January 6, 200818 yr it means that the trade value of players isn't what it used to be. Portis was traded for champ bailey 4 years ago... Moss, randy f***ing moss, was traded for a 4th round pick... just like trent green Derek anderson is good enough to warrent a 2nd rounder or 3rd rounder to get him. Anything more then that is ludacris now a days. teams build in the draft, not with trades. Johnson for a 2nd rounder is possible too.
January 6, 200818 yr OMG guys! lets get Tom Brady!!!!!!! Seriously though: Chad Johnson would be untouchable. I'd like to see how our draft goes before we shop for QB's. But Parcells will try to get one ASAP. He's a free agent. Chad Johnson is not a free agent, he signeda 5 year deal for 35 mill last offseason...however with his spat with palmer still in the rearview, he has asked for a trade out of cincinati and has requested Miami- He is from miami, and went to northwestern i believe. Part of wanting out is Houshmanzadeh's increased role in the offense and upcomng massive deal. Pennington and Bledsoe are both Parcells guys, however they will be a servicable stop gap until Beck is ready. Bledsoe will also be a great mentor to Beck; helping him learn to read defenses and find the open XY or Z reciever. Anderson is availabe, and considering Brady Quinn is ready they are likely to move either of them. Anderson is considered easier to obtain. Likely deals to happen, A Trade of the 1st overall pick for more draft picks including 2nd and an additional 1st. Trade of one of the Number twos for chad johnson (moss was traded for a 4th last year) Trade of second number 2 or trade of the dolphins 3rd rounder for anderson ( Green was had with a conditional 4th pick) Keyshawn signed for the minimum and mentors Hagan and Ginn. Bledsoe inactive most games but is there as a number 3 or number 2 qb to mentor beck and start his progression into coaching. Pennington being released and looked at by the phins. Losman being looked at but possibly signed only if Bledsoe or Pennington is the QB for us. Chris I love it. Deals likely to happen Only one team has two number 1 picks in this years draft, and its dallas. Again this isnt madden, teams dont do that. I hope the dolphins will have learned by now to not trade away all their picks for veterans (feely, culpepper, ricky, etc...) Bledsoe is TERRIBLE.
January 6, 200818 yr Bledsoe is long overdue to just retire. He hasn't had anything left for a few years now. Unfortunately I wouldn't put it past the Tuna, since they have worked together many times.
January 6, 200818 yr Bledsoe is long overdue to just retire. He hasn't had anything left for a few years now. Unfortunately I wouldn't put it past the Tuna, since they have worked together many times. He is retired.
January 6, 200818 yr it means that the trade value of players isn't what it used to be. Portis was traded for champ bailey 4 years ago... Moss, randy f***ing moss, was traded for a 4th round pick... just like trent green Derek anderson is good enough to warrent a 2nd rounder or 3rd rounder to get him. Anything more then that is ludacris now a days. teams build in the draft, not with trades. Johnson for a 2nd rounder is possible too. I know everyone has totally forgotten Randy Moss' douchebag teammate attitude in the past because he hasn't been a complete douche this year. The reason Moss was traded for a 4th rounder were because: 1. He was a complete and total malcontent a**hole with the Raiders 2. He's a free agent after this season 3. There were serious concerns as to whether or not he still had the skills he once had 4. He refused to play for the Raiders so the Raiders had dick for negotiating leverage
January 6, 200818 yr it means that the trade value of players isn't what it used to be. Portis was traded for champ bailey 4 years ago... Moss, randy f***ing moss, was traded for a 4th round pick... just like trent green Derek anderson is good enough to warrent a 2nd rounder or 3rd rounder to get him. Anything more then that is ludacris now a days. teams build in the draft, not with trades. Johnson for a 2nd rounder is possible too. I know everyone has totally forgotten Randy Moss' douchebag teammate attitude in the past because he hasn't been a complete douche this year. The reason Moss was traded for a 4th rounder were because: 1. He was a complete and total malcontent a**hole with the Raiders 2. He's a free agent after this season 3. There were serious concerns as to whether or not he still had the skills he once had 4. He refused to play for the Raiders so the Raiders had dick for negotiating leverage Exactly right. In fact there werent many teams that wanted moss. I remember only Green Bay and New England had interest. His value had hit rock bottom when he quit on the raiders in 2006.
January 6, 200818 yr quote] I know everyone has totally forgotten Chad Johnsons douchebag teammate attitude in the past because he hasn't been a complete douche this year. The reason Johnson will traded for a 4th rounder are because: 1. He was a complete and total malcontent a**hole with the Bengals. (spats with palmer/coaches) 2. [Deleted] 3. There are concerns as to whether or not he still has the skills to get open in coverage 4. He has refused to play for the bengals so the bengals have dick for negotiating leverage Edited for the next contestant, Mr. Chad "Ocho Cinco" Johnson
January 6, 200818 yr I know everyone has totally forgotten Chad Johnsons douchebag teammate attitude in the past because he hasn't been a complete douche this year. The reason Johnson will traded for a 4th rounder are because: 1. He was a complete and total malcontent a**hole with the Bengals. (spats with palmer/coaches) 2. [Deleted] 3. There are concerns as to whether or not he still has the skills to get open in coverage 4. He has refused to play for the bengals so the bengals have dick for negotiating leverage Edited for the next contestant, Mr. Chad "Ocho Cinco" Johnson Please stop, you clearly have no idea what you are talking about. Chad Johnson was 40 yards away from leading the league in yards (second behind moss). He may have had an argument with with Palmer, but he is still going out there and kicking ass. Moss had two down years on the raiders (550 yards his last season), got into fights with everyone and quit on the team the last 5 or 6 games of the 2006 season. Nobody wanted Randy Moss. However there are 32 teams want Chad Johnson.
January 7, 200818 yr I know everyone has totally forgotten Chad Johnsons douchebag teammate attitude in the past because he hasn't been a complete douche this year. The reason Johnson will traded for a 4th rounder are because: 1. He was a complete and total malcontent a**hole with the Bengals. (spats with palmer/coaches) 2. [Deleted] 3. There are concerns as to whether or not he still has the skills to get open in coverage 4. He has refused to play for the bengals so the bengals have dick for negotiating leverage Edited for the next contestant, Mr. Chad "Ocho Cinco" Johnson Please stop, you clearly have no idea what you are talking about. Chad Johnson was 40 yards away from leading the league in yards (second behind moss). He may have had an argument with with Palmer, but he is still going out there and kicking ass. Moss had two down years on the raiders (550 yards his last season), got into fights with everyone and quit on the team the last 5 or 6 games of the 2006 season. Nobody wanted Randy Moss. However there are 32 teams want Chad Johnson. I'll tell you what, I bet I know more about football then you do. Hows this, you name 3 deals the dolphins will likely do... and I'll name 3. Anybody else can join us. Whoever comes out the winner by May 1st, will have their Username and a Crown added to the losers signitures for the rest of the year. Deal?
January 7, 200818 yr I know everyone has totally forgotten Chad Johnsons douchebag teammate attitude in the past because he hasn't been a complete douche this year. The reason Johnson will traded for a 4th rounder are because: 1. He was a complete and total malcontent a**hole with the Bengals. (spats with palmer/coaches) 2. [Deleted] 3. There are concerns as to whether or not he still has the skills to get open in coverage 4. He has refused to play for the bengals so the bengals have dick for negotiating leverage Edited for the next contestant, Mr. Chad "Ocho Cinco" Johnson Please stop, you clearly have no idea what you are talking about. Chad Johnson was 40 yards away from leading the league in yards (second behind moss). He may have had an argument with with Palmer, but he is still going out there and kicking ass. Moss had two down years on the raiders (550 yards his last season), got into fights with everyone and quit on the team the last 5 or 6 games of the 2006 season. Nobody wanted Randy Moss. However there are 32 teams want Chad Johnson. I'll tell you what, I bet I know more about football then you do. Hows this, you name 3 deals the dolphins will likely do... and I'll name 3. Anybody else can join us. Whoever comes out the winner by May 1st, will have their Username and a Crown added to the losers signitures for the rest of the year. Deal? When you included Drew Bledsoe in the dolphins offseason plans, it sort of exposed you as not knowing that much about football.
January 7, 200818 yr I know everyone has totally forgotten Chad Johnsons douchebag teammate attitude in the past because he hasn't been a complete douche this year. The reason Johnson will traded for a 4th rounder are because: 1. He was a complete and total malcontent a**hole with the Bengals. (spats with palmer/coaches) 2. [Deleted] 3. There are concerns as to whether or not he still has the skills to get open in coverage 4. He has refused to play for the bengals so the bengals have dick for negotiating leverage Edited for the next contestant, Mr. Chad "Ocho Cinco" Johnson Please stop, you clearly have no idea what you are talking about. Chad Johnson was 40 yards away from leading the league in yards (second behind moss). He may have had an argument with with Palmer, but he is still going out there and kicking ass. Moss had two down years on the raiders (550 yards his last season), got into fights with everyone and quit on the team the last 5 or 6 games of the 2006 season. Nobody wanted Randy Moss. However there are 32 teams want Chad Johnson. I'll tell you what, I bet I know more about football then you do. Hows this, you name 3 deals the dolphins will likely do... and I'll name 3. Anybody else can join us. Whoever comes out the winner by May 1st, will have their Username and a Crown added to the losers signitures for the rest of the year. Deal? When you included Drew Bledsoe in the dolphins offseason plans, it sort of exposed you as not knowing that much about football. Jets, he said he knows more about football than you... There is no comeback from that!
January 7, 200818 yr I know everyone has totally forgotten Chad Johnsons douchebag teammate attitude in the past because he hasn't been a complete douche this year. The reason Johnson will traded for a 4th rounder are because: 1. He was a complete and total malcontent a**hole with the Bengals. (spats with palmer/coaches) 2. [Deleted] 3. There are concerns as to whether or not he still has the skills to get open in coverage 4. He has refused to play for the bengals so the bengals have dick for negotiating leverage Edited for the next contestant, Mr. Chad "Ocho Cinco" Johnson Please stop, you clearly have no idea what you are talking about. Chad Johnson was 40 yards away from leading the league in yards (second behind moss). He may have had an argument with with Palmer, but he is still going out there and kicking ass. Moss had two down years on the raiders (550 yards his last season), got into fights with everyone and quit on the team the last 5 or 6 games of the 2006 season. Nobody wanted Randy Moss. However there are 32 teams want Chad Johnson. I'll tell you what, I bet I know more about football then you do. Hows this, you name 3 deals the dolphins will likely do... and I'll name 3. Anybody else can join us. Whoever comes out the winner by May 1st, will have their Username and a Crown added to the losers signitures for the rest of the year. Deal? When you included Drew Bledsoe in the dolphins offseason plans, it sort of exposed you as not knowing that much about football. Jets, he said he knows more about football than you... There is no comeback from that! Game, Set, and Match. Bledsoe will be spoken to by the Dolphins. He will be a Dolphin. I guarentee it. Whether or not he will actually play is another story. But as of right now, I don't see him being retired for very long. Remeber, Vinny Testaverde was signed this year. Doug Flutie was signed last year. Drew Bledsoe will rise again, unlike the other statue in Iraq. (the one with Sadaam Hussein). Chris
January 7, 200818 yr I know everyone has totally forgotten Chad Johnsons douchebag teammate attitude in the past because he hasn't been a complete douche this year. The reason Johnson will traded for a 4th rounder are because: 1. He was a complete and total malcontent a**hole with the Bengals. (spats with palmer/coaches) 2. [Deleted] 3. There are concerns as to whether or not he still has the skills to get open in coverage 4. He has refused to play for the bengals so the bengals have dick for negotiating leverage Edited for the next contestant, Mr. Chad "Ocho Cinco" Johnson Please stop, you clearly have no idea what you are talking about. Chad Johnson was 40 yards away from leading the league in yards (second behind moss). He may have had an argument with with Palmer, but he is still going out there and kicking ass. Moss had two down years on the raiders (550 yards his last season), got into fights with everyone and quit on the team the last 5 or 6 games of the 2006 season. Nobody wanted Randy Moss. However there are 32 teams want Chad Johnson. I'll tell you what, I bet I know more about football then you do. Hows this, you name 3 deals the dolphins will likely do... and I'll name 3. Anybody else can join us. Whoever comes out the winner by May 1st, will have their Username and a Crown added to the losers signitures for the rest of the year. Deal? When you included Drew Bledsoe in the dolphins offseason plans, it sort of exposed you as not knowing that much about football. Jets, he said he knows more about football than you... There is no comeback from that! Game, Set, and Match. Bledsoe will be spoken to by the Dolphins. He will be a Dolphin. I guarentee it. Whether or not he will actually play is another story. But as of right now, I don't see him being retired for very long. Remeber, Vinny Testaverde was signed this year. Doug Flutie was signed last year. Drew Bledsoe will rise again, unlike the other statue in Iraq. (the one with Sadaam Hussein). Chris bledsoe is awful...has been for quite some time now...no thanks
January 7, 200818 yr If I remember correctly in 05 When Bledsoe played for the Cowboys he was pretty good. But that was 3 years ago now.
January 7, 200818 yr If I remember correctly in 05 When Bledsoe played for the Cowboys he was pretty good. But that was 3 years ago now. What about in 06, when he got benched half way through the season and finished with a rating in the 60's?
January 7, 200818 yr I know everyone has totally forgotten Chad Johnsons douchebag teammate attitude in the past because he hasn't been a complete douche this year. The reason Johnson will traded for a 4th rounder are because: 1. He was a complete and total malcontent a**hole with the Bengals. (spats with palmer/coaches) 2. [Deleted] 3. There are concerns as to whether or not he still has the skills to get open in coverage 4. He has refused to play for the bengals so the bengals have dick for negotiating leverage Edited for the next contestant, Mr. Chad "Ocho Cinco" Johnson Please stop, you clearly have no idea what you are talking about. Chad Johnson was 40 yards away from leading the league in yards (second behind moss). He may have had an argument with with Palmer, but he is still going out there and kicking ass. Moss had two down years on the raiders (550 yards his last season), got into fights with everyone and quit on the team the last 5 or 6 games of the 2006 season. Nobody wanted Randy Moss. However there are 32 teams want Chad Johnson. I'll tell you what, I bet I know more about football then you do. Hows this, you name 3 deals the dolphins will likely do... and I'll name 3. Anybody else can join us. Whoever comes out the winner by May 1st, will have their Username and a Crown added to the losers signitures for the rest of the year. Deal? When you included Drew Bledsoe in the dolphins offseason plans, it sort of exposed you as not knowing that much about football. Jets, he said he knows more about football than you... There is no comeback from that! Game, Set, and Match. Bledsoe will be spoken to by the Dolphins. He will be a Dolphin. I guarentee it. Whether or not he will actually play is another story. But as of right now, I don't see him being retired for very long. Remeber, Vinny Testaverde was signed this year. Doug Flutie was signed last year. Drew Bledsoe will rise again, unlike the other statue in Iraq. (the one with Sadaam Hussein). Chris You are probably the only person that thinks that is a good move. Have you seen vinny's stats? He has played about 10-15 total games the past 3 years. He only gets resigned because starting qb's get injured and they have no one else to turn to. I am sure a team could sign bledsoe if they wanted to, however NO team wants to sign him. He is not a good qb.
January 7, 200818 yr I never said Bledsoe will play. I said bledsoe will tutor. Either as a Coach, or as a 2nd string QB until Beck is ready. I really think our QB depth Chart will read: 1)Pennington, Losman, or Anderson 2) Drew Bledsoe 3) Jon Beck I never said he should be our starter. I said he should be becks mentor- either as a QB or QB Coach. Parcells has a lot of respect for Drew, which is evident by drafting him and picking him up again while rebuilding the cowboys.
January 7, 200818 yr You are probably the only person that thinks that is a good move. Have you seen vinny's stats? He has played about 10-15 total games the past 3 years. He only gets resigned because starting qb's get injured and they have no one else to turn to. I am sure a team could sign bledsoe if they wanted to, however NO team wants to sign him. He is not a good qb. I didn't say Vinny did well, I just said he was signed... LOL. He did awful. But, he was signed. Just like Bledsoe will be signed.
January 8, 200818 yr You are probably the only person that thinks that is a good move. Have you seen vinny's stats? He has played about 10-15 total games the past 3 years. He only gets resigned because starting qb's get injured and they have no one else to turn to. I am sure a team could sign bledsoe if they wanted to, however NO team wants to sign him. He is not a good qb. I didn't say Vinny did well, I just said he was signed... LOL. He did awful. But, he was signed. Just like Bledsoe will be signed. Then whats the point? The dolphins can sign me then, I wont do well, they'll just sign me.
January 8, 200818 yr I never said Bledsoe will play. I said bledsoe will tutor. Either as a Coach, or as a 2nd string QB until Beck is ready. I really think our QB depth Chart will read: 1)Pennington, Losman, or Anderson 2) Drew Bledsoe 3) Jon Beck I never said he should be our starter. I said he should be becks mentor- either as a QB or QB Coach. Parcells has a lot of respect for Drew, which is evident by drafting him and picking him up again while rebuilding the cowboys. 1) Pennington is under contract with the jets, and the GM announced today he will be back next season to compete with clemens. Losman = Not Good. Is he still under contract with Buffalo? Anderson is good, but he would cost the dolphins some picks. If Anderson gets franchised, then it would cost the dolphins the first overall pick to get him. 2) Drew Bledsoe (I really hope you are joking around about him) = HORRIBLE 3 Jon Beck = Bad, however he only has limited experience so his rating can obviously change.
January 8, 200818 yr First, Bill Parcells decided to leave ESPN for the Miami Dolphins to resurrect his career in the NFL. Now, one of his favorite players might consider doing the same. Former Pro Bowl wide receiver Keyshawn Johnson has not ruled out the possibility of making a comeback to play specifically in Miami for Parcells, a mentor and close friend. In an e-mail to The Miami Herald, agent Jerome Stanley said Johnson remains in ''great shape'' while also remaining close to Parcells, who coached Johnson with the New York Jets and Dallas Cowboys. ''I speak to Keyshawn daily about all aspects of his career, he is very close to Coach Parcells and is in great shape IF he chose to play next year,'' Stanley wrote, responding to an e-mail from The Miami Herald about Johnson's potential interest in returning to play for Parcells. ``Miami could use a good tough veteran like Key to help the current crop of young receivers develop.'' Stanley, however, also noted that Johnson is happy in his job at ESPN. Johnson began as an analyst at the network after retiring from football in May 2007, three weeks after the Carolina Panthers released him. ''He loves his broadcast career with ESPN and hopes that this year was the beginning of a long relationship,'' Stanley added. However, Johnson's relationship with Parcells runs deep. If Parcells, who is the new vice president of football operations for the Dolphins, felt strongly about Johnson's potential impact, it might be enough to lure Johnson back. Parcells has not commented publicly about anything since his introductory news conference last Thursday, and he was unavailable for comment regarding Johnson. Parcells coached Johnson when Parcells coached the Jets from 1997 to 1999, a period that caused Parcells to later call the receiver one of the best players he had ever coached. Despite their strong relationship, Parcells traded Johnson to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers for two first-round draft picks -- a move that remains one of Parcell's most highly regarded decisions. The pair hooked up again in Dallas for the 2004 and 2005 seasons, where Johnson again was productive. Johnson, however, is 35. In 2006 with Carolina, he caught 70 passes for 815 yards in a No. 2 role to Steve Smith. Still, even as a role player, Johnson could be a major addition to an inexperienced corps of receivers in Miami. The Dolphins are in desperate need of playmakers and veteran leadership. Whether Johnson still has the talent to play remains to be seen. However, even as he contemplated retirement in May, six head coaches (including Patriots coach Bill Belichick) contacted him about playing for them this season. ''I've done everything I wanted to do in my career,'' Johnson said upon announcing his retirement. ``I just couldn't find one thing that could drive me back to playing football. As I learned from Bill Parcells, the circus doesn't stay in town very long.'' That circus might be coming to Miami very soon. http://www.miamiherald.com/616/story/365132.html What do you all think, should the Dolphins take a chance on him? I wouldn't mind having him on the team if we could get him for cheap. LoL, soon after he breaks his ribs...lol
January 8, 200818 yr Jets Mania, You are just like any other Jet fan, especially my relatives. Straight forward thinking with no room to look outside the lines. If the President tells you that sleeping with your wife will safe the USA, you won't second guess. But... being in shape to play and ready to play incase 1st string gets injured is totally different then signing to play. He will eb a great mentor to Jon Beck. He can help him in reading defenses, and help him in finding the open man against such defenses. Which was becks problem this season.
January 8, 200818 yr Jets Mania, You are just like any other Jet fan, especially my relatives. Straight forward thinking with no room to look outside the lines. If the President tells you that sleeping with your wife will safe the USA, you won't second guess. But... being in shape to play and ready to play incase 1st string gets injured is totally different then signing to play. He will eb a great mentor to Jon Beck. He can help him in reading defenses, and help him in finding the open man against such defenses. Which was becks problem this season. I really think you are the only dolphins fan that wants Bledsoe to be the qb and mentor Beck, no offense. Regardless of Bledsoe's skills (or lack of them)... Why would he come out of retirement to earn the league minimum and be a 2nd or 3rd string qb?
January 8, 200818 yr As a stepping stone to coaching? Most players do that, same th Keyshawn wanted to do in Carolina to Dwayne Jarret (i think that was the WR out of USC). Chris
January 8, 200818 yr As a stepping stone to coaching? Most players do that, same th Keyshawn wanted to do in Carolina to Dwayne Jarret (i think that was the WR out of USC). Chris Signing a contract for the league min and being a 3rd string QB is not a stepping stone for coaching. The thing is Keyshawn didnt want to do that, or he would have played this past year. He was released by Carolina and when no team gave him a decent contract he went to ESPN. He stated several times he would not play for the league minimum.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.