July 17, 200818 yr May I suggest instead of flyers, a HUGE sign, and I mean huge. It can say something like "Let us build our stadium!" We should do it for the Saturday game which will be on the national Fox. Awesome idea! The sign idea is best. "Let us build our stadium!"
July 17, 200818 yr I have some good news and some bad news. GOOD NEWS: The sign is made. BAD NEWS: Due to extenuating circumstances I will not be able to make it to any of the Phillies games. f***! I will make it to the Monday game against the Braves and you will notice me with the sign out in right field. IT'S HUGE!!!!!!!!! Can someone make a sign for saturday? What I did was I went to a fabrics store and asked them for a 7 yard piece of cotton fabric with the most width possible. Then I went to Office Depot and got a 6 pack of permanent markers. I spent a little under 30 dollars. Let's make it happen. And if we are lucky we can have TWO banners in the game on Monday.
July 18, 200818 yr Could we have another rally but with enough time to communicate to people? I didn't even know about it until the day of.
July 18, 200818 yr damn, considering the most recent news on the case (the judge is leaning towards a public vote), we definetly need that sign for this weekends game(s). if we don't get involved publicly, we might lose the marlins for good.
July 18, 200818 yr Well I don't think the news source that is saying that is credible but regardless I think we should get it out there as soon as possible. It really is not that hard. Someone can go out and buy the supplies. I spend about 15-20 bucks on the fabric (white cotton, BTW) and another couple of dollars and permanent markers. Not that big a deal. It takes a while to make the sign but nothing too long. COME ON PEOPLE. DO YOU WANT A STADIUM OR NOT!?
July 18, 200818 yr Well I don't think the news source that is saying that is credible but regardless I think we should get it out there as soon as possible. It really is not that hard. Someone can go out and buy the supplies. I spend about 15-20 bucks on the fabric (white cotton, BTW) and another couple of dollars and permanent markers. Not that big a deal. It takes a while to make the sign but nothing too long. COME ON PEOPLE. DO YOU WANT A STADIUM OR NOT!? Yeah, someone who is going to the game on Saturday. We need a HUGE sign
July 18, 200818 yr remember that saturday game on fox game of week it will seen by alot monday wont only in atlanta and south fl
July 19, 200818 yr We really need to start getting our asses out there. We need BOYCOTT BRAMAN signs or Braman with a big red circle with a line through it and like estan said signs with LET US BUILD OUR STADIUM! ANYONE who is going to a game this weekend or this week try and make a sign to take, I will definitely do the same.
July 19, 200818 yr Is there any way I can give someone my sign for tomorrow's game. I have work tomorrow at Miramar, close to the stadium. So, I can give it to someone to show off.
July 22, 200818 yr And they did! Good job! They did? I was worried they wouldn't... Did it look nice? What did Rich and Tommy say?
July 22, 200818 yr And they did! Good job! They did? I was worried they wouldn't... Did it look nice? What did Rich and Tommy say? I didnt watch the whole game so didnt see it. Take it to every game you go too. How big was it? Do you have a pic of it?
July 22, 200818 yr And they did! Good job! They did? I was worried they wouldn't... Did it look nice? What did Rich and Tommy say? I didnt watch the whole game so didnt see it. Take it to every game you go too. How big was it? Do you have a pic of it? no pic... and i cant afford to go to many games... i rather give it to someone who goes a lot. i was really nice to stadium security and they let me tie the sign up to the back wall of section 129
July 22, 200818 yr And they did! Good job! They did? I was worried they wouldn't... Did it look nice? What did Rich and Tommy say? I didnt watch the whole game so didnt see it. Take it to every game you go too. How big was it? Do you have a pic of it? no pic... and i cant afford to go to many games... i rather give it to someone who goes a lot. i was really nice to stadium security and they let me tie the sign up to the back wall of section 129 The only problem was that the sign looked lonely. It was a sign and a sea of orange seats.
July 22, 200818 yr And they did! Good job! They did? I was worried they wouldn't... Did it look nice? What did Rich and Tommy say? I didnt watch the whole game so didnt see it. Take it to every game you go too. How big was it? Do you have a pic of it? no pic... and i cant afford to go to many games... i rather give it to someone who goes a lot. i was really nice to stadium security and they let me tie the sign up to the back wall of section 129 The only problem was that the sign looked lonely. It was a sign and a sea of orange seats. Talk about epitomizing of what we dont want a sign with no fans around it. Stay away from the neagative though. Thanks for making the sign thats awesome I actually didn't get to see it so they must have shown it in the 3rd or 4th when I was out. What did it say? If I was in Miami I would most definitely be the one bringing the sign to the games, but I dont. Have Rab bring it he goes to alot of games.
July 22, 200818 yr It was a great effort to see a fan do that, but it is unfortuantely kind of ironic in its placement.
July 22, 200818 yr That is a great sign, we need to bring it to every home game and try to have it where a lot of people sit.
July 22, 200818 yr I was sitting in a section with a lot of Braves fans and they were all getting pretty mad that I was trying to put it up and the supervisor came over. So I asked them if it was OK to put it up in the back where no one was sitting and she said OK. By the way, how did you get that pic? And what did Rich and Tommy say about it?
July 22, 200818 yr photo is from the miami herald http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/story/613154.html
July 22, 200818 yr WOW Greg Cote really put us down there. It's kinda true though, how come people are not showing up. I guess we would have to wait for later on in the season.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.