Keyshawn to the Dolphins?

MikeLowell

First, Bill Parcells decided to leave ESPN for the Miami Dolphins to resurrect his career in the NFL. Now, one of his favorite players might consider doing the same.

Former Pro Bowl wide receiver Keyshawn Johnson has not ruled out the possibility of making a comeback to play specifically in Miami for Parcells, a mentor and close friend.

In an e-mail to The Miami Herald, agent Jerome Stanley said Johnson remains in ''great shape'' while also remaining close to Parcells, who coached Johnson with the New York Jets and Dallas Cowboys.

''I speak to Keyshawn daily about all aspects of his career, he is very close to Coach Parcells and is in great shape IF he chose to play next year,'' Stanley wrote, responding to an e-mail from The Miami Herald about Johnson's potential interest in returning to play for Parcells. ``Miami could use a good tough veteran like Key to help the current crop of young receivers develop.''

Stanley, however, also noted that Johnson is happy in his job at ESPN. Johnson began as an analyst at the network after retiring from football in May 2007, three weeks after the Carolina Panthers released him.

''He loves his broadcast career with ESPN and hopes that this year was the beginning of a long relationship,'' Stanley added.

However, Johnson's relationship with Parcells runs deep.

If Parcells, who is the new vice president of football operations for the Dolphins, felt strongly about Johnson's potential impact, it might be enough to lure Johnson back.

Parcells has not commented publicly about anything since his introductory news conference last Thursday, and he was unavailable for comment regarding Johnson.

Parcells coached Johnson when Parcells coached the Jets from 1997 to 1999, a period that caused Parcells to later call the receiver one of the best players he had ever coached.

Despite their strong relationship, Parcells traded Johnson to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers for two first-round draft picks -- a move that remains one of Parcell's most highly regarded decisions. The pair hooked up again in Dallas for the 2004 and 2005 seasons, where Johnson again was productive.

Johnson, however, is 35. In 2006 with Carolina, he caught 70 passes for 815 yards in a No. 2 role to Steve Smith. Still, even as a role player, Johnson could be a major addition to an inexperienced corps of receivers in Miami.

The Dolphins are in desperate need of playmakers and veteran leadership.

Whether Johnson still has the talent to play remains to be seen. However, even as he contemplated retirement in May, six head coaches (including Patriots coach Bill Belichick) contacted him about playing for them this season.

''I've done everything I wanted to do in my career,'' Johnson said upon announcing his retirement. ``I just couldn't find one thing that could drive me back to playing football. As I learned from Bill Parcells, the circus doesn't stay in town very long.''

That circus might be coming to Miami very soon.

http://www.miamiherald.com/616/story/365132.html

What do you all think, should the Dolphins take a chance on him? I wouldn't mind having him on the team if we could get him for cheap.

What number would he take- Ginns already got 19...

I got a feeling 17...

He's going to be a Dolphin... i get that feeling...

Chad, Keyshawn and Ginn would be quite the 123 for either anderson, losman, pennington or bledsoe.

and with Brown/Ricky/Booker in the backfield, we might be presentable to our family....

I got a feeling 17...

Chad, Keyshawn and Ginn would be quite the 123 for either anderson, losman, pennington or bledsoe.

and with Brown/Ricky/Booker in the backfield, we might be presentable to our family....

Seriously stop saying Pennington.

Hell NO to Meshawn Johnson. Ill take Chad but no Keyshawn.

I got a feeling 17...

:o

This isnt Madden world. Drew Bledsoe is terrible now. JP losman is average. Pennington would only help you if you had a good line, good wr's, good rb and played in a dome (you dont have 3 out of 4).

I wouldnt be suprised to see Pennington end up with the vikings and end up having a pretty good season.

Keyshawn would be a good move if we were in 2002, not 2008.

Chad Johnson? Come on. Why would he go to a team with Cleo Lemon at quarterback?

In reality the dolphins should focus on getting young players and keeping their draft picks, instead of signing and trading for washed up players. IMO

OMG guys! lets get Tom Brady!!!!!!!

Seriously though: Chad Johnson would be untouchable. I'd like to see how our draft goes before we shop for QB's. But Parcells will try to get one ASAP.

He's a free agent.

Chad Johnson is not a free agent, he signeda 5 year deal for 35 mill last offseason...however with his spat with palmer still in the rearview, he has asked for a trade out of cincinati and has requested Miami- He is from miami, and went to northwestern i believe. Part of wanting out is Houshmanzadeh's increased role in the offense and upcomng massive deal.

Pennington and Bledsoe are both Parcells guys, however they will be a servicable stop gap until Beck is ready. Bledsoe will also be a great mentor to Beck; helping him learn to read defenses and find the open XY or Z reciever.

Anderson is availabe, and considering Brady Quinn is ready they are likely to move either of them. Anderson is considered easier to obtain.

Likely deals to happen,

A Trade of the 1st overall pick for more draft picks including 2nd and an additional 1st.

Trade of one of the Number twos for chad johnson (moss was traded for a 4th last year)

Trade of second number 2 or trade of the dolphins 3rd rounder for anderson ( Green was had with a conditional 4th pick)

Keyshawn signed for the minimum and mentors Hagan and Ginn.

Bledsoe inactive most games but is there as a number 3 or number 2 qb to mentor beck and start his progression into coaching.

Pennington being released and looked at by the phins.

Losman being looked at but possibly signed only if Bledsoe or Pennington is the QB for us.

Chris

hahahha "WAIT" until Beck is ready? The man is not a young dood you know...he aint getting any younger, he really doesnt have a big window. It sucks because I like him, but stubborn ass Cam wouldnt play him because he wanted to play the Qb that "gave him the best chance to win"....get the f outta here Cam!

OMG guys! lets get Tom Brady!!!!!!!

Seriously though: Chad Johnson would be untouchable. I'd like to see how our draft goes before we shop for QB's. But Parcells will try to get one ASAP.

He's a free agent.

Likely deals to happen,

Trade of second number 2 or trade of the dolphins 3rd rounder for anderson ( Green was had with a conditional 4th pick)

Chris

Why is that likely?

What does Trent Green being had a year ago have to do with Anderson?