Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

5/22 Postgame thread

Featured Replies

the marlins made the natives out here very restless - everyone is complaining about how they can't hit on the road and were shut out by no-name pitchers and a smoke and mirrors team

 

no one, myself included, expected wins over both haren and webb - after the last two series I was feeling that they would maybe get 1 of 3

 

love the sweep and will keep me smiling in the office for a while

 

Its the Diamondbacks who were exposed if anything. Their line up is not nearly as strong as they thought, although their pitching is just as advertised. But remember, like all fans in baseball, you never give credit to the other team for beating you :thumbup

 

Don't say that. Tell him the Diamondback's offense is great. Tell him we shut-out that great offense...

 

...Makes our pitchers sound even more godly. :mischief

I'm on a high right now. A comment like that puts a dimmer on our great pitching.

Oh no, the pitching did a great job, don't get me wrong. In baseball, just about anyone can score a lot of runs (the only team who can't is San Diego). I just hate it when people always try to discredit our team so I wanted to return the favor. I wouldn't be surprised if Los Angeles won the West in the end.

it was some eye opening pitching - just need to keep growing and become more consistent - i don't get a chance to see the team much so I kind of live through all of your observations - but I loved the way gregg approached the saves - lindstrom was a little wild but man does he just focus in and throw - a lot of hard throwers with some good "stuff" to mix in

 

some comments that were asked were "wow, how many guys on that team throw 98-100" .......... i responded if they wanted the answer for players currently up or on the farm as well :D

you do realize i'm a marlins fan, right?!

 

i'm not sure if i've seen a d'backs fan around here

 

that thread is a lot of what i've been hearing over the past 3 days and I love it and it drives me insane all at once

you do realize i'm a marlins fan, right?!

 

OH SHI-! :o

 

...I knew that... Our crew runs deep. I like that! :thumbup

  • Author

http://forum.diamondbacksbullpen.org/viewt...c&start=250

 

You D' Back fans keep making excuses! That's all you people do! You guys strikeout and so do we. That argue is mute.

 

When you say that you made crappy pitchers look great, you're pretty much calling your offense a pile of crap...

 

 

 

 

 

Anybody wanna raid their forums? :mischief

Reading that stuff is kinda funny. The guy bitching that Upton was clearly safe by a mile was awesome. After he replay, he said it confirmed that he was safe, which is strange because I, Tommy and Rich, and ESPN say he was out. Weird.

 

BTW, what is with most of the MLB forums on the net being so ugly?

I'd like to know what inspired this dramatic turnaround for Miller. My best guess is the faith he received from the organization. While we were all screaming for a demotion in mid-May, the thought never crossed their minds.

  • Author

I'd like to know what inspired this dramatic turnaround for Miller.

You did. He just wanted to show you up.

http://forum.diamondbacksbullpen.org/viewt...c&start=250

 

You D' Back fans keep making excuses! That's all you people do! You guys strikeout and so do we. That argue is mute.

 

When you say that you made crappy pitchers look great, you're pretty much calling your offense a pile of crap...

 

 

 

 

 

Anybody wanna raid their forums? :mischief

Reading that stuff is kinda funny. The guy bitching that Upton was clearly safe by a mile was awesome. After he replay, he said it confirmed that he was safe, which is strange because I, Tommy and Rich, and ESPN say he was out. Weird.

 

BTW, what is with most of the MLB forums on the net being so ugly?

 

They might be color-blind. They don't know any better :mischief

Look at us. We're rolling on a stud-like forum. Our team may be cheap, but we don't let that hold us back. :cool

 

....So....................... Anybody still up for the raid? :shifty

there were a lot of borderline pitches on both sides going in for both balls/strikes - it's part of the game

 

was fun listening to byrnes whine about it this morning in the papers like it had anything to do with his current funk - also the at bat after upton showed up the ump he didn't get a borderline pitch, I wonder why...............

it's also funny hearing attendance cracks come from d'back fans - or complaints about classless chants, like upton sucks after he threw a temper tantrum and started the series with a 4k game

 

whenever they bring up attendance I remind them I have some great seats still available for the NLCS - phoenix is as much of a front running town as there is out there

....So....................... Anybody still up for the raid? :shifty

 

You were actually serious about that?

 

What does that accomplish? Seriously, you'd have to either have no life what so ever or be within the ages of 12-14 to even consider doing that.

i think miller just needs to improve his mental aspect - he had some shaky moments with the tigers last year, gets traded, has a pretty good ST and then starts off very rough

 

without a long, successful run in the minors he really didn't have any points of confidence to fall back on - he has to prove to himself that he belongs and with each start like the past month he's starting to believe he belongs, ride the ups and downs within a game and trust his stuff is good enough and all he has to do is settle down and pitch

 

i think the coaches, team and organization have done a good job in showing that they believe he belongs and helping him hone the tools that can make him successful

 

i have pretty high expectations for the kid - but it will not be without growing pains

Oh btw, talking about classless fans, what about when the Dbacks fans started throwing beer bottles and other debris onto the field--and actually delaying the game--during the playoffs last year? :lol

....So....................... Anybody still up for the raid? :shifty

 

You were actually serious about that?

 

What does that accomplish? Seriously, you'd have to either have no life what so ever or be within the ages of 12-14 to even consider doing that.

 

I plan on telling them that they played a good series, and we hope to see them again in the playoffs... show the one moron what "classless" fans we are

  • Author

there were a lot of borderline pitches on both sides going in for both balls/strikes - it's part of the game

 

was fun listening to byrnes whine about it this morning in the papers like it had anything to do with his current funk - also the at bat after upton showed up the ump he didn't get a borderline pitch, I wonder why...............

It's not really borderline if it's going both ways and is consistent. It was just a large strikezone for the series. Don't forget that Haren had 8 Ks, Webb had 7 Ks, and Owings had 10Ks. Our guys just took it better while the D-Backs bitched and whined.

aren't there two more series this year - i think for some weird scheduling they go to miami again - i believe the series out here is in august - i'll have to practice my scalper negotiations

....So....................... Anybody still up for the raid? :shifty

 

You were actually serious about that?

 

What does that accomplish? Seriously, you'd have to either have no life what so ever or be within the ages of 12-14 to even consider doing that.

 

I would have just dropped a couple stats and given my opinions. Anyways, if I were really serious I would have done it by now. I was just teasing the idea.

 

But hey, congratulations on being dull. :thumbup

there were a lot of borderline pitches on both sides going in for both balls/strikes - it's part of the game

 

was fun listening to byrnes whine about it this morning in the papers like it had anything to do with his current funk - also the at bat after upton showed up the ump he didn't get a borderline pitch, I wonder why...............

It's not really borderline if it's going both ways and is consistent. It was just a large strikezone for the series. Don't forget that Haren had 8 Ks, Webb had 7 Ks, and Owings had 10Ks. Our guys just took it better while the D-Backs bitched and whined.

 

i agree with that - i think the on the whole it was a big strike zone, which led to some frustration when some were getting called a ball when they looked in there - they could of been a little more consistent, but it wasn't like there was eric gregg behind the plate (i still miss that guy, was very fun to BS with as he was serving beers at the vet - i'd show up in a marlins shirts at the other phillies fans would insist that instead of ordering a beer from him I should be buying for him)

  • Author

aren't there two more series this year - i think for some weird scheduling they go to miami again - i believe the series out here is in august - i'll have to practice my scalper negotiations

Yep. D-Backs come back here June 27-29, then its @ Arizona August 22-24.

 

Should be fun.

Also - does anyone know what happened when one of the D-Backs players fouled a ball right over the Marlins dugout and hit someone?

 

I saw it from Club C (Left Field Blue Seats) and not sure what exactly happened and I can't find a replay any where.

Also - does anyone know what happened when one of the D-Backs players fouled a ball right over the Marlins dugout and hit someone?

 

I saw it from Club C (Left Field Blue Seats) and not sure what exactly happened and I can't find a replay any where.

 

I didn't see it. I'm pretty sure it wasn't on TV.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.