Bring back Sheffield?

Reason63

Right now this team really doesn't need another power bat. Our team is fine as it is, if we need one thing it would be good situational hitter wit RISP, even though Shef is technically a good hitter wit RISP I don't know if he still has much left in the tank, he only has 10 home runs and has a .222 BA, lets just let this team be.

Right now this team really doesn't need another power bat. Our team is fine as it is, if we need one thing it would be good situational hitter wit RISP, even though Shef is technically a good hitter wit RISP I don't know if he still has much left in the tank, he only has 10 home runs and has a .222 BA, lets just let this team be.

He only has 10 HR because he's been a bench player. Only 5 more AB than Gonzo has.

But once again, we don't need him.

He only has 10 HR because he's been a bench player. Only 5 more AB than Gonzo has.

But once again, we don't need him.

true, but like i said we don't need another home run hitter on this team, he is batting .222 and has on OPS of .697 and OBP of .322, the marlins do not need another home run hitter, we need a guy that can get on base and score, something sheffield is not

He has had injury problems thats why he only got 10 homers without the injurys he would be at 15-18 some thing like that and like rab said he only got 5 more at bats then gonzo so yeah sheff would be a better option then gonzo right know.

He has had injury problems thats why he only got 10 homers without the injurys he would be at 15-18 some thing like that and like rab said he only got 5 more at bats then gonzo so yeah sheff would be a better option then gonzo right know.

totally disagree, Gonzo has been a great guy to step in and get the big hits, Gonzo has given us an extra 5-7 wins,

totally disagree, Gonzo has been a great guy to step in and get the big hits, Gonzo has given us an extra 5-7 wins,

Yeah i think your right i gave it a closer thaught and it came to my mind that gonzo is the better option.

Sheff is one of my favorite Marlins of all time. I used to emulate his swing (badly) when I was a kid, with that fierce bat waggle. Sentimentally, I'd LOVE to have him back. He was never a clubhouse cancer when he was on our ballclub, always one of the guys who would get our guys pumped before a big game. Realistically I highly doubt it will happen.

I'll say this though, I'd stick him in left over Willingham right now, but if Josh continues to get healthy and starts swinging for power a bit more we'll be fine. The Tiger we could've used is Pudge, and that ship has sailed.

Sheff is one of my favorite Marlins of all time. I used to emulate his swing (badly) when I was a kid, with that fierce bat waggle. Sentimentally, I'd LOVE to have him back. He was never a clubhouse cancer when he was on our ballclub, always one of the guys who would get our guys pumped before a big game. Realistically I highly doubt it will happen.

I'll say this though, I'd stick him in left over Willingham right now, but if Josh continues to get healthy and starts swinging for power a bit more we'll be fine. The Tiger we could've used is Pudge, and that ship has sailed.

We couldn't get Pudge. Detroit wanted a good middle reliever and that's just not something we have available for selling.

We couldn't get Pudge. Detroit wanted a good middle reliever and that's just not something we have available for selling.

I had heard... somewhere... that we did offer Lindstrom... but for some reason they preferred Farnsworth, Im guessing track record