Right Field

you mean the answer is his 229 ba? The guy is horrible...

can't we get a penalty box to put these guys in?

2 minutes for stupidity? Or is that a double minor?

The guy sucks man, can't catch or bat I know that we don't have anyone else but thats the truth. What do you want to celebrate his crappy play.

The guy sucks man, can't catch or bat I know that we don't have anyone else but thats the truth. What do you want to celebrate his crappy play.

Nobody is celebrating Hermida right now, but the constant whining and bitching about a young player who IMO is the third most important position player for this teams future is getting old. Hermida is going to be very, very good one day(soon) and all of you people who are constantly complaining about a 23 year old in the majors are going to look foolish when he is putting up a .900+ OPS year in and year out.

If you want to keep looking stupid though, go ahead.

Nobody is celebrating Hermida right now, but the constant whining and bitching about a young player who IMO is the third most important position player for this teams future is getting old. Hermida is going to be very, very good one day(soon) and all of you people who are constantly complaining about a 23 year old in the majors are going to look foolish when he is putting up a .900+ OPS year in and year out.

How am i looking stupid? Just because I give my opinion on a player based on stats and from seeing how the player has peformed from day one. Being young doesn't mean jack sh*t example : Hanley, Cabrera rookie year. Now I don't know what's your mancrush on the guy but you are assuming that the guy will be good. Maybe he will maybe not, but my argument seems more realistic and you are the one looking stupid praising a young player that lacks fundamental baseball.

How am i looking stupid? Just because I give my opinion on a player based on stats and from seeing how the player has peformed from day one. Being young doesn't mean jack sh*t example : Hanley, Cabrera rookie year.

This is the thing people are not understanding. Hanley and Cabrera are once in a lifetime players who are the exception, not the rule. We are spoiled by them and players like Beckett and don't understand what most baseball markets already do - It takes lots of time to develop a baseball player.

Why not a bottomless pit so we don't have to hear them ever again period?

we're the marlins, we can't/won't pay for that

Ramp, serious question. He honestly hasn't shown much so far, so why do you have so much love for this guy? Do you really think his potential is that great? And that it will actually show?

Why not a bottomless pit so we don't have to hear them ever again period?

we're the marlins, we can't/won't pay for that

Ramp, serious question. He honestly hasn't shown much so far, so why do you have so much love for this guy? Do you really think his potential is that great? And that it will actually show?

His minor league pedigree, especially being a youngin in AA and lighting the world on fire there. He has a tremendous swing to go with a near perfect eye. He's going to be Shawn Green/Paul O'Neill in his prime good.

That and he is 23, and has league avg OPS while he is "struggling"

I absolutely love this guy

That's it, 5 minute major it is. Want to go for the game misconduct?

hello all, i have unsuccessfully tried many times before but this is my 1st ever post to this board. i have read the site the past few years and am very happy to finally be able to join in the conversation.

hermida is nauseating in right field. he is never under a ball waiting for it and on occasion he does stuff that should only be reserved for tee ball (as tommy previously noted). how can hermida possibly be allowed to start either of the next two games after doing something like that tonight? oh ya, i guess the answer is joe borchard, todd linden, and eric reed. but make no mistake, HERMIDA BLOWS.

Im sorry you finally figured out how to post.

And I'm sorry you ever figured it out. You don't have to agree with the guy but he does have the right to express his thoughts along with everyone else without somebody bashing him on his very first post. Whether you are joking around with him or not.

No they won't. They'll be the very first to say they always loved this guy. Isn't it the same posters that during ST this year were so high on Borchard they wanted him to be our CFer, saying things like he is the best OFer in our orginazation, and are now the very first to complain about him? Heck, Hanley and Miggy make more errors than anyone else on the team and who do they blame for the majority of them? Jake. Like he is supposed to have some kind of cartoon type glove with Rubber Man arms.

Never saw him in the minors, but did Hermida ever have this much trouble in the field? I don't remember hearing that his defense was a glaring weakness, but obviously he has been struggling pretty bad out there.

Hermida will be just fine. He did earn the walk that eventually led to the game winning run last night...

hello all, i have unsuccessfully tried many times before but this is my 1st ever post to this board. i have read the site the past few years and am very happy to finally be able to join in the conversation.

hermida is nauseating in right field. he is never under a ball waiting for it and on occasion he does stuff that should only be reserved for tee ball (as tommy previously noted). how can hermida possibly be allowed to start either of the next two games after doing something like that tonight? oh ya, i guess the answer is joe borchard, todd linden, and eric reed. but make no mistake, HERMIDA BLOWS.

Im sorry you finally figured out how to post.

His opinion might be wrong, but that is a pretty dickish thing to say to a 1st time poster...at any site.

I agree with you about the other guy being rude but how could his "opinion" be wrong? It's his opinion. I don't think we should yank Hermida for a bad play but his defense hasn't been super.

Hermida's defense has deffinately been frustrating to watch the past couple of years due to errors being on routine plays. Though one of the things I do love about Hermida is that he has a great eye. You know he is going to work the count and make it fall into a hitters count. Sometimes he needs to be a little more agressive but if he can work the walks even when he is struggling that is just fine with me. Hermida gets on base with the walk and that helps out the next guy behind him with a RBI oppurtunity. Though sadly in this case were talking about Olivo hitting behind him.

Are you aware that Hermida is one of the worst hitting RFs in MLB baseball?

Are you aware that Hermida is one of the worst, if not the worst, defensive RF in MLB?

He may turn out to be a good player but as of right now he's a really bad player compared to other MLB RFs.

But I agree with you in that compared to pitchers and catchers he's a damn good hitter... but I don't think that's a relevant comparison.

No they won't. They'll be the very first to say they always loved this guy. Isn't it the same posters that during ST this year were so high on Borchard they wanted him to be our CFer, saying things like he is the best OFer in our orginazation, and are now the very first to complain about him? Heck, Hanley and Miggy make more errors than anyone else on the team and who do they blame for the majority of them? Jake. Like he is supposed to have some kind of cartoon type glove with Rubber Man arms.

I could be wrong but I think most of the "Hermida is a superstar" gang wanted Borchard in CF and wanted Cody cut because Cody struggled in ST and to make it even funnier these experts will tell you ST doesn't count but ST is the reason they wanted Cody cut.

guy is struggling and has an OBP of .320

which happens to be the same exact obp of dan uggla, yet no one bitches about him.

Well right now Uggla is one the better 2B in MLB while Hermida is one of the worst RF in MLB.

There's more to a baseball player than OBP.

:lol :lol :lol

Like what, tons of K's and barely average defense?

guy is struggling and has an OBP of .320

which happens to be the same exact obp of dan uggla, yet no one bitches about him.

Well right now Uggla is one the better 2B in MLB while Hermida is one of the worst RF in MLB.

There's more to a baseball player than OBP.

:lol :lol :lol

Like what, tons of K's and about average defense?

Like a thing called slugging.. have you not heard of it?

After you search the intenet and figure out what this slugging thing is maybe look up where Uggla ranks among 2B. I'll save you the time... he ranks 2nd. I think that's a good thing.

Are you aware that Hermida is one of the worst hitting RFs in MLB baseball?

Are you aware that Hermida is one of the worst, if not the worst, defensive RF in MLB?

He may turn out to be a good player but as of right now he's a really bad player compared to other MLB RFs.

But I agree with you in that compared to pitchers and catchers he's a damn good hitter... but I don't think that's a relevant comparison.

Yea, I have a pretty good grasp on the fact that he is struggling right now. That changes nothing of my opinion that even while he is struggling he is still posting a .730OPS.

No one is arguing that he has been a disappointment, but some are saying that he will NEVER amount to anything. Those people are fools for writing off a 23 year old who is just 2 years removed from being the best prospect in baseball. Some people have absolutely no clue how player development works. They are so damn spoiled by the likes of Hanley and Cabrera. They don't realize that these players come around once every 10 years and the fact that we have two of them is just amazing. But they will learn. Hopefully everyone will learn from Hermida, but they won't. He is gonna get real hot in the very near future and his numbers are going to sky rocket. Everyone will be back on his bandwagon.

Then again, most here have the patience of a 4 year old as seen with the comments on JJ, Vanden Hurk, Olsen, Sanchez, Kim, Reggie, Carroll, etc

I can't wait till Gaby Hernandez gets the call :rolleyes:

You really should just copy and paste that post Ramp so you don't have to keep on typing it out...

Ya he's playing pretty poorly right now, but he will come around. Again. If he is such a problem what is the solution? There is none. He isn't blocking anyone. Just let him work it out. If he's hitting this way July 2008 then we worry, but right now all that matters is that he gets his ABs and starts to turn it around.