Amezaga Average Defender in CF?

Eddie Altamonte

This was a comment made through another thread that Amezaga was an average defender. I felt it deserved it's own thread

If he is then...

On how many other teams would Amezaga be the starting CF in the Majors (Not counting the Marlins)

He's a good defender, but offensively I don't know how much he would contribute around the league.

This was a comment made through another thread that Amezaga was an average defender. I felt it deserved it's own thread

If he is then...

On how many other teams would Amezaga be the starting CF in the Majors (Not counting the Marlins)

You could say the same thing about our left fielder, right-fielder, first base, and catcher. That's life in the low-payroll league. But on the bright side, IMO Amezega has looked good this year, and Willy has made some real progress defensively. The book is still out on Hermida, but hopefully he'll have a strong second half on offense and defense.

Average Defensively or Offensively?

I don't know what you mean, but if it's regarding Hermida, his defense has been offensive this year. His offense too defensive for the last 1 1/2 years. But he's still young and has potential. Lots of potential. It would be a big improvement if he simply improved both incrementally. It doesn't have to be anything dramatic. Just some improvement. He'll still have great potential after this year if he can do that.

Average Defensively or Offensively?

I don't know what you mean, but if it's regarding Hermida, his defense has been offensive this year. His offense too defensive for the last 1 1/2 years. But he's still young and has potential. Lots of potential. It would be a big improvement if he simply improved both incrementally. It doesn't have to be anything dramatic. Just some improvement. He'll still have great potential after this year if he can do that.

Woah woah woah. I wasn't talking about Hermida. I was just saying, that out of all the starters on the team, Amezaga has the least amount of errors. I'm saying the reason he is an average player, a bench player, is because of his offense, not his D.

Average Defensively or Offensively? Because I feel he is above average on defense in center.

Now, at the plate, that's why he shouldn't start at center. Even though he is doing better than our regular "starters".

Above average defensively means that he is better than 15 other CFers in the majors I have a hard time considering him average in comparison to other CF in the majors

Guest ShaqandWade323

I honestly think people would have a struggling young center fielder hitting .190 because he has "potential" than a veteran who does his job day in, night out.

Average Defensively or Offensively? Because I feel he is above average on defense in center.

Now, at the plate, that's why he shouldn't start at center. Even though he is doing better than our regular "starters".

Above average defensively means that he is better than 15 other CFers in the majors I have a hard time considering him average in comparison to other CF in the majors

Defensivly?!

Here is a fun little quiz. What do All-Stars Aaron Rowand, Carlos Lee, Matt Holiday, Vladimir Guerrero, Carl Crawford, Alex Rios, Grady Sizemore, Carlos Beltran, and Ken Griffey Jr have in common besides being All-Stars and Outfielders? They have equal to or more errors in the field than Alfredo Amezaga.

I mean, how often do you think to yourself, other than when reading it on this forum, "Man, I wish Amezaga was better in the field, that guy is horrible"??

If he is then...

You could say the same thing about our left fielder, right-fielder, first base, and catcher. That's life in the low-payroll league. But on the bright side, IMO Amezega has looked good this year, and Willy has made some real progress defensively. The book is still out on Hermida, but hopefully he'll have a strong second half on offense and defense.

Hammer hits enough to start for a bunch of teams and his defense is not as bad as you say it is. I agree on the others.

If he is then...

made a topic to prove me wrong because i said amezaga is a average defender in cf?.......... smh......

(just replying because you quoted when i said it and said the same thing as u said in this topic)