Heath Ledger Found Dead

knglover

According to TMZ he had pnemonia and the bills were related and it is very possible it was accidental death. We will find out after autospy.

But wait, Das already said it was an OD so why are they bothering with an autopsy?

Heath Ledger was reportedly suffering from pneumonia, according to TMZ. The pills were over the counter sleeping pills and accidental overdose is not being ruled out. An autopsy is being performed tomorrow.

this is what I was hearing.

According to TMZ he had pnemonia and the bills were related and it is very possible it was accidental death. We will find out after autospy.

But wait, Das already said it was an OD so why are they bothering with an autopsy?

Heath Ledger was reportedly suffering from pneumonia, according to TMZ. The pills were over the counter sleeping pills and accidental overdose is not being ruled out. An autopsy is being performed tomorrow.

this is what I was hearing.

I was being sarcastic. :)

Batman sales are going to go through the roof. sorry I feel like being insensitive.

death = $$

Did he finish shooting all his scenes?

Someone told me yesterday (and take this for what it's worth) that he did finish shooting his scenes. Furthermore, it seems that he isn't a major focus for the Dark Knight film, despite what the trailer indicates. Supposedly his character was not going to be featured heavily until the third film.

According to the news today the sleeping pills were prescribed and not over the counter. Also, the doctor said he was given the pills because he was so messed up from playing the joker character. I did not catch the whole thing, but the appearance the actions completely messed with his mind and the doctor gave him the sleeping pills because it would keep him up at night. Really weird death to me...

The role disturbed him, according to The Associated Press. He called The Joker a "psychopathic, mass-murdering, schizophrenic clown with zero empathy."

"Last week, I probably slept an average of two hours a night," Ledger told The New York Times. "I couldn't stop thinking. My body was exhausted, and my mind was still going."

He said prescription sleeping pills didn't help, according to AP.

"It was a very great challenge for Heath," director Christopher Nolan told AP. "He's extremely original, extremely frightening, tremendously edgy. A very young character, a very anarchic presence that taps into a lot of our basic fears and panic."

realizing it's a stretch, wouldn't it be bizarre if playing this character got into his head so much that he was actually disturbed to the point where it affected his sanity?

I mean the guy's a professional actor so I don't think it would ever come to this, but you never know. The mind can be a strange place.

The role disturbed him, according to The Associated Press. He called The Joker a "psychopathic, mass-murdering, schizophrenic clown with zero empathy."

"Last week, I probably slept an average of two hours a night," Ledger told The New York Times. "I couldn't stop thinking. My body was exhausted, and my mind was still going."

"It was a very great challenge for Heath," director Christopher Nolan told AP. "He's extremely original, extremely frightening, tremendously edgy. A very young character, a very anarchic presence that taps into a lot of our basic fears and panic."

realizing it's a stretch, wouldn't it be bizarre if playing this character got into his head so much that he was actually disturbed to the point where it affected his sanity?

I mean the guy's a professional actor so I don't think it would ever come to this, but you never know. The mind can be a strange place.

That is what reports are saying as of right now on a bunch of news sources.

For some reason I see this as kind of making Ledger one of those "what could have been" actors that become somewhat of a myth. Kinda like James Dean, he was cool, died young and was extremely talented.

And what better role for him to leave us with than the Joker. That will further cement his cult status.

RIP.

i think he already has a unique following, but how he died was not because of OD or suicide I think he will become like you say a huge cult hero.

That is what reports are saying as of right now on a bunch of news sources.

Wow. If that turned out to be true - and I don't mean to make light of the situation - that would be one of the most twisted movie characters ever. A character written to be so evil that it ultimately destroyed the actor who played him.

Still, I imagine there were a lot of issues going on with him. Don't want to sound like a Stephen King novel.

way to take the easy way out.

awesome.

The evidence points to a drug overdose, not a suicide. Im pretty sure he didnt want to die.

so this absolves him.

it takes a damn lot of drugs to OD in almost every case.

Das, on behalf of humankind,

shut the f*** up.

your right.

he took the 2 or so pills you should take in a sitting.

he isnt a moron.

Pretty much agreed that it was an accidental death due to complications from pnemonia mixed with his usage of Ambien (which shouldn't be taken if you have respiratory issues).

You were so right, let's not feel bad for the guy.

No autopsy has been performed so the "easy way out" comments are very premature.

28 years old. Thats rough.

And as we still await the ME's official report, police are saying it very well may have been an "accidental overdose". No non-prescribed drugs were found.

The premature comments are starting to look rather silly. :o

• 2 weeks later...

Forensics show that Heath died of an accidental lethal mixture of prescription drugs, including sleeping pills.

In other words, he pulled an Anna Nicole.

(CNN) -- Heath Ledger died from an accidental overdose of prescription medications including painkillers, anti-anxiety drugs and sleeping pills, the New York City medical examiner's office said Wednesday.

"Mr. Heath Ledger died as the result of acute intoxication by the combined effects of oxycodone, hydrocodone, diazepam, temazepam, alprazolam, and doxylamine," the office said in a short statement.

"We have concluded that the manner of death is accident, resulting from the abuse of prescription medications."

In a statement released through Ledger's publicist, Ledger's father, Kim, said Wednesday: "While no medications were taken in excess, we learned today the combination of doctor-prescribed drugs proved lethal for our boy. Heath's accidental death serves as a caution to the hidden dangers of combining prescription medication, even at low dosage."

http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/Movies/02/...dger/index.html