Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

We need Jake and hammer back ASAP

Featured Replies

I love Cantu and Gonzo, but they should not be hitting 4th and 5th. It was working for a bit because Uggla was on fire and the team as a whole was hot, but now our lineup has a weird feel to it. We need to settle down with something like this.

 

CF: Ross/Amezaga/J. Jones? This is our weakest area

RF: Hermida

SS: Hanley

1B: Jacobs

LF: Hammer

2B: Uggla

3B: Cantu

C: Rabelo/Treanor

P:

Jacobs' bat seems to be very close to ready. The only question mark is Hammer, last I heard he's only been hitting soft toss pitches.

 

In order to be successful in the long run it's imperative that we get these 2 guys back in the lineup. When that happens, 2 through 7 in our lineup could be potentially deadly.

Fredi was on 790 this afternoon and did not sound at all optimistic about Hammer returning anytime soon. More so for Jake.

 

It seems like Jake has been out for so long but it was only May 8th (six days ago) that he was injured. Willingham has been out since April 26th (nineteen days).

I forgot already, what is Hammer's specific injury?

 

Is there even a loose projected return date?

I forgot already, what is Hammer's specific injury?

 

Is there even a loose projected return date?

Sore back is all I know....and when he gets "loose," he'll do go on a rehab assignment before he joins the big club....but it's sounding more and more like that could take another week.

We do need Hammer back. I say give Carrol some playing time in CF. He is on the roster.

With Ross, the world's streakiest hitter, getting really hot now, he should be starting. Carroll...bleh.

We do need Hammer back. I say give Carrol some playing time in CF. He is on the roster.

With Ross, the world's streakiest hitter, getting really hot now, he should be starting. Carroll...bleh.

 

After last night, Ross should remain a starter. I agree.

Damnit I miss Jake and Hammer. I love those guys, and no, not in the way a gay guy loves another gay guy. Anyhow, I think when Hammer and Jake are back in the lineup our entire team improves with Gonzo, Amezaga/Ross. Helms on the bench. Andino is a waste of a roster spot right now IMO. We should call up someone else or make a trade. Let Andino go play in the minors until we are ready to give him more time.

Runs scored without Josh but with Jacobs: 6, 1, 3, 6, 2, 10, 3, 6, 7 record: 4-4

Runs scored without Josh and Jacobs: 7, 11, 5, 7, 3, 6 record 3-3

 

Runs scored is not our problem. Stupid errors and bad pitching have lead to our losses. That doesn't mean that we don't need those guys back, but the panic button is kind of premature.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.