Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2008 payroll

Featured Replies

Club Controlled

 

C - Rabelo

1B - Jacobs

2B - Uggla

SS - Hanley

LF - Hammer

CF - Maybin

RF - Hermida

Reserves - Cody, Carroll

SP - Miller, Olsen, Nolasco, Vanden Hurk (or insert Volstad, Gaby, whatever)

RP - Lindstrom, Pinto, Tank, Miller, Gardner, Kensing, C. Martinez (omitting Gregg on purpose because I believe they will move him)

 

Arbitration

C - Treaner

Reserves - Amezaga

Pitchers - Mitre

 

20 Club Controlled Players - $8 million dollars

Treaner arbitration - $450k

Amezaga arbitration - $650k

Mitre arbitration - $750k

 

So basically, the Marlins are at about $10 million in payroll, give or take roundball arby numbers and averaging all the club controlled to $400k, without a starting 3B and Aaron Boone type infield backup. I can easily see them fielding this team for under $12 million dollars. If Gregg turns into something like Andy Marte, and the Marlins resign Boone. The team will literally be making less money than A-Rod by the all star break.

BTW I think you can get Marte for less than Gregg. He was mediocre this past season and he's out of options.b

  • Author

BTW I think you can get Marte for less than Gregg. He was mediocre this past season and he's out of options.b

I agree too. Hes been horrible for 2 years, but worth a shot to continue the lineage of Phillips/Guthrie.

 

I'd love to grab Marte/Barfield to close out our roster. I wonder Gregg + what gets that done. Shapiro ain't dumb.

 

Regardless, point is.... Cabrera might make more than the team in 2008. It's going to be very close.

BTW I think you can get Marte for less than Gregg. He was mediocre this past season and he's out of options.b

I agree too. Hes been horrible for 2 years, but worth a shot to continue the lineage of Phillips/Guthrie.

 

I'd love to grab Marte/Barfield to close out our roster. I wonder Gregg + what gets that done. Shapiro ain't dumb.

 

Regardless, point is.... Cabrera might make more than the team in 2008. It's going to be very close.

But isn't this low, even for the Marlins? I'm kinda thinking they're not done wheeling and dealing yet and still have some $$ to spend somewhere.

I really don't like Barf-ield (I'm so clever).

 

his numbers against RHP is disgusting in a bad way.

I have a feeling something is brewing in the coffee pot here, I don't think we are done just yet...

 

that's a pretty poopy coffee pot.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.