Mark Buehrle

It's a little early for the buyer/seller decision, says Admin Beinfest. A rival general manager had an interesting thought: Maybe the Florida Marlins, who always go against the grain of what others expect them to do, will make a run at Mark Buehrle, if the White Sox place the left-hander on the market. Florida certainly is in the race, standing 5? games out, and as the general manager said, "If they wanted to trade for Buehrle, they certainly would have [the prospects] to do it."

If he's put on the block, a ton of teams go after him, basically creating an auction and putting him at a price higher then he's worth.

He's also making 9.5m this year, so if the Whitesoxs were to eat most of his salary (Which they'd have to if we were to obtain him), it'd raise his price even more.

And he's a free agent after this year, we wouldn't be able to re-sign him, so...no thank you.

I WOULD DO THIS IN A HEARTBEAT!!!!! Only of course under these circumstances:

A. White Sox eat up almost all of his money...

B. We dont have to give up TONS for him... (I'll give up a decent prospect, Reggie :lol ok that was a joke)

But like most of you said already, it would be senseless to give up tons for a rental. No way the guy is here next season... But if we stay in the race and are close I think Mark would be a great addition.. You can NEVER have to much pitching... injuries galore!

He makes so much sense it's crazy.

But that also means we're hell bent on contending this year, and no longer building from within, since I'd assume no less than one of Gaby/Volstad/Thompson is dealt to get him.

To have any hope of winning we need an ace.

So why would we trade for Beurhle? He's not an ace. He's a good pitcher who goes deep into games. He's not a shut down type pitcher. He is what Dontrelle should be.

He makes so much sense it's crazy.

But that also means we're hell bent on contending this year, and no longer building from within, since I'd assume no less than one of Gaby/Volstad/Thompson is dealt to get him.

To have any hope of winning we need an ace.

So why would we trade for Beurhle? He's not an ace. He's a good pitcher who goes deep into games. He's not a shut down type pitcher. He is what Dontrelle should be.

His career average WHIP is superior to any single non-2005 season of Dontrelle.

An ace, to me, doesn't mean a guy who throws 97 and racks up a ton of K's, he just wins games, doesn't ask a lot of his offense and keeps runners off base.

Ok. Mark Buerhle is a nice innings eater. But he's not a stopper, and thats what we need. We have a nice innings eater in Dontrelle.

That WHIP of his is gonna skyrocket once his BABIP comes back down to earth. Buerhle is a guy who pitches to contact, and with out defense, he's gonna be awful.