Post Game Thoughts: 6/13/07 - Indians@Marlins

GoMarlins2435

Our defense was pathetic, again.

I'd kill for an average defensive 1st baseman.

I'd love to know, since Friday, how many runs we've allowed to score with 2 outs.

Uggla's boneheaded throw and Hermida's iron glove really did us in. After that, the team really just hung its head and went out to get its whooping. That would have never happened under Girardi (sorry, I had to).

The homeplate umpire was the worst I have ever seen, ever.

Hammer's all kinds of bad right now at the plate (great catch in left, though, really is a lot like Conine out there).

I thought it was great to see Hanley keep on hitting, and for Boone to stand up for Tank like he did.

Also, one question, if Gardner just came back up from AAA, and you have your pick of a pretty decent bullpen, why do you go to the one guy who played himself out of a job not much more than 2 weeks previous, in a tight situation.

Finally, whose dog did Matt Lindstrom kick? Can the guy get some consistent work in?

What a sh*tty day! I showed up at around 5:00 to watch BP and of course

it starts pouring and it gets cancelled, then there was this stupid indians

fan who kept talking to us as if he was our friend and I felt like

slapping him, then the ding dongs give up six runs in one

inning thanks to Hermida and Uggla's webgems, and to

top it all off.... the idiot behind homeplate doesn't

know how to count and he throws out tank.

The good thing is that we get another crack at these guys tomorrow night. We split the first two games of the series, which is respectable, now it is time to show these guys that were not going to get backed down in our own park. Its set up perfectly. We are wearing the throwbacks and throwing out our most pride-motivated starter in Dontrelle, who i guarantee will go out there and pitch his best game of the season

The good thing is that we get another crack at these guys tomorrow night. We split the first two games of the series, which is respectable, now it is time to show these guys that were not going to get backed down in our own park. Its set up perfectly. We are wearing the throwbacks and throwing out our most pride-motivated starter in Dontrelle, who i guarantee will go out there and pitch his best game of the season

Hope you're prediction comes true. :thumbup

According to the AP report, this was the first game we loss when Abercrombie lead off.

I'm not saying there's a correlation, I've hated on Abercrombie the whole year.

I thought that was interesting though, so just sayin'.

The whole game changed with the BS warning, tosses, people on the field... everything. The loudest cheer after the first was when the Ump was hit by a pitch.

With all the rain I was kinda glad I had to miss this game. Until the part about an ump having a real bad night gets cheered after being HPB. It may have been worth that long drive home soaking wet.

horrible in a called game, I still wish I could see those cabrera at bats again it sure liked like they hit him.

that kim bunt play home wasnt a typical one either at all, he almost got tossed too.

poor call in the field on the double play they called the guy safe that was out by a few feet.

I just cant wait till Willis tonight plunks one or two of the SOBs since he is not afraid to come inside at all

horrible in a called game, I still wish I could see those cabrera at bats again it sure liked like they hit him.

that kim bunt play home wasnt a typical one either at all, he almost got tossed too.

poor call in the field on the double play they called the guy safe that was out by a few feet.

I just cant wait till Willis tonight plunks one or two of the SOBs since he is not afraid to come inside at all

Nah, if it hit Miggy, there'd have been a hell of a lot more bitching. I did want an ejection though on the Tank precedent of "anything up and in, regardless of situation."

I forgot about the Kim play, Martinez (at least from my vantage point) clearly took a ball in fair territory and brushed it back, and viola, foul ball, strike 3.

And, really, my respect level for Willis would go through the roof if he hits Sizemore (who probably won't play...little bitch) or Martinez in the 1st inning.

I don't know if Lindstrom was available but if he was then why would Fredi unnecessarily use minor league pitchers in such a critical stage of the game?

Because he's clueless?

When's the last time we saw Lindstrom? Saturday? He's 1000000000000000000% available, or he should be DL'd like Owens.

Hermida continues to play RF like Junior Felix. Hammer should tutor him on how to catch fly balls.

I don't know if Lindstrom was available but if he was then why would Fredi unnecessarily use minor league pitchers in such a critical stage of the game?

in all fairness fredi was tossed at that point

Because he's clueless?

When's the last time we saw Lindstrom? Saturday? He's 1000000000000000000% available, or he should be DL'd like Owens.

If he was avaiable then I agree Fredi is clueless. I think he's clueless regardless.

in all fairness fredi was tossed at that point

I'm sure he was still calling the shots.

Hermida continues to play RF like Junior Felix. Hammer should tutor him on how to catch fly balls.

Hammer tutor someone on catching fly balls?? I sure hope this is criticism. Hammer still has a hard time reading the ball off the bat, coming in then going out, running the wrong routes, etc... Occasionally he will look good on a play, but IMO mostly it is a crap shoot.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.