Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Conine's Last Home Game

Featured Replies

I have no doubt this is NOT a Clemens type of retirement. 9er is a stand up guy and if he says something then I tend to believe him. I also like the non-descript (for lack of a better term) way he announced it. Total class. And once the Mets season is over and 9ers days in the hated orange and blue hats are a thing of the past I will end my personal boycott of his eating establishment.

 

I kinda doubt he starts. It would be a nice "token" to the few South Florida fans that will be at the game Sunday, but they are in a race. Maybe if it is a blow out by either team he makes an appearance. Maybe. Hopefully. If he does... when he is announced my wife and I will be giving him a standing ovation and be encouraging all around us to do the same.

It's just a shame he won't be retiring in a Marlins jersey. Great guy, great player, lets up the fans give him the respect he deserves if he comes to the plate.

i think he will be back as a marlin in some capacity next year

How about as Minor League Manager with one eye on Fredi?

Conine is all class what a standup guy! I will miss him as a player and I too regret that he is not retiring as a Marlin

i think he will be back as a marlin in some capacity next year

How about as Minor League Manager with one eye on Fredi?

Conine is all class what a standup guy! I will miss him as a player and I too regret that he is not retiring as a Marlin

 

That would be awesome. Its a shame he is ending his career out of a Marlins uni. But everything about the Marlins this season is shameful. :confused

i think he will be back as a marlin in some capacity next year

How about as Minor League Manager with one eye on Fredi?

Conine is all class what a standup guy! I will miss him as a player and I too regret that he is not retiring as a Marlin

 

 

He's said in the past he doesn't want to coach and manage.

9er is a stand up guy and if he says something then I tend to believe him. I also like the non-descript (for lack of a better term) way he announced it.

Just like when Conine bash the Marlins when he left.

After what he said on his way out, I simply respect Conine for what he has done, I no longer feel he is the ambassador of our franchise.

 

Castillo deserves the retirement treatment, Conine had the opportunity, slapped it away and then went to a "winner" in Baltimore.

I was unhappy with the way he chose to leave the Marlins but that's behind us and I'll somewhat begrudgingly give him a standing ovation today because regardless of everything else, it's the right thing to do. It's a rationalization but I think you go back to 1993 and 1997 and 2003 you have to say "thanks". In a perfect world things might have been different but nothing is ever perfect.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.