Miguel Olivo

rferry

I'm three rows behind the plate, not only was that a catchable ball, it hit off the top of his glove.

Could the throw have been better? Yeah, but what separates a first baseman and catcher from a net is their ability to catch imperfect throws. If you can't do that, and don't slug in the top 15% of your position, you have no business being in the game for defensive purposes.

Such a title suggests he possesses a skill that he clearly lacks. Let's just call him the back stop for that's where a great number of balls end up bouncing off of before he gets to them.

well since he lacks all these skills, I hope i get the chance to see you try out for catcher next year. maybe you will actually be able to stop balls in the dirt. naaa. come on stop ragging on the guy. seriously.

Ya know, im one to give a player the benefit of a doubt when he gets here. AFAIC, the slate is clean the day he puts on the fish uni.. I might have reservations about a player before he gets here, but as soon as he is here, i try to judge him on his play based here alone, nothing else. So when a Mitre, Julio, Gregg, Kim, Borowski, Leiter, etc, get here, im not going to have any preconcieved notions about him before he performs.. I knew julio was god awful before he got here, but im going to give him a shot before railroading him annonymously... and i did that with Olivo. I thought he did a fine job last year, day in and day out, i thought he did a respectable job, especially when you facotr in the job that those young pittchers did. Miguel caught a lot of history last year. He obviously had his diffencies, but i still thought he did more than we asked of him by a long shot and i was actually impressed.

But man, he has been nothing short of a train wreck this year. Seriously, is it easier to call a strikeout? God i wish there was a miguel ollivo line in vegas. As soon as I see 0-1, im betting the farm on a K.

I think Miguel might be a caveman. I swear all he knows is "Miguel hit first pitch fastball" and "Miguel throw to second". Whatever.... he hates the phillies, he cant be that bad.

If I ever get a chance to catch in the major leagues, I hope to have proven that I can do more than simply throw.

im sorry if i came off kind of rude its just i hate it when people just make fun of other major league baseball players. there obviously good enough to have a starting roll. Yeah i agree olivo hasnt been to well this year but we can only hope he turns it around and finds his swing soon.