Miguel Cabrera- our future first baseman?

Hollyberry

Anyone thats heard the Cards FSN crew of Dan McLaughlin and Al Hrabosky would realize there is no competition for worst.

Only time their FSN crew is serviceable is when Joe Buck gets into the action for the 10 or so games a year he does with FSN midwest.

because Tommy Hutton is the be all end all of baseball thoughts

I forgot you are.

If you don't see the way he flings the ball sidearm up there half the time and the way it trails off I don't know what to say.

Didn't say I was

just that Hutton is an idiot

Evidently you don't agree with THut on some things. No need for the name calling tho. At least he isn't trying to make himself sound like the all knowing and putting rumors up on message boards trying to pass them off as facts.

Tommy is in his 11th year with the Marlins (2 WS rings), over 25 years in broadcasting, 17 years as a professional player, and has his own baseball school here in PBC. He is well respected in his community and in his profession. I don't think those things qualify him as an "idiot." Can't say I agree with everything he says but I wouldn't go around calling people names that are evidently more qualified in the sport and in broadcasting than I am. Of course, that's just me.

So what are your qualifications that you make you think you are at a higher level than he is? Because if you don't think that then you are calling yourself even worse than an idiot. Please expalin. We are all waiting to be in awe of your self appointed greatness.

Hutton will critique boneheaded plays depending on who the player is but where his homerism truly stands out is in his never ending whining about the umps. There's nothing wrong with honesty.

Can't argue with Polo's statement here. Of course Tommy will also say "We got away with one that time." But alot of folks don't like Tommy because he constantly complains about the attendance records. People that don't regularly (or even irregularly) go to the games take that kind of personally while they sit at home, 20 minutes from Joe Robbie watching the Marlins and listening to THut bash them on TV.

Of course I would say, "There's nothing wrong with honesty."

I don't care for most national broadcasters (Morgan, Berman, Miller, Buck, McCarver). I'm a huge Bob Costas fan but he hasn't done baseball for awhile.

Wow, so one person says the White Sox are the worst, another among the best. :|

Whoa. Can't believe I was actually agreeing with some of your past few posts. LOL And then this. Costas is the worst, by far, IMO. He generlly goes with the popular opinion and passes it off as his own. This is the guy that severly bashed the Marlins for even being in the play offs in '97. Bashed the even harder when they reached the WS. And then continually bashed MLB for even bringing in expansion teams after our win. And you are a "huge Bob Costas fan???"

I don't care for most national broadcasters (Morgan, Berman, Miller, Buck, McCarver). I'm a huge Bob Costas fan but he hasn't done baseball for awhile.

Whoa. Can't believe I was actually agreeing with some of your past few posts. LOL And then this. Costas is the worst, by far, IMO. He generlly goes with the popular opinion and passes it off as his own. This is the guy that severly bashed the Marlins for even being in the play offs in '97. Bashed the even harder when they reached the WS. And then continually bashed MLB for even bringing in expansion teams after our win. And you are a "huge Bob Costas fan???"

So because Costas bashed the Marlins he is the worst announcer by far?

Thats ridiculous. Costas has a fantastic voice for baseball. He knows when to be subdued, and when to get excited. If were evaluating someones ability to call a game, what does the fact that he was anit-Marlins have to do with it (and your over emphasizing his anti-Marlins stance, he's always been a baseball traditionalist)

The day Bob Costas comes back to the baseball broadcast booth is the day that baseball takes a huge step forward in terms of wiping away the grime that McCarver, Buck and Morgan have built up. (McCarver used to be good back when he was the Mets color guy back in the day).

Thats ridiculous. Costas has a fantastic voice for baseball. He knows when to be subdued, and when to get excited. If were evaluating someones ability to call a game, what does the fact that he was anit-Marlins have to do with it (and your over emphasizing his anti-Marlins stance, he's always been a baseball traditionalist)

The day Bob Costas comes back to the baseball broadcast booth is the day that baseball takes a huge step forward in terms of wiping away the grime that McCarver, Buck and Morgan have built up. (McCarver used to be good back when he was the Mets color guy back in the day).

I'm not a tremendous fan of Costas, but I agree with you. As a national voice, he is/was light years ahead of what the national broadcast booth has devolved to.

Nope on the bashing the Marlins thing. I said I didn't like him because he goes with the general opinion then trys to make it sound like it is his own ideas and everyone is just agreeing with him. The Marlins bashing is simply icing on the cake for me. I just don't like the guy. The day he comes back to the booth is the day I hit mute. I don't watch his HBO show either. It's just my opinion. I'm entitled to it just as you and penguin are entitled yours.

whatever happened to talking about Miguel Cabrera playing first base? :compute

LOL I don't know, but let's move onto trashing Minervini's style. As far as I'm concerned him, Costas and Gary Carter should team together for some winter Alaska baseball, and nothing more.

Some commentators I just can't take. I either turn the station or mute the game If it is one I want to watch.

LOL I don't know, but let's move onto trashing Minervini's style. As far as I'm concerned him, Costas and Gary Carter should team together for some winter Alaska baseball, and nothing more.

Some commentators I just can't take. I either turn the station or mute the game If it is one I want to watch.

If I'm close to the remote control I hit mute as soon as Minervini comes up. They should dump him and put a pretty girl in there.

Nope on the bashing the Marlins thing. I said I didn't like him because he goes with the general opinion then trys to make it sound like it is his own ideas and everyone is just agreeing with him. The Marlins bashing is simply icing on the cake for me. I just don't like the guy. The day he comes back to the booth is the day I hit mute. I don't watch his HBO show either. It's just my opinion. I'm entitled to it just as you and penguin are entitled yours.

There are numerous national announcers who are worse. Joe Morgan, Tim McCarver, Joe Buck, etc are all 100x worse than Costas ever will be. Those guys are idiots.

Morgan really likes himself. And he should, I guess. But the fact that I know that he really likes himself, meaning he really hammers the point home, is why I dont care for him as a broadcaster.

He was admittedly a great player. Doesnt mean I want to hear about it.