Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Potential Heat - Kings Deal In The Making?

Featured Replies

It has been a long time since I last posted. Been focusing on my college studies.

 

Back to my topic, according to the Miami Herald only three days or so ago and realgm.com, the Sacramento Kings are talking with the Miami Heat regarding a possible blockbuster trade. Based upon the reports, the proposed deal would send PG Mike Bibby and either PF Kenny Thomas or PF Shareef Abdur Rahim to the Miami Heat in exchange for PG Jason Williams, PF Udonis Haslem, a filler contract like C Michael Doleac, and a draft pick or two. It would be a great deal for both sides as Miami would finally get a top point guard that would really promote Dwayne Wade's game and Sacramento gets a solid power forward that would be a great complement to Brad Miller and expiring contracts that would allow them to get some cap relief for the 2008 offseason.

 

I want to get your thoughts on this possible trade.

No! Bibby is old and washed up!

 

 

(prepared for the backlash of my comments)

What about Artest?

I like a Bibby and Artest package better.

 

 

Try it once Fantasy Basketball starts. It's not happening in the NBA. Not with the lack of pieces the Heat have to offer.

I'm pretty surprised people are negative to this.

 

Bibby had a line of 17 and 5 last year and played in all 82 games. He is 29 and had a 14.60 efficiency rating.

 

Williams had a line of 6 and 4 last year and played in 62 games. He is 32 and had a 6.50 efficiency rating.

 

I never understood the infatuation with a guy like Haslem. For a guy whose job it is to primarily rebound and clean up mess and translate it in to some buckets he does those things at a pretty average rate. He has a 10 ppg and 8 rpg average for his career and his numbers are stagnant.

 

Thomas or Abdur Rahim aren't much but for such a significant upgrade at point guard it's well worth the 'cost' of a Haslem.

 

I'm not looking at the money and if the deals are outrageous either way let me know but from a player standpoint I'd do this in a second if I were the Heat.

i love U...love him...wouldnt have won it all without him and his stellar defense on dirk noringski...he plays with the passion as on fire as the sun and he has a nice jumper...but if this rumor does indeed have any truth to it...i wouldnt hesitate to send him packing

i love U...love him...wouldnt have won it all without him and his stellar defense on dirk noringski...he plays with the passion as on fire as the sun and he has a nice jumper...but if this rumor does indeed have any truth to it...i wouldnt hesitate to send him packing

 

Is that supposed to be clever?

Yea guys, since when is a 29 year old PG washed up? Jason Williams is older, injury proned, and not as good even if both are in their prime and healthy. Also, we overrate Udonis Haslem on this team. He is a bottom tier starting PF in this league, there are a ton of guys(included Shareef) out there who could do what he does. So yea, I think this would be a very solid move for the Heat.

I dont think JWill is the answer, and neither is Bibby

I dont think JWill is the answer, and neither is Bibby

 

 

Well then who exactly do you want as the answer that is better than Bibby? Don't go all Democrat on us.

Bibby, Wade, Wright, Shareef, Shaq

Smush, Penny, Walker, Mourning

 

A solid team...throw in a potential pietrus or james posey and we will contend

Bibby would be a huge upgrade over J-Will. He's never injured, can shoot, is clutch, and can form a dance team with Antoine Walker. I wouldn't mind getting him and Shareef if we have to give up Haslem. That team is solid.

rather move walker and rather see artest then bibby (he likes to shoot alot but great from the outside so works for triangle or our game too), not against it but be interesting to see how it would work out

Ofcourse everyone would rather have Toine traded than UD but reality is that no one wants Toine. I rather have Artest too but Bibby is a top tier PG in the NBA and JWill just isnt anymore.

I love how heat fans complain about health and everyone being injured and then a deal for Bibby comes through and they hate it. I don't like the deal either because I think Haslem is one of the most underated players he can hit a jumper get rebounds and play good d. In a trade you have to give something up in order to get a good Point guard which is a need on the heat. However trading haslem opens up a big hole at PF.

I love how heat fans complain about health and everyone being injured and then a deal for Bibby comes through and they hate it. I don't like the deal either because I think Haslem is one of the most underated players he can hit a jumper get rebounds and play good d. In a trade you have to give something up in order to get a good Point guard which is a need on the heat. However trading haslem opens up a big hole at PF.

I dont think if we also got Shareef Abdur Raheem in the deal that it would be a downgrade at PF.

I love how heat fans complain about health and everyone being injured and then a deal for Bibby comes through and they hate it. I don't like the deal either because I think Haslem is one of the most underated players he can hit a jumper get rebounds and play good d. In a trade you have to give something up in order to get a good Point guard which is a need on the heat. However trading haslem opens up a big hole at PF.

 

 

How is Haslem underrated? I love the guy, but I think at this point he is overrated by us Heat fans at this time. He is simply a solid PF with very little to no upside to his game. We could get a ton of guys to do his job, and I have to leave now but I guarantee I can name 15 starting PFs who are without question better than him and another 5-10 that you can argue are better.

 

I can't do that with a Mike Bibby, he is a top 15 PG in the league at a position we badly need. With Shaq you don't need a great PF. Haslem is easily replaceable.

I love how heat fans complain about health and everyone being injured and then a deal for Bibby comes through and they hate it. I don't like the deal either because I think Haslem is one of the most underated players he can hit a jumper get rebounds and play good d. In a trade you have to give something up in order to get a good Point guard which is a need on the heat. However trading haslem opens up a big hole at PF.

 

 

How is Haslem underrated? I love the guy, but I think at this point he is overrated by us Heat fans at this time. He is simply a solid PF with very little to no upside to his game. We could get a ton of guys to do his job, and I have to leave now but I guarantee I can name 15 starting PFs who are without question better than him and another 5-10 that you can argue are better.

 

I can't do that with a Mike Bibby, he is a top 15 PG in the league at a position we badly need. With Shaq you don't need a great PF. Haslem is easily replaceable.

i agree with you 100% Haslem does a good job but there are 50 others guys out there that could do what he does....

Getting Bibby makes us better right away and getting Abdur Rahim cancels out Haslem...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.