Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Fredi and the Fish

Featured Replies

I still think hes an idiot.......The only thing that he has done decently is giving starters the hook at the right time......He still refuses to play any small ball, He refuses to hit Amezaga second, and still makes some questionable personell moves from time to time.....but hes been better than last year :D

#1 Amezaga doesn't play everyday, and we're not gonna bat Cody #2 at this point.

#2 This is the wrong team to ask for small ball. Blame Fredi if you like, but these guys hit doubles, triples, and HRs a lot better and with more regularity than sac bunts.

 

 

#1 Amezaga should play everyday-----for defensive purposes eventhough he isnt great from the right side. Nothing against Uggla at all but I think you need to play a little small ball with that spot

 

#2 I think the whole---this team cant play small ball statement is nonsense----people complain how they cant produce runs and move runners (yesterday perfect example)----I think part of the reason is that for the most part Fredi doesnt like small ball......Yea these are power hitters that we have but when you have 1st and 2nd and no out Hermida, Treanor, Cantu, and the P should bunt every single time if the game situation warrants it.

 

I also dont think scrub Hermida should hit 3......Hammer is clearly the teams second best hitter and I truly have more confidence in a healthy Jacobs that Hermida

 

 

Not true.

The team doesn't execute in those situations, and yesterday had nothing to do with Freddi.

 

If I recall, Treanor was bunting with men on 1st and 2nd yesterday (even with 2 strikes).

There have been plenty of times this year where they have had 1st and 2nd with no out and the inning has ended with those guys on first and second.............

There have been plenty of times this year where they have had 1st and 2nd with no out and the inning has ended with those guys on first and second.............

 

 

...and Freddi can't execute for the players.

He only makes the calls.

 

And for the most part, we've bunted in the tight situations...in the late innings.

I agree that Hermida should not be batting third in the order.....at least not right now. I have no beef with Uggla number 2 as long as he keeps getting a couple hits per game. Should be:

 

Ramirez

Uggla

Jacobs

Willingham

Hermida

Cantu

Rabelo

Amezega

Pitcher

 

Or eventually something like this

 

Amezaga

Hermida

Ramirez

Willingham

Jacobs

Cantu

Uggla

Rabelo

Pitcher

 

Splitting up the lefties is way overrated. You put your best hitters 3 and 4, period.

I agree that Hermida should not be batting third in the order.....at least not right now. I have no beef with Uggla number 2 as long as he keeps getting a couple hits per game. Should be:

 

Ramirez

Uggla

Jacobs

Willingham

Hermida

Cantu

Rabelo

Amezega

Pitcher

 

Or eventually something like this

 

Amezaga

Hermida

Ramirez

Willingham

Jacobs

Cantu

Uggla

Rabelo

Pitcher

 

Splitting up the lefties is way overrated. You put your best hitters 3 and 4, period.

 

Talking about eventually with Amezaga in center is kind of silly. Fredi isn't going to move Hanley down the lineup until Maybin is up, then we can talk about realigning things. For now, I'm ok with the way things are. Not because I like it, but because I don't se any advantage in the alternatives. Amezaga isn't going to hit like this all year, and Hermida is going to hit better. If he remains healthy, Hermida will be hitting around .300 at the end of the year with 20+ HR. He is probably the best 3 slot option we have (aside from Hanley, who Fredi isn't going to move). Once we see Maybin, it will look more like this:

 

Maybin

Hermida

Hanley

Jacobs

Hammer

Uggla

Cantu

Rabelo

Pitcher

 

Until then, I doubt anything will change.

I've enjoyed Fredi's decisions and style this year much, much more than last. He has certainly improved, and that may have to do with the fact that he now knows a lot more about his team now than he did then.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.