Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

what's wrong with marlin fans!

Featured Replies

I just dont understand why there is not more people going to the games, we are in a pennant race what is going on i cant believe this and why would a stadium change that?

I just dont understand why there is not more people going to the games, we are in a pennant race what is going on i cant believe this and why would a stadium change that?

  • Author

I would love to see alot more people appreciate the marlins and what these young guy's are doing this season it's bee so much fun so far and it only looks like it's gonna get better. I wish more people would come and cheer them on, instead 10000 srceaming we need 40000 screaming. I just went to a game and it was so horrible and i am very aggravated about it. Maybe thats where the marlins get there motivation from. LETS GO FISH!!!

I would love to see alot more people appreciate the marlins and what these young guy's are doing this season it's bee so much fun so far and it only looks like it's gonna get better. I wish more people would come and cheer them on, instead 10000 srceaming we need 40000 screaming. I just went to a game and it was so horrible and i am very aggravated about it. Maybe thats where the marlins get there motivation from. LETS GO FISH!!!

 

^ I think everyone on here has felt the same at times. I have really just excepted that we don't have fans down here cause everyone is from somewhere else. Hopefully in 10 years all the kids growing up here (South FL) will have grown up on a decent Marlins team (a good product). The people on this board are not the problem, it just suck down here in general IMO

  • Author

The people here do go to games. The problem is the rest of the people. We dont need to be reminded about attending, the rest of SoFla does

 

 

Maybe you did not read correctly,i just asked why no one goes to the games and why a new stadium would change that! I live in atl and always see the marlins with 15 to 20 thousand and there empty, I did live in miami my whole up until 4 years ago and i just dont know why know one comes to the games! maybe in south florida theres a buzz about why people are not coming!

I at least go to one game when they come here for a home stand.....some of us can't attend every sinle game, well at least I don't have enough money for that saving it to go to the playoff games :thumbup

The people here do go to games. The problem is the rest of the people. We dont need to be reminded about attending, the rest of SoFla does

 

 

Maybe you did not read correctly,i just asked why no one goes to the games and why a new stadium would change that! I live in atl and always see the marlins with 15 to 20 thousand and there empty, I did live in miami my whole up until 4 years ago and i just dont know why know one comes to the games! maybe in south florida theres a buzz about why people are not coming!

 

We have gone through this numerous times. Weather. It's hot, it might rain, it's humid. That alone will keep fans away. When there is a roof and fans know they will not get wet or have any delays or sweat their ass off, then more will come. Also the location of the park is not the best for baseball. It is in between Miami and Ft. Lauderdale and not good for people to CONSISTENTLY go to games. It's okay for football because you go only 8 times per year. For people to go to a lot of games, it needs to be very close to either city. Again, the new park will help because it is in Miami, close to downtown and will be easier for Miami residents to make the decision to go.

The people here do go to games. The problem is the rest of the people. We dont need to be reminded about attending, the rest of SoFla does

 

 

Maybe you did not read correctly,i just asked why no one goes to the games and why a new stadium would change that! I live in atl and always see the marlins with 15 to 20 thousand and there empty, I did live in miami my whole up until 4 years ago and i just dont know why know one comes to the games! maybe in south florida theres a buzz about why people are not coming!

Just what we need, someone who doesnt live here wondering why OTHERS dont go to games. I know you lived here but if you are truthful, how many games did you go to while you were here? Yea right, 80 games a year for 10 years. Enjoy Atlanta, regardless of ticket sales, plenty of games where you will be able to sit in a section all by yourself, and if they get worse, you will be by yourself. Old, beaten to death subject.

^

Dude this has been going on for ever. 2005 we had such a dope lineup and nobody showed up so we cut everybody... not the best thing for building a fan base but nobody showed up anyways what can you do... I even love when ESPN cracks jokes on how no one shows up cause that might give people down here a hint ya know. We just suck and I hate snow bird transplant bandwagon fans wit a passion

I would love to see alot more people appreciate the marlins and what these young guy's are doing this season it's bee so much fun so far and it only looks like it's gonna get better. I wish more people would come and cheer them on, instead 10000 srceaming we need 40000 screaming. I just went to a game and it was so horrible and i am very aggravated about it. Maybe thats where the marlins get there motivation from. LETS GO FISH!!!

 

^ I think everyone on here has felt the same at times. I have really just excepted that we don't have fans down here cause everyone is from somewhere else. Hopefully in 10 years all the kids growing up here (South FL) will have grown up on a decent Marlins team (a good product). The people on this board are not the problem, it just suck down here in general IMO

 

The people on Marlins Baseball represent the biggest "true fan base" of the Marlins. I am sure if you multiplied this forum board and put them in the stands we would have be much more respected by other people. I still think people fail to realize that the Malrins play in a football stadium which holds many more than will actually come. I think it just warps the perception of people at the games.

Why People Don't Go To More Marlins Games Part 4,863:

 

 

1) There is a thunderstorm one hour before game time every night (or at least 75% of the time)

 

2) The humidity hovers around 95%

 

3) They play in a football stadium with sh*tty sight lines

 

4) It's a football town and will be for at least another 15 years until the generation that were brought up in "Marlins Households" grow up and can afford to buy tickets of their own.

 

5) Transplanted fans (Mets, Red Sox, Cubs etc) who refuse to root for the home team.

Why People Don't Go To More Marlins Games Part 4,863:

 

 

1) There is a thunderstorm one hour before game time every night (or at least 75% of the time)

 

2) The humidity hovers around 95%

 

3) They play in a football stadium with sh*tty sight lines

 

4) It's a football town and will be for at least another 15 years until the generation that were brought up in "Marlins Households" grow up and can afford to buy tickets of their own.

 

5) Transplanted fans (Mets, Red Sox, Cubs etc) who refuse to root for the home team.

 

In response to #3, most people who visit the ballpark actually like the sight lines. It depends on where you sit but there are some great places to watch the game and some not-so-great places to watch. The new park though should have 100% good seats.

 

In response to #4, I totally agree. I grew up with the Marlins and had season tickets for a few years. When I get a good enough job and settle down, I will most likely get some sort of season ticket package (I'm 22, btw). I think most people my age are in the same plan.

 

In response to #5, They all need to move back to those cities they love or only visit in the winter. They disgust me.

What evidence do you have that "most people that visit the stadium actually like the sight lines"?

 

Did you conduct some type of poll while you were at the game??

What evidence do you have that "most people that visit the stadium actually like the sight lines"?

 

Did you conduct some type of poll while you were at the game??

 

I have no factual basis other than hearing people from out of town say they like certain aspects about the park. I think it's an interesting park to go to for one game if you are on vacation or something. But for hometown fans, it's not good enough to warrant coming over and over.

 

I'd also like to add that I don;t think the Marlins have enough good ticket deals. I know they have the Herald Two-for-Tuesday and the Fish Tank seats, but they have a lot of fans 25 an under that just need good deals to buy tickets. Not to mention concessions at the game are insane (not really in their control, I know)

I would love to see alot more people appreciate the marlins and what these young guy's are doing this season it's bee so much fun so far and it only looks like it's gonna get better. I wish more people would come and cheer them on, instead 10000 srceaming we need 40000 screaming. I just went to a game and it was so horrible and i am very aggravated about it. Maybe thats where the marlins get there motivation from. LETS GO FISH!!!

 

^ I think everyone on here has felt the same at times. I have really just excepted that we don't have fans down here cause everyone is from somewhere else. Hopefully in 10 years all the kids growing up here (South FL) will have grown up on a decent Marlins team (a good product). The people on this board are not the problem, it just suck down here in general IMO

 

I call such BS on this. How is it we have 3.5 million our 1st year, and still drew over 2 million in 1997 ? No,....it is what it is, people here are so jaded they don't believe and most of all just don't trust Marlins management. I don't know how many times I have had this discussion with co-workers & relatives. Many of which used to go to, or root heavily for the Marlins. They just won't go or support them anymore because they just don't believe the players will be here for more than a year....that management will always trade them away. They have all moved on to either discard baseball or root for teams that keep a core of players, like Atlanta (which many of them used to root for before the Marlins, so it wasn't hard to go back rooting for them).

 

All said and done, this ownership will not get any loyalty from So Fla residents. They are carpetbaggers and need to sell to local owners, then many of my family & co-workers will go back to rooting for the Fish.

 

I think they are a microcosm of much of the So Fla population. Its this, coupled with the ever bad stadium situation.

^

Dude this has been going on for ever. 2005 we had such a dope lineup and nobody showed up so we cut everybody... not the best thing for building a fan base but nobody showed up anyways what can you do... I even love when ESPN cracks jokes on how no one shows up cause that might give people down here a hint ya know. We just suck and I hate snow bird transplant bandwagon fans wit a passion

 

It will always be this way here, and its worse than other places. But I did see about 25% of the crowd yesterday at the BoSox/Angels game was rooting for the BoSox, so its not just here that happens.

as for "how will the new stadium change this"....

 

I have this argument with my New York Yankee uncle all the time...the new ballpark will not immedietaly increase attendance...if attendance stays the same, thats not a problem. The point of the new stadium is that basically every dollar that goes into that park, food, parking, concessions, tickets, whatever...will all go to the Marlins. Its about profit.

 

When you go to Dolphin Stadium and pay ten bucks for parking, youd be surprised to know that a huge chunk of that money actually goes the Dolphins. Once the Marlins start making a profit, they will be able to consistenly field a better team and that will make the fan base grow...and that will be what eventually makes attendance rise.

 

Point is...the first goal of the stadium is not a sell out crowd every night...its simply profit. And that will lead to success in every other aspect in the future.

as for "how will the new stadium change this"....

 

I have this argument with my New York Yankee uncle all the time...the new ballpark will not immedietaly increase attendance...if attendance stays the same, thats not a problem. The point of the new stadium is that basically every dollar that goes into that park, food, parking, concessions, tickets, whatever...will all go to the Marlins. Its about profit.

 

When you go to Dolphin Stadium and pay ten bucks for parking, youd be surprised to know that a huge chunk of that money actually goes the Dolphins. Once the Marlins start making a profit, they will be able to consistenly field a better team and that will make the fan base grow...and that will be what eventually makes attendance rise.

 

Point is...the first goal of the stadium is not a sell out crowd every night...its simply profit. And that will lead to success in every other aspect in the future.

 

That is a forgotten point. Most of all the parking and concessions money goes to Huizenga and not the Marlins. That will be huge for our revenue.

 

Also, when you have 20,000 people in a stadium that seats 70,000 it looks empty. But if you have 20,000 people in a stadium that seats 35,000 it looks much better. Dolphin Stadium is a big stadium, not just the amount of seats but the massive space it consumes.

  • Author

The people here do go to games. The problem is the rest of the people. We dont need to be reminded about attending, the rest of SoFla does

 

 

Maybe you did not read correctly,i just asked why no one goes to the games and why a new stadium would change that! I live in atl and always see the marlins with 15 to 20 thousand and there empty, I did live in miami my whole up until 4 years ago and i just dont know why know one comes to the games! maybe in south florida theres a buzz about why people are not coming!

Just what we need, someone who doesnt live here wondering why OTHERS dont go to games. I know you lived here but if you are truthful, how many games did you go to while you were here? Yea right, 80 games a year for 10 years. Enjoy Atlanta, regardless of ticket sales, plenty of games where you will be able to sit in a section all by yourself, and if they get worse, you will be by yourself. Old, beaten to death subject.

 

Well your a real nice guy, and yes i was a season ticket holder from 98 to 04 and what does that mean i still visit my family every other month there and i go to every game i canwhen i am there so dont test my love for the team and the city! buddy you need to relax and take a chill dude!

as for "how will the new stadium change this"....

 

I have this argument with my New York Yankee uncle all the time...the new ballpark will not immedietaly increase attendance...if attendance stays the same, thats not a problem. The point of the new stadium is that basically every dollar that goes into that park, food, parking, concessions, tickets, whatever...will all go to the Marlins. Its about profit.

 

When you go to Dolphin Stadium and pay ten bucks for parking, youd be surprised to know that a huge chunk of that money actually goes the Dolphins. Once the Marlins start making a profit, they will be able to consistenly field a better team and that will make the fan base grow...and that will be what eventually makes attendance rise.

 

Point is...the first goal of the stadium is not a sell out crowd every night...its simply profit. And that will lead to success in every other aspect in the future.

 

That is a forgotten point. Most of all the parking and concessions money goes to Huizenga and not the Marlins. That will be huge for our revenue.

 

Also, when you have 20,000 people in a stadium that seats 70,000 it looks empty. But if you have 20,000 people in a stadium that seats 35,000 it looks much better. Dolphin Stadium is a big stadium, not just the amount of seats but the massive space it consumes.

 

thats the one thing i think other fans forget is we play in a football stadium. We could get 35 thousand which we be almost a sellout in some stadims and it looks kinda empty here.

The other problem like most have said is alot of people down here are from NY boston up north and they all say how great is was where they came well if it was so great why dont you go back.

I would love to see alot more people appreciate the marlins and what these young guy's are doing this season it's bee so much fun so far and it only looks like it's gonna get better. I wish more people would come and cheer them on, instead 10000 srceaming we need 40000 screaming. I just went to a game and it was so horrible and i am very aggravated about it. Maybe thats where the marlins get there motivation from. LETS GO FISH!!!

 

^ I think everyone on here has felt the same at times. I have really just excepted that we don't have fans down here cause everyone is from somewhere else. Hopefully in 10 years all the kids growing up here (South FL) will have grown up on a decent Marlins team (a good product). The people on this board are not the problem, it just suck down here in general IMO

 

The people on Marlins Baseball represent the biggest "true fan base" of the Marlins. I am sure if you multiplied this forum board and put them in the stands we would have be much more respected by other people. I still think people fail to realize that the Malrins play in a football stadium which holds many more than will actually come. I think it just warps the perception of people at the games.

 

 

Exactly...imagine how much better 26,000 would have looked in a ballpark with 37,000 seats instead of ..the 65,000 or so Dolphin Stadium holds.

 

Trust me, guys...it's killing me that I can't be at these games...I haven't lived there since 1990 but the Fish are the team I grew up with. It's very frustrating to not be able to go. They should try making parking free like they used to do when nobody went to Rays games back in the day..

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.