May 29, 200719 yr Well to further cement the fact that Kruk is an idiot, last night he said that Prince Fielder is the cleanup hitter and JJ Hardy is the fourth hitter.
May 29, 200719 yr Well to further cement the fact that Kruk is an idiot, last night he said that Prince Fielder is the cleanup hitter and JJ Hardy is the fourth hitter. :notworthy
May 29, 200719 yr good article ... I dotn really care for most of the guys on the show now but then again I havent really watched the show religiously (or randomly for that matter) for a good 2 - 3 years, which could be the reason why I am not watching it and I never put it together.
June 1, 200719 yr yep BT and Sportscenter are unwatchable now, and WTF is up with the blaring music leading up to the highlights on the center? man I yearn for the days of Olbermann and Dan Patrick with a little Bob Lea or Roy Firestone sprinkled in..... seems a long time ago.....
June 1, 200719 yr I used to stay up to watch BT and sportscenter.......then the reruns of it......but now we get to watch Poker, Spelling Bees, and Pool instead.
June 1, 200719 yr I used to stay up to watch BT and sportscenter.......then the reruns of it......but now we get to watch Poker, Spelling Bees, and Pool instead. and still no international soccer worldwide leading in sports my ass :thumbdown
June 1, 200719 yr I used to stay up to watch BT and sportscenter.......then the reruns of it......but now we get to watch Poker, Spelling Bees, and Pool instead. and still no international soccer worldwide leading in sports my ass :thumbdown Do other networks have the contracts for international games? I know Fox Soccer has the Premiership and GOLTV has basically every other European league and some South/Central American leagues. I haven't seen any friendlies on any channel though outside of the US ones being on ESPN/ESPN2. It could be that some obscure channel bought the rights. (By any chance, do you know if the Copa America is going to be on TV in the US? :| ) And back to baseball coverage, the Clemens stuff has made me laugh. I mean, pitch-by-pitch coverage of minor league starts for someone coming into a team that's like 1,000 games out of first place? Granted he's a great, great pitcher, but he'll have plenty of actual major league games to analyze this year. Now that the Yankees are irrelevant for the time being can't we shift focus a bit to teams like the Indians and Brewers? Which I guess leads me to another question...if the Yankees get on a roll and pull back into wild card contention are they going to be covered more? Is that possible?
June 1, 200719 yr I dont really fault ESPN for not covering soccer, at least on the main network and the deuce(ESPNU covers collegiate soccer I think and Deportes covers international soccer I would imagine). Soccer just doesnt have mainstream appeal in this country.
June 1, 200719 yr I dont really fault ESPN for not covering soccer, at least on the main network and the deuce(ESPNU covers collegiate soccer I think and Deportes covers international soccer I would imagine). Soccer just doesnt have mainstream appeal in this country. then dont call it the worldwide leader in sports and im sure that more people would watch soccer than competitions about fishing and bowling and all that other crap they call "sports"
June 1, 200719 yr I doubt that. Besides middle aged moms and children from ages 5-11, who cares about soccer in America. It is big worldwide, but in America it is a small niche audience.
June 4, 200719 yr I doubt that. Besides middle aged moms and children from ages 5-11, who cares about soccer in America. It is big worldwide, but in America it is a small niche audience. I guess all the south americans and europeans in this country dont count as a good percentage of people there is a HUGE audience, they just dont know how to tap into it because it will coincide with other televised programs
June 6, 200719 yr people in the US do NOT care about soccer and thats it!! atho I liked pele and the cosmo;s in the 70s!!! and whats with those ESPN Classic games////from 3 years ago...way to go ESPN...real classic gems there//// what really kills me is the reliance on the meaningless stats and historical references that they bombard you with...like Joe Schmo is the first guy ever to hit for the cycle when he put his left shoe on before his right shoe and just before his jock but 15 other guys put their jock on first and accoplished the same feat...god give those stupid references a rest....along with Chris Berman
June 6, 200719 yr Stupid stats are part of the majesty of baseball. That's not ESPN's doing, it's the sport's. And if you don't think big time soccer games would outdraw the 2005 World Series of Poker viewership wise, I know a Nigerian prince that needs your help.
June 6, 200719 yr Speak for yourself, I love soccer -- both the MLS and EPL. And there are quite a few people here that enjoy it as well.
June 6, 200719 yr Author Stupid stats are part of the majesty of baseball. That's not ESPN's doing, it's the sport's. And if you don't think big time soccer games would outdraw the 2005 World Series of Poker viewership wise, I know a Nigerian prince that needs your help. ...but is the cost ESPN would have to pay for the rights to a mid-day event worth the bump (however much it is reasonably) in viewers versus their normal audience at the same time for programming that they already own? Thats the crux of the situation.
June 6, 200719 yr I dont really fault ESPN for not covering soccer, at least on the main network and the deuce(ESPNU covers collegiate soccer I think and Deportes covers international soccer I would imagine). Soccer just doesnt have mainstream appeal in this country. then dont call it the worldwide leader in sports and im sure that more people would watch soccer than competitions about fishing and bowling and all that other crap they call "sports" If ESPN isn;t the worldwide leader in sports, who is??
June 6, 200719 yr I dont really fault ESPN for not covering soccer, at least on the main network and the deuce(ESPNU covers collegiate soccer I think and Deportes covers international soccer I would imagine). Soccer just doesnt have mainstream appeal in this country. then dont call it the worldwide leader in sports and im sure that more people would watch soccer than competitions about fishing and bowling and all that other crap they call "sports" If ESPN isn;t the worldwide leader in sports, who is?? Bingo Everyone criticizes ESPN, but can anyone name a better sports network?
June 6, 200719 yr Author Better or whatever (opinions) has nothing to do with their title of 'Worldwide Leader In Sports'. Has to do with their viewership, broadcasting rights, etc.
June 6, 200719 yr If ESPN isn;t the worldwide leader in sports, who is?? ... its the american leader in sports :cool
June 6, 200719 yr Stupid stats are part of the majesty of baseball. That's not ESPN's doing, it's the sport's. And if you don't think big time soccer games would outdraw the 2005 World Series of Poker viewership wise, I know a Nigerian prince that needs your help. ...but is the cost ESPN would have to pay for the rights to a mid-day event worth the bump (however much it is reasonably) in viewers versus their normal audience at the same time for programming that they already own? Thats the crux of the situation. Question is, how much does it cost FSW to hold the rights to the EPL? If ESPN could pick that up and air it Saturday/Sunday mornings, I think it'd be a good draw. During football season, have the game of the week on the deuce instead of ESPN or have it play on tape.
June 6, 200719 yr LA is not a baseball city, their fanbase is comprised of mostly casual fans who leave during the 7th inning of games. :lol Oh boy. I don't even know where to start. First, if Dodger fans are known for anything, they are known for getting to the game LATE. Not leaving early. LA traffic is a nightmare. One day on the 405 and you will want to shoot yourself in the face with a Glock. Second, it's very easy to dismiss a city that is 3,000 miles away from us (assuming your on the east coast) as being "not a baseball city". I have some news for you though, it is very much a baseball city (I lived there for 7 years). Dodger tradition and history > Mets baseball
June 7, 200719 yr First, if Dodger fans are known for anything, they are known for getting to the game LATE. Not leaving early. LA traffic is a nightmare. One day on the 405 and you will want to shoot yourself in the face with Glock. very true. the 405 (between lax and the 10) was on gridlock on a SATURDAY!!! we haven't been living in the area for very long and thought that the 405 would be smooth sailing during the weekend, boy was i surprised when we were moving at 2 mph on a saturday afternoon. that's terrible.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.