Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Potential Heat - Kings Deal In The Making?

Featured Replies

i love U...love him...wouldnt have won it all without him and his stellar defense on dirk noringski...he plays with the passion as on fire as the sun and he has a nice jumper...but if this rumor does indeed have any truth to it...i wouldnt hesitate to send him packing

 

Is that supposed to be clever?

isnt that his name? or is it just his game?

I love how heat fans complain about health and everyone being injured and then a deal for Bibby comes through and they hate it. I don't like the deal either because I think Haslem is one of the most underated players he can hit a jumper get rebounds and play good d. In a trade you have to give something up in order to get a good Point guard which is a need on the heat. However trading haslem opens up a big hole at PF.

 

 

How is Haslem underrated? I love the guy, but I think at this point he is overrated by us Heat fans at this time. He is simply a solid PF with very little to no upside to his game. We could get a ton of guys to do his job, and I have to leave now but I guarantee I can name 15 starting PFs who are without question better than him and another 5-10 that you can argue are better.

 

I can't do that with a Mike Bibby, he is a top 15 PG in the league at a position we badly need. With Shaq you don't need a great PF. Haslem is easily replaceable.

i agree with you 100% Haslem does a good job but there are 50 others guys out there that could do what he does....

Getting Bibby makes us better right away and getting Abdur Rahim cancels out Haslem...

There are definitely guys that are better than Haslem but you know the heat don't want to part with the home town hero. I'd like to know what his contract is like compared to other PF. If the Heat need a pg that bad they should get bibby. He can pass inside to shaq and shoot the three.

I think the deal is one you have to make. I've always felt Simien was a better longterm option at PF than Haslem anyways, and Bibby is the best PG available by a long shot.

 

I kinda had my heart set out on Artest I guess.

According to the Herald....

 

Word is the Heat is intent on making another push to acquire Ron Artest, trying to entice Sacramento with Udonis Haslem and others. . . . Pat Riley noted last week that in ratings he uses, Dorell Wright was fourth in the NBA among backup shooting guards and small forwards. But when Riley said ''this could be [Wright's] breakout year,'' it came with the usual caveat -- ''as long as he doesn't have anybody in front of him that's always giving me a chance to make a decision to play somebody ahead of him.'' . . . Riley said he likes the idea of using Dwyane Wade, Jason Williams and Smush Parker together at times.

 

 

 

Very interesting to see if the Heat can go out and get a player like Artest who would without a doubt plug a lot of holes on this team.

Wright's breakout year is every year according to Pat. sh*t or get off the pot, Riley.

Riley said he likes the idea of using Dwyane Wade, Jason Williams and Smush Parker together at times.

The rest of the NBA likes that idea too, Pat.

Riley said he likes the idea of using Dwyane Wade at times.

The rest of the NBA likes that idea too, Pat.

Fixed.

Wright's breakout year is every year according to Pat. sh*t or get off the pot, Riley.

 

I don't blame the kid... Riley is the one who doesn't give him chance to flourish. Let the kid start Pat. I better not hear that you trying to lure another 40 year old Veterean out retirement and regulate Wright even more to the bench...

I trust Riley more than any other coach in the NBA, so if he wants to play those three together...so be it.

but but but but but but isnt foxy always right?

I trust Riley more than any other coach in the NBA, so if he wants to play those three together...so be it.

but but but but but but isnt foxy always right?

 

No, you just have an impressive streak of being wrong.

I trust Riley more than any other coach in the NBA, so if he wants to play those three together...so be it.

but but but but but but isnt foxy always right?

 

No, you just have an impressive streak of being wrong.

whatever you say bobbo, i humbly bow to you and your ability to always be right

Only a complete homer would advocate the idea of playing a line of 6'1, 6'4, 6'4 with Smush Parker being anything other then a point guard. Like I said though, by all means Riley, please do it for extended minutes.

Only a complete homer would advocate the idea of playing a line of 6'1, 6'4, 6'4 with Smush Parker being anything other then a point guard. Like I said though, by all means Riley, please do it for extended minutes.

Riley did do it a couple of times with Payton, Williams and Wade the last couple of years.

I trust Riley more than any other coach in the NBA, so if he wants to play those three together...so be it.

but but but but but but isnt foxy always right?

lol

 

Smush Parker is awful. Playing him with anyone is a bad idea.

 

So who is going to guard the 3 with that lineup? Wade?

Only a complete homer would advocate the idea of playing a line of 6'1, 6'4, 6'4 with Smush Parker being anything other then a point guard. Like I said though, by all means Riley, please do it for extended minutes.

Riley did do it a couple of times with Payton, Williams and Wade the last couple of years.

Payton is STILL a much better player then Parker.

Only a complete homer would advocate the idea of playing a line of 6'1, 6'4, 6'4 with Smush Parker being anything other then a point guard. Like I said though, by all means Riley, please do it for extended minutes.

 

 

The league is moving toward more and more small ball. I have no problem with Riley putting out that lineup for a few minutes if he needs some instant offense. Smush Parker doesn't have to be on the ball, he is comfortable at the 2.

 

Teams use a 3 guard system for extended minutes all the time, and when you have 2 combo guards in the system...even better. I have no problem with it and if Riley thinks it is a good idea based on what he sees in practice, I am sure it is. I don't see what the big deal is. In Riley we trust.

Only a complete homer would advocate the idea of playing a line of 6'1, 6'4, 6'4 with Smush Parker being anything other then a point guard. Like I said though, by all means Riley, please do it for extended minutes.

Riley did do it a couple of times with Payton, Williams and Wade the last couple of years.

Payton is STILL a much better player then Parker.

Payton's been pretty meh the last few years. But im not arguing who's better just pointing out that he's done it before and I agree with Foxy if they are used together fo extended minutes the Heat are in trouble.

Smush is a combo guard, I don't have a problem going small.

 

I mean, assuming Posey doesn't come back and the team breaks as is, I'd rather see Smush get 6th man minutes over Antoine. If this is how it has to be, so be it.

  • Author

With the latest development involving the Miami Heat now wanting to pursue Ron Artest, I went on the ESPN Trade Machine and put together a possible trade offer the Heat could send to the Sacramento Kings. It was a successful scenario in terms of the salary cap rules. The link is http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/trad...p;te=&cash=.

 

Here are the details of the trade for those who do not wish to access the link.

Miami Heat Gets:

PG Mike Bibby

F Ron Artest

PF Shareef Abdur-Rahim

 

Sacramento Kings Gets:

PF Udonis Haslem

PG Jason Williams

SF Antoine Walker

SF Dorrell Wright

C Michael Doleac

1st round draft pick

 

What do you all think about that trade?

The trade actually isn't as bad as it looks. We get what we want, Sacramento gets a lot younger, and gets a lot of expiring contracts. Still, that trade would never happen.

Only a complete homer would advocate the idea of playing a line of 6'1, 6'4, 6'4 with Smush Parker being anything other then a point guard. Like I said though, by all means Riley, please do it for extended minutes.

Riley did do it a couple of times with Payton, Williams and Wade the last couple of years.

Payton is STILL a much better player then Parker.

 

That's pushing it.

With the latest development involving the Miami Heat now wanting to pursue Ron Artest, I went on the ESPN Trade Machine and put together a possible trade offer the Heat could send to the Sacramento Kings. It was a successful scenario in terms of the salary cap rules. The link is http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/trad...p;te=&cash=.

 

Here are the details of the trade for those who do not wish to access the link.

Miami Heat Gets:

PG Mike Bibby

F Ron Artest

PF Shareef Abdur-Rahim

 

Sacramento Kings Gets:

PF Udonis Haslem

PG Jason Williams

SF Antoine Walker

SF Dorrell Wright

C Michael Doleac

1st round draft pick

 

What do you all think about that trade?

 

Bibby...Parker

 

Wade...Hardaway

 

Ron Artest

 

Shareef Abdur-Raheem

 

Shaquille O'Neal...Alonzo Mourning

 

Throw in Posey/Pietrus at the 3 and you probably have the best team in the East, when healthy

With the latest development involving the Miami Heat now wanting to pursue Ron Artest, I went on the ESPN Trade Machine and put together a possible trade offer the Heat could send to the Sacramento Kings. It was a successful scenario in terms of the salary cap rules. The link is http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/trad...p;te=&cash=.

 

Here are the details of the trade for those who do not wish to access the link.

Miami Heat Gets:

PG Mike Bibby

F Ron Artest

PF Shareef Abdur-Rahim

 

Sacramento Kings Gets:

PF Udonis Haslem

PG Jason Williams

SF Antoine Walker

SF Dorrell Wright

C Michael Doleac

1st round draft pick

 

What do you all think about that trade?

 

Bibby...Parker

 

Wade...Hardaway

 

Ron Artest

 

Shareef Abdur-Raheem

 

Shaquille O'Neal...Alonzo Mourning

 

Throw in Posey/Pietrus at the 3 and you probably have the best team in the East, when healthy

Fortunately for the rest of the East this isn't NBA 2k7. The Kings aren't doing the original deal what makes you think they would want to give up Artest for Dorrel Wright and Antoine Walker. The Kings don't want both Antoine Walker and Jason Williams contracts. Even if this deal were to magically go through the heat wouldn't be able to get pietrus or keep Posey. They can't keep Posey to begin with and the trade doesn't address the heats real problem youth. They are a older team and aren't getting any younger. No draft picks in this years draft, giving up a number 1 for next year and trading away a young 1st round pick isn't building for the future.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.