What is Loria up to?

Ok maybe nothing but....

French station CKAC reported this morning that Loria has had some talks with Montreal and Quebec officials about possibly relocating the Marlins back to Montreal.

Yes back as from a legal standpoint the team in Florida today is the old Expos franchise similar to how the LA Clippers are actually the orginial Boston Celtics.

Things gave changed here as the broadcast rules allow regional sports stations sucvh as Leafs TV in Toronto.

i will keep my ears out.

You're wrong on the legal standpoint. The Old Expos franchise is the Nationals.

:lol at this rumor.

No they are not.

That is why some of the limited partners in the Expos got World Series rings in 2003.

That is why the Marlins took our spring training home and the Nats got your old dump.

La Presse had a long series of articles on this. It was done partly to speed up the sale of the Red Sox before one of the losing Boston bidders could sue.

I can't see it happening but we learned the hard way what a snake Loria was.

:lol

Why would the Marlins move to Montreal?

Montreal would have to build a downtown stadium. The Provincial and Federal governments are said to be considering funding the stadium in part of the taxes of players. Plus The Quebec government is trying to get a team to return to Quebec City for the LNH.

CKAC is going to interview some Hank Goldberg ( and then translate to French )I guess he is a Marlins beat writer or something

No they are not.

That is why some of the limited partners in the Expos got World Series rings in 2003.

That is why the Marlins took our spring training home and the Nats got your old dump.

La Presse had a long series of articles on this. It was done partly to speed up the sale of the Red Sox before one of the losing Boston bidders could sue.

YES THEY ARE!

The "franchise" that was formerly known as "les Expos" is now the "Washington Nationals".

You are confusing "franchise" with "ownership group."

By your flawed rationale, if the "Expos Franchise" is now in South Florida, then the franchise records would continue down here, so then the career leader in HR for the Marlins would not be Mike Lowell with 143, but Vladimir Guerrero with 234. If the Marlins are now the "Expos" then who are the "Marlins"? Are the Red Sox now the Marlins because John Henry is up there now? If that is the case, then where are the Red Sox?

Do you now see the error of your ways?

Guest Festa

Why would the Marlins move to Montreal?

Montreal would have to build a downtown stadium. The Provincial and Federal governments are said to be considering funding the stadium in part of the taxes of players. Plus The Quebec government is trying to get a team to return to Quebec City for the LNH.

CKAC is going to interview some Hank Goldberg ( and then translate to French )I guess he is a Marlins beat writer or something

The chances of baseball returning to Montreal in major league form are nill.

The park up in Viera is very nice actually.

More than very nice. It's state of the art. Built for the Marlins and the complex is even named after our first president. A great place to watch a game.

This rumor makes almost as much sense as our commish hving it out for the Marlins and hoping for failure here.

La Presse quoted a Marlins executive and top lawyer Lucinda Treat, who explained that no money actually changed hands between Loria and John Henry. MLB actually paid John Henry for the Marlins so he could quickly turn it around and buy Boston.

I sent a email last night to the Expos former PR guru Monique Giroux and she confirms that what was the Expos actually took over the Marlins operation. She tells how Loria took all the Expos computers with him to Miami ( scouting records and such ) and continued spring training at Roger Dean Stadium which the Expos shared with St Louis.

She was offered a job with the Marlins but could not get a visa and the same thing happened when they moved to Washington.

The only Expos official who could get a visa was Claude Delorme who is still with the Marlins.

No they are not.

YES THEY ARE!

The "franchise" that was formerly known as "les Expos" is now the "Washington Nationals".

You are confusing "franchise" with "ownership group."

By your flawed rationale, if the "Expos Franchise" is now in South Florida, then the franchise records would continue down here, so then the career leader in HR for the Marlins would not be Mike Lowell with 143, but Vladimir Guerrero with 234. If the Marlins are now the "Expos" then who are the "Marlins"? Are the Red Sox now the Marlins because John Henry is up there now? If that is the case, then where are the Red Sox?

Do you now see the error of your ways?

Guest Festa

The Expos employees took over the Marlins operation, so what. Last I checked the Expos franchise, logos, players, contracts, affiliates, uniforms, etc. etc etc. all moved to Washington and became the Nationals.

So where are the Red Sox by your reasoning?

The Expos employees took over the Marlins operation, so what. Last I checked the Expos franchise, logos, players, contracts, affiliates, uniforms, etc. etc etc. all moved to Washington and became the Nationals.

It is all simply paperwork. La Presse said it was similar to what happened in the NBA in 1978 when the Buffalo Braves franchise was transferred to Boston and the Celtics went to San Diego. They cited tax laws in the United States.

I know we will never see MLB baseball in Montreal again as long as Selig is around.

People say we were not a good baseball town but the reality is atendance was decent until 1995. The strike and then selloff of our players left the fanbase heartbroken. Stade Olympique was horrible in summer with the dome sealed and no air conditioning.

Don't knock us as a baseball town because we showed more love for baseball than South Florida has up to this point.

It is all simply paperwork. La Presse said it was similar to what happened in the NBA in 1978 when the Buffalo Braves franchise was transferred to Boston and the Celtics went to San Diego. They cited tax laws in the United States.

I know we will never see MLB baseball in Montreal again as long as Selig is around.

People say we were not a good baseball town but the reality is atendance was decent until 1995. The strike and then selloff of our players left the fanbase heartbroken. Stade Olympique was horrible in summer with the dome sealed and no air conditioning.

Don't knock us as a baseball town because we showed more love for baseball than South Florida has up to this point.

That's tremendously dubious reasoning on all counts.

i wont see Marlins move up to Montreal their lost expos for reason i donot think mlb want go back if Loria want team in Montreal he try mlb to gave him new team but not take marlins up their you ((expos 6904 show us were you getting this news from donot take us for fool i know you want team up their!!!!!!!!!!))