March 25, 200818 yr Is anybody else not getting the game? The only two channels I am not getting on my satelite is ESPN2 and NESN which makes me think the problem is on the other end.
March 25, 200818 yr Author Meh, Buster Olney just came on Mike And Mike and said he isn't getting the game either.
March 25, 200818 yr I have the game on right now... it's on ESPN2. What service do you have, DirecTV..?
March 25, 200818 yr Author Yep. They had a "Searching For Signal" message on the channel since late last night and now they have a message saying " No need to call us, we know the channel is unavailable." I'm watching the game on the Sportsmix Channel, listening is more like it.
March 25, 200818 yr Yep. They had a "Searching For Signal" message on the channel since late last night and now they have a message saying " No need to call us, we know the channel is unavailable." Wow... Whatever happened to "We apologize for the inconvenience"? That sounds more like "Yeah, we know you're pissed and we don't care." :kicknutz Score one for the PR Dept. By the way, what's with the ADVERTISEMENTS on the uniforms and helmets. Is that just meant as a nod to Japan baseball, or are we going to see this Stateside soon? I hope it's the former.
March 25, 200818 yr By the way, what's with the ADVERTISEMENTS on the uniforms and helmets. Is that just meant as a nod to Japan baseball, or are we going to see this Stateside soon? I hope it's the former. When the Yankees played in Japan a few years ago, their uniforms also featured ads, so I think it's just a "special" promotional thing for this series only.
March 25, 200818 yr When the Yankees played in Japan a few years ago, their uniforms also featured ads, so I think it's just a "special" promotional thing for this series only. I see. Back to the game... I think it's pretty clear who the ESPN announcers want us to root for.
March 25, 200818 yr Baserunning may have cost the A's the game. Definitely cost them at least an 11th inning.
March 25, 200818 yr DirecTV has Red Sox Nation in an uproar this morning. This is not going over well. I read a blog that was asking for Red Sox Nation to turn to pitchforks and torches and to close in on DirecTV HQ and burn it to the ground. Eventually DirecTV put the HD signal on channel 623 (NESN) so all could see. But they are still in a crapload of trouble with those New Englanders. :lol :
March 25, 200818 yr Baserunning may have cost the A's the game. Definitely cost them at least an 11th inning. It sure did, whoever that was that got caught off 2nd, lost them the game. The next two batter hit safely, and that "got-caught" was the tying run.
March 25, 200818 yr DirecTV has Red Sox Nation in an uproar this morning. This is not going over well. I read a blog that was asking for Red Sox Nation to turn to pitchforks and torches and to close in on DirecTV HQ and burn it to the ground. Eventually DirecTV put the HD signal on channel 623 (NESN) so all could see. But they are still in a crapload of trouble with those New Englanders. :lol : its why my family here in massachusetts gave up on directv years ago...i think it sucks...whenever there was a must watch event...the satellite didnt work, or there was inclement weather and yada yada yada...what a bunch of bulls***...i dont care how many HD channels they have...if i cant watch them whenever i please, whats the use? and this is what i dont understand about FSN and the marlins games...why only broadcast half the games in HD? that makes no sense...so what do they do, just keep the HD cameras hidden for the other half? why not all the games? red sox nation would burn NESN to the ground and tar and feather the owners if only half the games were in HD
March 28, 200818 yr love this video from opening day. i thought it sounded like a young and clueless vin scully.
March 28, 200818 yr who boardcast that? was person doing your tube video or guys from japan????? That's actually John Mayer doing a little Play-by-Play from behind home plate in Japan. My guess is that he's joking. He's shown himself to have a bit of a sense of humor. I don't know if I would post a video online of me being an idiot of I wasn't joking. Also, the way he is calling the game, aside from the words, show some semblance of actual game calling.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.