Coffee Break

Bradcore

Guest Night Phantom

Ok, my two of my co-workers just came back from Tim Horton's. Unbeknownst to me, they went to scope her out. They returned with information that she's single and that I should totally go for it.

How did they find out she was single? I'm guessing the coworkers were girls.

You gotta make it rain, man.

don't listen to them. i think it's really cute and so much better than just plain asking her out, which any guy could do when he orders coffee. if in the end she's not interested then whatever. at least you tried and you probably made her day regardless. if you're a regular customer and whatnot, she's definitely not going to think it's stalkerish.

Ok, my two of my co-workers just came back from Tim Horton's. Unbeknownst to me, they went to scope her out. They returned with information that she's single and that I should totally go for it.

How did they find out she was single? I'm guessing the coworkers were girls.

You gotta make it rain, man.

Yep

:banghead :banghead :banghead NONONONONONOOOOOOOOO

You don't send flowers to a girl at work. Don't ever do this!!

It's a subtle way of communicating "Hey, I'm to wussy or not creative enough to talk to you, so I'll do the generic thing they do in the movies and make you real uncomfortable with it at work! By the way, I really like you alot and I want to confess my love to you. Let's get married right now after we've just met!"

Yeah, that's a great way to get her to start avoiding you or dreading everytime you come in the door.

Also, buying things for women (dinners, flowers, etc.), is a subtle way of manipulating for the bottomline (SEX). Don't do it. Women sense this thing from a mile away.

Alot of these guys on the board are not good with women. Don't listen to that advice. Especially the ones with the higher post count (LOL)

What you should do is just be sure of yourself no matter what.

Order a coffee, make a funny comment : here's one "OMG, your coffee pouring skills are like a 10, we're looking for a new secretary in our office blah blah blah and just go with it.

Or you can try asking her opinion on something. Make it something with a little drama. Girls love drama.

Or just simply ask her "what's up" and just go from there.

And finally - get her contact information.

when you're about to leave, when you finish talking to her, turn away for a second or two and take a step towards the door. Then turn back and tell her " by the way, do you have email? (obviously everybody does), she writes it down, and then tell her to put her # next to it. This communicates that you're okay with leaving without hearing from her again and that you're a cool guy that just wants to get to know her and you're not some stalkerish guy.

Then call her a few days later to meet up to have a cup of something wonderful. Tell her you have stuff to do so it can't be long. Don't take her to the movies, don't keep it long. Just a short trip.

Then follow up.

I know you love this girl etc etc, but you have to play it like you have alot of options in your life, and she's not the only one. I can already sense you're going to mess this up.

don't listen to them. i think it's really cute and so much better than just plain asking her out, which any guy could do when he orders coffee. if in the end she's not interested then whatever. at least you tried and you probably made her day regardless. if you're a regular customer and whatnot, she's definitely not going to think it's stalkerish.

What if she's totally grossed out by him? Then she'll just whine and complain about "This is why I don't make friends with random guys! They can never just be friends, they always think I'm hitting on them! UGH!!!!"

Also, buying things for women (dinners, flowers, etc.), is a subtle way of manipulating for the bottomline (SEX). Don't do it. Women sense this thing from a mile away.

You're an idiot.

Alot of these guys on the board are not good with women. Don't listen to that advice. Especially the ones with the higher post count (LOL)

You're an idiot.

Order a coffee, make a funny comment : here's one "OMG, your coffee pouring skills are like a 10, we're looking for a new secretary in our office blah blah blah and just go with it.

You're bashing people's advice and then offering up that? "You're coffee pouring skills are a 10"? :lol I'm sure someone working in a coffee shop is content with their position there.

when you're about to leave, when you finish talking to her, turn away for a second or two and take a step towards the door. Then turn back and tell her " by the way, do you have email? (obviously everybody does), she writes it down, and then tell her to put her # next to it.

FishFanInPA?

Awful advice. Yikes.

Are you 15?

You're an idiot.

You're an idiot.

You're bashing people's advice and then offering up that? "You're coffee pouring skills are a 10"? :lol I'm sure someone working in a coffee shop is content with their position there.

when you're about to leave, when you finish talking to her, turn away for a second or two and take a step towards the door. Then turn back and tell her " by the way, do you have email? (obviously everybody does), she writes it down, and then tell her to put her # next to it.

FishFanInPA?

Awful advice. Yikes.

Are you 15?

Just trying to keep it simple for the guy. It sounds like he's not sure what to do... At all. I can see it's useless to share my knowledge about this subject to novices. I'll just stay out of this convo. I'm on another level than all you guys when it comes to the opposite sex. I realize this forum full of geeks is not the place to bring this. So yea, enjoy that dry feeling between your legs.

I like how the guy with a half naked picture of himself as his avatar tries to convey himself as some sort of Mac Daddy and then dishes off 'Your coffee pouring skills are a 10' and told him to pursue the e-mail.

He might as well have thrown out a "Are those space pants? 'Cause your ass is out of this world" line.

ANYWAY back to topic.....if you're gonna do the roses thing, you should put a sweet little comment like "something to make your day a little brighter" or something. i guess i'm a hopeless romantic and i have no idea what this chick is like but worse comes to worst, find another coffee place! :thumbup

P'ZWNED!!!!

dude please.... you don't understand communication. Read the book "The Game" by Neil Strauss. And some David DeAngelo. It's a good starting point for you, as you seem clueless about attraction.

I'm not going to talk about helping Bradcore anymore, but that comment was supposed to be with a smile and jokingly. It's funny.

P'ZWNED!!!!

dude please.... you don't understand communication. Read the book "The Game" by Neil Strauss. And some David DeAngelo. It's a good starting point for you, as you seem clueless about attraction.

I'm not going to talk about helping Bradcore anymore, but that comment was supposed to be with a smile and jokingly. It's funny.

You learned your 'game' in a book.

You don't need to be offering advice.

P'ZWNED!!!!

Haha. HAHAHAHA.

Son I've dated, bedded, etc my share of women. You don't even know me and you're telling me I know nothing about how to approach women? Give me a break.