Met fans

chickenman04

Is it just me or (no offense Admin) are Mets fans the most obnoxious fans in the world? I go to every home game during the summer when I'm not working and every time I go to a game against the Mets it makes me not want to come back. These bandwagon fans arent' even from New York, but I have to listen to their garbage all game. I can't think of a team with more annoying fans. I hate the Mets.

Guest FishFanInPA

Meh, they are a distant second to the Red Sox fans....excluding Fox. Between that awful thick accent and their holier then thou attitude considering their past...their the ones i dispise the most.

I hardly ever deal with Red Sox fans down here. I guess the thing that annoys me the most when the Mets come to town is that their "fans" out number us 3 to 1. I just hate those bandwagoning losers who were cheering for the Yankees or Braves until last season when the Mets became dominant. Seriously, South Florida has the worst fans when it comes to loyalty.

Guest FishFanInPA

Hey, don't knock Red Sox fans, especially New Englanders. They live and die for that team and sell out Fenway 81+ times a year, which is more than we Marlins fans can say.

Yawn....they may be nice people....but it's the annoying thick accented ones and the ones who pulled their shirts out and swore allegiances when they've never seen Fenway or couldn't find boston on a map of massachusetts.

I hardly ever deal with Red Sox fans down here. I guess the thing that annoys me the most when the Mets come to town is that their "fans" out number us 3 to 1. I just hate those bandwagoning losers who were cheering for the Yankees or Braves until last season when the Mets became dominant. Seriously, South Florida has the worst fans when it comes to loyalty.

I think we need to stop pointing fingers at other teams fans, and point it to ourselves. If we start showing up, then the away teams fans cant be as loud or obnoxious.

I agree, unfortunately the ownership of the Marlins haven't given the fans a chance to be loyal. Every time attendance is going up they dismantle the team, rinse and repeat and this is what we have.

Meh, they are a distant second to the Red Sox fans....excluding Fox. Between that awful thick accent and their holier then thou attitude considering their past...their the ones i dispise the most.

I like the red sox, but their fans are just retarded. They have a mostly "woe is me" attitude

whereas mets fans go around swearing they are god's gift to baseball. New York fans are

by far the most annoying fans in every major sport.

I like the red sox, but their fans are just retarded. They have a mostly "woe is me" attitude

whereas mets fans go around swearing they are god's gift to baseball. New York fans are

by far the most annoying fans in every major sport.

Thank you. they are. The city of New York is great, but I can't think of a single team from New York that I don't want to see wiped off the face of the Earth.

In general, I can not stand any of the NE sports fans that have invaded our state. By far, Philly is the worst in any sport. The Jets / Mets combo are loud and obnoxious and have a hate for all things Florida yet they insist on staying here. The Redsox / Patriot fans are annoying too; however, they are new comers thanks to recent success.

Every fanbase has sh*tty fans and not surprisingly fans of one team are generally not going to have nice things to say of fans of their rival. This isn't rocket science.

lol @ assuming someone is a bandwagoner

lol @ someone not being from the team's city being a bandwagoner

lol @ assuming you know where said fan is from at a game

Every fanbase has sh*tty fans and not surprisingly fans of one team are generally not going to have nice things to say of fans of their rival. This isn't rocket science.

lol @ assuming someone is a bandwagoner

lol @ someone not being from the team's city being a bandwagoner

lol @ assuming you know where said fan is from at a game

Exactly, that's just stupid.

lol @ trash talking = bad fans

If you are at a home Marlins game and are crying about how annoying Met fans are, you are missing the point. Why is it that a ton of trash talking Met fans can drown out the home crowd? If I'm a MET, that sound is music to my ears. That sounds like GREAT fans to me. :mischief

If you are at a home Marlins game and are crying about how annoying Met fans are, you are missing the point. Why is it that a ton of trash talking Met fans can drown out the home crowd? If I'm a MET, that sound is music to my ears. That sounds like GREAT fans to me. :mischief

Exactly.

I've been to Yankee stadium a ton of times and during my most recent trip got heckled like crazy.

I didn't cry and bitch, I played to it and had a ton of fun with the people in the section and had two people come up to me after the game and say what a good sport I was. Things like that are why I love the rivalry. It was a blast.

I didn't cry and go, "BANDWAGUHNAS!!!!11"

Sox fans might be annoying as a whole but this freaking guy here cracks me the hell up...

http://townienews.blogspot.com/2007/05/vid...fy-special.html

If there is one thing you can't take away from a Sox fan it's the passion they have for their teams.

Marlin fans had absolutely zero to cheer about though during this series, that is what made the 5,000 met fans sound like they took over Joe Robbie. I really have no problem with trash talking though from opposing fans.

I can shut up most Met fans pretty quickly by bringing up the fact that in 20 less years of existence we have the same amount of World Series titles, a lot more no hitters and there attendance was not great either during the 80's and 90's. It is not like the Met fans are some sort of super fan.

Sox fans might be annoying as a whole but this freaking guy here cracks me the hell up...

If there is one thing you can't take away from a Sox fan it's the passion they have for their teams.

Fitzy is f***ing amazing.

Love that site.

Fitzy is f***ing amazing.

Love that site.

I'm not a diehard fan of any New England sports but how can you not like that guy? His video live from the NFL draft is freakin histerical.

http://townienews.blogspot.com/2007/05/vid...-nfl-draft.html

I'm used to the accent, I dated a chick from Worcester. It's not pretty on a lady. :lol

I love fans that can hold their own and have a sack.

Fitzy could take pretty much anyone on that heckled him or gave him sh*t.

I remember my lone trip to US Cellular field (they were playing my Sox), some Black Sox fan comes up to me (I'm 19 at the time and wearing a Boston jersey) and goes, "Ah. I knew I smelled something" and I go, not missing a beat...

"Yeah, the stench on your mother lingers for a while don't it?"

Heckling/live sh*t talking pwns.

All I'm going to say about "out of towners" is this:

1) If you aren't able to produce a driver's license from the state in which the team you are cheering for plays, you're not allowed to be obnoxious as a fan of the visiting team. Double true if you produce a driver's license from the state in which the game is being played and you are rooting against the home team.

2) If you don't live at least 3 months out of the year in the state in which the team you are cheering plays its home games, yet the state features a professional sports franchise of the same sport...you got some 'splaining to do.

a) The above can be voided if you moved from the state in which the team plays its home games.

3) You have to have attended the homefield of your favorite team at least once to be a "fan" and at least once in the past 5 years if you wish to cheer for them on the road.

4) If you cannot answer a simple question about your team before its national trendiness, you forfeit all rights as a fan even if the above conditions are met. (Point of reference, ask a "Red Sox fan" not from Boston who the Splendid Splinter was...tons of fun 7/10 times).

So there you have it.

As far as down here, Mets fans here are not a fair representation of the New York fans. These people just love being a**holes, up in New York, they're a**holes but keep it slightly intelligent, down here they're just Miami-ricans or New York-ricans who love being obnoxious, plus that occasional wigger who think "queenz fo life."

Cubs fans are terrible, but only when the team is good, I suspect if they're buried when we meet in September it'll just be a docile crowd of people who probably know a thing or two about baseball...still, I take an inordinate amount of pleasure in beating the Cubs just because of the sheer number of Cubs fans.

Red Sox fans are just awful on the road, annoying in Fenway, but there are some real golden oldies there. My cousins live in Boston and have season tickets on the dugout and there are some great people there with some great stories that never get old, but by and large, a whole lot of bad apples spoil that bunch for me.

I completely agree with your rules. I hate people who were born in South Florida and have always lived in South Florida, but their uncle or their great great grandfather was from New York so that makes them New Yorkers. If you weren't born in New York or you don't live in New York, than you aren't a New Yorker. posers.