Will the real FlummoxedLummox please stand up?

Guest FlummoxedLummox

Guest FlummoxedLummox

My fellow members of the most esteemed web-community, MarlinsBaseball.com:

I have been a member of our little corner of the internet for quite some time. Recently, information has come to light which poses a serious threat to my internet identity. Many of you have come to know me as "that guy with that nonsensical name." Nonetheless, you have come to know ME. And that nonsensical name is MINE. (Actually 'flummoxed' means confused, and 'lummox' refers to a clumsy and stupid person, so it's not completely nonsensical). Someone, however, has tried to steal MY name. And this, friends, is unacceptable.

On an internet website known as livejournal.com, a gentleman who elsewhere purportedly goes by the name of 'Dragon Tiger' has usurped my name and is now calling himself FlummoxedLummox. This moniker is mine and no one else's. I have sent him a message with instructions to evacuate his live journal, and told him that he must close shop and move his tomfoolery elsewhere.

Had he taken my name without knowing I had already adopted it, I could be more understanding. But that is not the case. He openly admits to being aware that another person was using this screen name. Regardless of this information, he nonetheless proceeded to steal my name. Here is a quote where he admits as much in his live journal:

I go by Dragon Tiger on almost every other website I'm on, and here that was taken, so having already been called a lummox the previous weekend, I picked the only other word I could think of that rhymed and checked that. The only other guy I found who went by that particular combination only posted to sports sites, so I used it.

So, friends, I have told you of my conflict. And now I must ask for your help. This doppelganger has assaulted my individuality. He has stolen my identity. There can be only one FlummoxedLummox and there can be no vague lines about this reality. I must strike back, and I must strike back hard. He must know that I mean business, but I am only one man, and one man can only do so much.

Below, I will post a link to the thread where he openly admits to stealing my screen name. I ask each of you to write "You are not the real FlummoxedLummox" in the subject line, then sign your screen name in the body of the message. If you'd like, you may even write a short sentence in support of my situation. With your help I can win this war, but only with your help. Please, members MarlinsBaseball.com, lend a helping hand to one of your own.

Sincerely,

The One and Only FlummoxedLummox

The link: http://flummoxedlummox.livejournal.com/88377.html?mode=reply

P.S. Please respond in the thread if you've helped my situation.

I ask each of you to write "You are not the real FlummoxedLummox" in the subject line, then sign your screen name in the body of the message.

You are not the REAL FlummoxedLummox!

You are a usurper of names; an unscrupulous brigand whose existence is a pox upon the internet. You should be ashamed of yourself. If you had any honor and decency, you would relinquish "your" name to its rightful owner. Tool.

May my message resound from hill to hill - from mountain to mountain - from vallet to vallet - from waffle house to waffle house!

BARBARIC!

Guest FlummoxedLummox

When I searched for FlummoxedLummox in google, this dude's livejournal was everywhere in the results. It's unacceptable!!

Thanks for your help Mabdul, Cape, and Chewy.

Guest FlummoxedLummox

He's screening comments

Yeah. I'm hoping that he still sees the comments. That was the only way I can think of to get in touch with him. Hopefully, if he has a good sense of humor, he'll make them visible.

PS Thanks Rachel, Jets, and Dodge

He's learning that I mean business. This is the first wave, the first battle of what will be a long war.

Guest FlummoxedLummox

Well, folks. My nemesis has disabled anonymous posting. I will return when I have new plan of action. He must abandon this website!