February 6, 200818 yr What is your favorite baseball videogame ever? I still love old school nintendo baseball!!! But in recent history I've been digging the MLB series especially since they aren't going to make MVP anymore. MLB 07 was great and if 08 can out do it, it should be one of the best ever IMHO... 2k is getting stale and MLB puts cool new sh*t in every year. Like the 'road to the show feature' which is unique and original and the batting system they are putting in that allows for streak hitting... Anyway nintendo all-time...but hopefully MLB 08 will live up to the hype.....
February 6, 200818 yr What is your favorite baseball videogame ever? I still love old school nintendo baseball!!! But in recent history I've been digging the MLB series especially since they aren't going to make MVP anymore. MLB 07 was great and if 08 can out do it, it should be one of the best ever IMHO... 2k is getting stale and MLB puts cool new sh*t in every year. Like the 'road to the show feature' which is unique and original and the batting system they are putting in that allows for streak hitting... Anyway nintendo all-time...but hopefully MLB 08 will live up to the hype..... mvp 05 is by far and away the best baseball game ever...being a 360 owner...i can only hope mlb 2k8 doesnt make me want to go postal at 2k's headquarters
February 6, 200818 yr MVP baseball is hands down the best of all time... it practically cannot be argued Cal Ripken Baseball for the SNES was pretty cool too
February 6, 200818 yr All Star Baseball 2003 First real gaming system I got was a PS2 and that was the first baseball game i got loved the expansion team played a full season over the summer once there's never been another baseball game that's had me addicted like that Also really liked MVP 2005 it was a great title 2K sports was going in the right direction until MLB 2K6 in terms of next gen baseball games i would probably favor 07 the show the graphics were far from what the system is capable of but it made a fairly nice transition to the ps3 unfortunately acclaim went under... probably because of the bass fishing and poker titles it was releasing..... oh yea and by the way does anyone else think the show needs some new controls or something? for a next gen system just punching buttons for pitching and hitting doesn't really reflect any will to improve MVP and 2K8 both had at least analog swing stick options and throwing stuff
February 7, 200818 yr MVP 2005. It's a shame that EA lost the rights to make MLB games. I feel the same way about 2k with NFL games.
February 7, 200818 yr How many people are going to buy MLB 2k8 this year... I think its Reyes on the cover??
February 7, 200818 yr How many people are going to buy MLB 2k8 this year... I think its Reyes on the cover??
February 7, 200818 yr How many people are going to buy MLB 2k8 this year... I think its Reyes on the cover?? I'm not sure if I'll buy it. I'll try it for sure.
February 7, 200818 yr My favorite baseball game of all-time is the old school RBI BASEBALL for NES... everytime i go watch a rays game i play it for like an hour before the game in the downstairs gameroom... I really hope MVP gets to make MLB games one day cause they definatly were the best... Hopefully MLB2K8 wont be to bad...
February 8, 200818 yr I'll definitely look into 2K8.... didn't they change all the controls up to the point where you basically use the analogs sticks to do nearly everything? I really liked the 2k sports pitching and fortunately they're leaving the other controls from past games available so i'll see how the new controls for it are
February 8, 200818 yr I really dislike the 2k series for baseball so i'm going to look at the show for ps3.
February 8, 200818 yr Author How many people are going to buy MLB 2k8 this year... I think its Reyes on the cover?? No way, I won't buy it cause I have a PS3 and MLB 08: The show looks way better.....2K is way to arcady...Season mode is way better in The Show....The new features they added this year just outshines 2K.....18 different pitches you can throw.....hot and cold streak hitting...Awesome stuff.
February 8, 200818 yr MVP 2005. It's a shame that EA lost the rights to make MLB games. It's their own fault for going out to corner the NFL market. If they had left well enough alone, we would still have MVP baseball. I for one loved Ken Griffey Jr's Slugfest for the N64, but thats more because I played the hell out of it when I was a kid.
February 8, 200818 yr MVP hands down. Yes the MLB 2K series sucks really bad. For the record I hate Madden Football games. The NFL 2K series owned Madden, stupid exclusive licensing agreements.
February 8, 200818 yr How many people are going to buy MLB 2k8 this year... I think its Reyes on the cover?? I have a 360, so I'm definitely getting it. I don't think it's as bad as many say it is. But yeah, MVP was twice the game.
February 8, 200818 yr MLB 07 the Show right now, and 08 should be really good. The Road to the Show will be much more advanced this year. You'll have to know the coaches signs, you'll have to cover the base on double plays (as SS or 2B), I think it'll be much much better.
February 10, 200818 yr MVP 05 was without a doubt the best baseball game ive ever played... after was ken griffey baseball for the snes
February 10, 200818 yr since i have the 360...ill be picking up mlb 2k8 when it comes out...and maybe my little cousin's likeness will be the in game...which should be pretty cool...plus 90 minor league teams and 20 authentic stadiums...and if the gameplay is as improved as they are saying it is...it will have taken a huge step in the right direction
February 10, 200818 yr I'll still consider MLB 2K8 i've read some articles where they have really made an effort to cut down on the "arcade" things you guys are talking about... basically there will be no more opposite field home runs on inside pitches and will in general be a much more realistic game than it has been in the past. I'll probably pick up 2K8 for my PS3 and 08 the show for PSP.... Sony makes a much better portable baseball game than 2K
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.