Season Ticket Holders...

Fish4Life

I renewed back in September before the season had even ended. Did the five-installments thing for my two seats out in 126...

As far as waiting to see what happens with the team before renewing - can you possibly feed into the Miami-fan stereotype any more?! The Marlins have been my team since 1993 when I was 8 years old. I've laughed with them, cried with them, celebrated with them and have been heart-broken by them, but I'm still here and I will continue to be here. Miguel Cabrera is not the Florida Marlins. Dontrelle Willis is not the Florida Marlins. Sure I love having those guys on my team, but my team is the Florida Marlins and I'm going to go out there and support them whether we win or lose or whether we have a great team, a good team or a sorry excuse for a team.

When I say "Go Marlins!" I don't mean, "Go Marlins - but only if we have the players that I want to have on the team!" Regardless of how cheap Loria may be, the stadium deal still has a lot to do with who the team can pay and who they unfortunately have to deal away. That's life. That's baseball in 2007...

It's precisely because most fans in Miami don't give a damn unless the team is winning that payroll has to be kept manageable. Maybe if the Marlins saw that they have fans who will stick with them through thick and thin they'd be willing to stretch some contracts and keep some players.

Go renew your tickets and show your team that you're not just another typical Miami fan... Be a FAN, not an investor.

I renewed back in September before the season had even ended. Did the five-installments thing for my two seats out in 126...

As far as waiting to see what happens with the team before renewing - can you possibly feed into the Miami-fan stereotype any more?! The Marlins have been my team since 1993 when I was 8 years old. I've laughed with them, cried with them, celebrated with them and have been heart-broken by them, but I'm still here and I will continue to be here. Miguel Cabrera is not the Florida Marlins. Dontrelle Willis is not the Florida Marlins. Sure I love having those guys on my team, but my team is the Florida Marlins and I'm going to go out there and support them whether we win or lose or whether we have a great team, a good team or a sorry excuse for a team.

When I say "Go Marlins!" I don't mean, "Go Marlins - but only if we have the players that I want to have on the team!" Regardless of how cheap Loria may be, the stadium deal still has a lot to do with who the team can pay and who they unfortunately have to deal away. That's life. That's baseball in 2007...

It's precisely because most fans in Miami don't give a damn unless the team is winning that payroll has to be kept manageable. Maybe if the Marlins saw that they have fans who will stick with them through thick and thin they'd be willing to stretch some contracts and keep some players.

Go renew your tickets and show your team that you're not just another typical Miami fan... Be a FAN, not an investor.

Sorry, I've given my hard earned money to this team since the mid 90's. At this time with my current financial situation and the fact I have a bitter taste in my mouth from the moves this FO makes, I have every right to not renew until I see what happens.

Let me ask you a question, friend.

Do you buy season tickets to watch a company assemble a hedge fund? Do you root for Goldman Sachs, Bear Stearns, or Moors & Cabot?

That wasn beautiful, i almost shed a tear... But yea this team has not showed me loyalty so why should i...they have screwed with us so many times, played with our hearts and lyed to our faces... that's why i'm not renewing my tickets until i see some sh*t done around here... Loria is sitting back having pina colada's collecting money for nothing, if he cared about you and me we would have had a stadium by now instead of filling up his piggy bank.... Your seeing right now, how they hell could u let a guy like Cabrera get away, players like this dont come around to often, specially around here... stop being a cheapass and keep Cabrera show us that u care a little to try to keep us around... till then F*uck you....

Guest Night Phantom

As soon as the team starts acting like a baseball club instead of a poorly run business, then sure.

I don't follow the whole hedge fund thing but I buy season tickets to watch the team that I love play the game that I love.

Sorry if that sounded like a personal attack, Jon, but I can assure you it wasn't. More like a venting on my part. I'm just tired of the bandwagon attitude when it comes to this team or any other team in the Miami area. Your quote was fresh in my mind and I ended up writing it down, but I wasn't directing that at you or anyone in particular.

Holding back on renewing for money reasons is absolutely understandable... holding back to see what players are on the team is what gets me. No one likes false loyalty...

Some people have a limited budget, if they feel the product doesn't match the price, who is anyone here to criticize them for that? I don't blame anyone at all for not renewing considering how this ownership has treated fans.

Personally, I'd rather spend my money on Panthers or Heat season tickets.

I don't follow the whole hedge fund thing but I buy season tickets to watch the team that I love play the game that I love.

Sorry if that sounded like a personal attack, Jon, but I can assure you it wasn't. More like a venting on my part. I'm just tired of the bandwagon attitude when it comes to this team or any other team in the Miami area. Your quote was fresh in my mind and I ended up writing it down, but I wasn't directing that at you or anyone in particular.

Holding back on renewing for money reasons is absolutely understandable... holding back to see what players are on the team is what gets me. No one likes false loyalty...

I wasn't offended don't sweat it. It's really a combo deal for me. I have the money but I could and should use it for a much better purpose. After years and years of pumping dollars into the Marlins Paper Shredder I am finally at a point in my life where paying for a quality product is more justification of spending my money than just being a fan. I love the Marlins. Always have and always will. I will still go to games, I just can't invest in a whole season. Perhaps a small ticket package will come along that I will be interested in.

I feel bad as a die hard fan saying that but it is what it is. Hell, I don't buy shoes when the sole is coming off the bottom.

That wasn beautiful, i almost shed a tear... But yea this team has not showed me loyalty so why should i...they have screwed with us so many times, played with our hearts and lyed to our faces... that's why i'm not renewing my tickets until i see some sh*t done around here... Loria is sitting back having pina colada's collecting money for nothing, if he cared about you and me we would have had a stadium by now instead of filling up his piggy bank.... Your seeing right now, how they hell could u let a guy like Cabrera get away, players like this dont come around to often, specially around here... stop being a cheapass and keep Cabrera show us that u care a little to try to keep us around... till then F*uck you....

If Miami fans were actually fans, we would have had a ballpark in Bicentennial Park 10 years ago when the vote was put before the people. But everyone opted to save the park for the homeless. And now marvelous Museum Park is getting downgraded too...

What could have been, what could have been...

Just remember it was Huizenga who screwed us over and continue to do so... Henry and Loria just inherited the mess he left behind... and have done a pretty fine job putting it back together. Now it's the fans' turn to respond by getting out to the ballpark.

As soon as the team starts acting like a baseball club instead of a poorly run business, then sure.

Exactly.

I also agree that loyalty should be reciprocal. If fans are going to show a team loyalty, then the team should be showing the fans something. Most teams do, but not this one.

Guest Night Phantom

You're not speaking to the riff raff and the rank and file here. No bandwagoners come and regularly post on marlinsbaseball.com. Don't kid yourself.

What you are doing is insulting the intelligence of posters who have followed the team since their youth just because you feel that blind loyalty to a franchise is ok even if it seems like it's doing everything in its power to kick you away. Not all of us can bring ourselves to have a big group hug in Spring Training after an offseason of torture and adversity as we watch our team cry poor once again and posture for a stadium that isn't getting built. We did that for a long time, but that ability is quickly fading. There's absolutely no reason to criticize people for waiting to see if Miguel, Dontrelle, or anyone else is on the team. Because in the long run.....what's the point?

You root for the name on the front, not the back. Any of the older posters here will tell you that's my rallying cry. But the name on the front isn't just a name. It's a symbol - and if that symbol has nothing positive behind it, then the doubts clouding your head are all warranted. And you know what? It gets really tired really quickly having to drop another $100 on a new jersey every 12-18 months because the guy you liked before is wearing a different uniform. Reeeeeeeal old, real fast.

Don't you dare come here and criticize fans who have been through two firesales, three owners, a crappy stadium, a revolving door for players, bad weather, horrific endings to recent seasons, constant hot kettle reports where all the hot commodities wear teal, and a lack of respect for the fan base for a decade for starting to have doubts. Marlin fans are among the most thick skinned in all of sports, and the fact of the matter is that anyone who can sit through this situation deserves at least the respect to be able to make their own decisions about support without people attacking them for no tangible reason. Get off your high horse.

Guess I hit a nerve there, huh??

Like I said, I'm not addressing anyone in particular. I've been through all the same crap you have been through in the 16 years this team has been around.

I didn't criticize anyone for not renewing due to financial reasons. I'm not criticizing anyone on this board or on this website... just venting my frustration with the people of this city.

My apologies...