Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rashard Lewis to the Magic Kingdom

Featured Replies

The Magic will be the 4 seed in the East next year.

 

1. Chicago

2. Detroit

3. Cleveland

4. Orlando

 

Hold me to it.

agreed. Dwight howard getting a guy like Rashard Lewis = Scary

 

Some good looking young teams in the east.

 

I think Milwaukee makes a huge jump next year as well.

so you're happy to being resigned to life over the cap with a team that really has little potential to win a championship?

 

or do you think the lewis/howard combo is really that frightening?

 

But that's missing my point. The team is going to be over the cap anyway. So the choice came down to being a team over the cap with Lewis or a team over the cap without Lewis. Even if we don't sign him, we weren't adding anything to this team. So how exactly did adding Lewis preclude us from doing anything that we could have done if he had not added him?

Grant Hill will never last in that run and gun suns offense....smells like a season where he plays 55-60 games.

I want to see Grant get a ring.

 

Definition of class.

 

A lot of Magic fans were pissed about it and they feel like he owes the team to come back. I used to feel that way, but now I'm just happy that he is moving on. His time in Otown was bad for both sides. That shouldn't mean he has to continue to suffer or be punished for it. He deserves the chance to have a shot at a title or, at the least, make a solid playoff run. Both sides are moving on and putting this period behind them.

hill is a great fit for phoenix - they need a guy who can come off the bench and play smart basketball in a couple of positions while allowing the team to rest up - a lot of times last year phoenix watched 20 point leads vanish due to very poor decision making from the bench

 

phoenix also has a very light practice routine, probably the lightest in the league

 

if anything the style should keep him going - they need 15-20 minutes a night out of him

I can understand that but to be honest, if I were a Magic fan I'd direct more of my anger towards McGrady.

 

I think Hill leaving is best for both parties.

I can understand that but to be honest, if I were a Magic fan I'd direct more of my anger towards McGrady.

 

I think Hill leaving is best for both parties.

 

It was the frustration with not being able to progress in the Tmac years. Those two could have been special. But it wasn't Grant's fault. He really tried his ass off, and he almost died (literally) because of what his body did to him. No matter how mad we were, his loss was greater.

Grant is just one of my favorite basketball players and people ever so I'll admit that what I say about him is totally biased.

 

Probably had one of the best overall college seasons I've seen in my lifetime. His '94 season with Duke was unreal. Duke had no business being in the '94 national championship game but that is how good Grant was. Amazing watching that team over achieve and almsot take down the superior Arkansas team and win the title.

 

Love that guy.

Dissapointed Grant's not coming back? Yeah.

 

Angry at him? Nope, wish him the best of luck. Don't know if you can find another player that loves the game as much as him.

I can understand that but to be honest, if I were a Magic fan I'd direct more of my anger towards McGrady.

 

I think Hill leaving is best for both parties.

I respect Hill, he's definitely a class act, and hope he gets that ring, but his tenure with the club was rough for both him and the team, and I'm kinda glad that period in Magic history is over.

The Magic will be scary once all their young guns come into form Dwight Howard gets better each year, Nelson and Redick playing guard and then Rashad Lewis that is just downright scary. I think its really funny that the heat fans are bashing the magic for being over the cap now but they wanted lewis so bad and would have been in the same situation had they signed him. bottom line is this

 

Nelson

Reddick

Lewis

Turk. Darko

Howard

 

I think at least a 4 seed this season

JJ sucks. He can't play any D or create his own shot.

I'll go ban bet he averages 10 points next year.

 

The 'he can't play any D' is total ass talking.

 

I saw him quite a few times on the package last year and his defense is nowhere near any worse than a lot of NBA players who get extensive PT.

 

He sucked as a college freshman and evolved in to a pretty damn good defender his senior year and was pretty overlooked in that regard.

 

I love the blanket response he gets when he was hurt the entire off-season and in to the regular season and only played in 42 games under a coach who was reluctant to utilize him in a proper scheme with the players they have.

JJ sucks. He can't play any D or create his own shot.

I'll go ban bet he averages 10 points next year.

 

The 'he can't play any D' is total ass talking.

 

I saw him quite a few times on the package last year and his defense is nowhere near any worse than a lot of NBA players who get extensive PT.

 

He sucked as a college freshman and eveolved in to a pretty damn good defender his senior year and was pretty overlooked in that regard.

I'll gladly take that bet. Loser has to buy season 3 of LOST on dvd for the winner.

Um, no I'm not going to buy someone something worth 50 bucks over this.

 

Like I said it's a ban bet.

 

1 month ban for the loser.

Um, no I'm not going to buy someone something worth 50 bucks over this.

 

couldnt really blame him for trying

 

i probably wouldve asked for season tickets to the team of my choice

:lol

 

Fair enough, but I only care about this stuff within the context of the board. Its not gonna interfere or melt in to my actual life.

 

He only has to average 4 points more than last year, I'm extremely confident.

The Magic only finished 4 games behind Miami last year.

 

Yeah, D Wade was gone, and Shaq was out. But Shaq is going to be out 20 games a year, and Miami is only getting worse, while the rest of the East is vastly improving.

 

Consistently, the Magic were a one man team. Now, consistently they'll at least be a 2 man team... and who knows when Jameer and Ariza will really step up.

 

They could win 50 games this year. Miami most definitely will not.

The Magic only finished 4 games behind Miami last year.

 

Yeah, D Wade was gone, and Shaq was out. But Shaq is going to be out 20 games a year, and Miami is only getting worse, while the rest of the East is vastly improving.

 

Consistently, the Magic were a one man team. Now, consistently they'll at least be a 2 man team... and who knows when Jameer and Ariza will really step up.

 

They could win 50 games this year. Miami most definitely will not.

dont be so sure on that...there isnt a coach better in the nba at adjusting to how the nba styles change than pat riley...and he will get the max effort of whoever is on that roster...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.