PS3 or Xbox 360?

JetsMania

I am looking to get one of the two. Does anyone have either or both and can tell me which is better? (Please keep all Wii dicussion out of this, as I am not interested in getting one).

I'vd had playstaions (1 and 2) in the past so I am used to the control and games. However xbox is 100 cheaper and has better online play. Is one better than the other?

Thats true. However I heard that the 40 gb ps3 (the $399 one) doesnt play ps2 games, is that true?

Let me also say this. The games I usually play are Madden, NCAA football, GTA, Guitar hero and then I'll just buy a game here and there that looks good. Halo 3 and Assasins Creed both come to mind. Also factor in that I would want to play people online.

Thats true. However I heard that the 40 gb ps3 (the $399 one) doesnt play ps2 games, is that true?

Let me also say this. The games I usually play are Madden, NCAA football, GTA, Guitar hero and then I'll just buy a game here and there that looks good. Halo 3 and Assasins Creed both come to mind. Also factor in that I would want to play people online.

Yeah that is correct. In order to cut the cost of the PS3, Sony went ahead and cut a couple of features from the 40GB version of the PS3. Stating that backwards compatibility isn't important...

If you want to play all of those and have a great online experience, the only way to go is 360 and its Xbox Live service. PSN can't even begin to compare.

Guest Miggy is Great

The Ps3 hasnt failed me yet. But its up to you.

And if this has any consequence in your decision, PS3 online is free. No monthly Payments or stuff

Do you want a video game system that actually has good, um, you know, video games? Or would you rather have a video game console that that is a cheap Hi-Def format player?

Get the 360 and enjoy playing games rather than reciting stats about the power of the console. Then again, I'll probably get a PS3 in about a 12-18 months when Gran Turismo 5 comes out.

The 360 is perfect for Christmas.

Because that's how all 360's end up.

I have at least 10 friends with the system and nobody has had the red light issue.

:rolleyes:

Perhaps, my roommate got a Halo 3 edition 360 not too long ago and he just got a new one in the mail from Microsoft since his original one lasted a couple days before it died.

The 360 is perfect for Christmas.

Hello new avatar... also, never had a problem with red rings, and really, it doesn't seem like I will... they (Gameinformer) said that more than half (could be all) of all Halo 3 discs were scratched in the cases, and mine was pristine, so I think some of this Xboxpocalypse seems overplayed. Also, as far as ubuntu on a PS3, if you have a computer, it's not really needed and just a neat little thing you can do