium was built. And so we decided to make a Northeast trip and it just kept getting bigger and bigger. It really isn't costing that much as the only place we are staying in a hotel is St Louis. We know people in each of the other cities. Plus for a few of the cities (Philly/Pitt/Clev) we knew people with season tickets that were willing to give them to us for a game. We figured we would do this now as we both have the time. I'm going to be starting a real world job soon and he's starting law school in a month so this was probably our last opportunity to do a trip on this scale.

Plus to be in attendance for the Phillies 10,000 loss? Priceless...I'm going to be cheering like no other for St Louis on Fri.

No problem, however be warned, it's a great site but I believe the amount of pictures you can hold is limited if you use the free version. I believe they give you the full version for free for a month but then it reduces how many pictures you can have.

That's the plan

Definetly add the brickyard. In fact try to add something else near indy. If you have a chance now of doing something vs not doing something... ALWAYS pick doing something.

It will be very hard for you to get all this time off once you start a job. I say add Indy and anything else you can think off. What about swinging threw canada on the way back?