Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Renyel Pinto...

Featured Replies

  • Author

Just send him down. Call up taylor tankersley and send him down, he earned it.

No! He needs to be shut down. He's tired and can't pitch anymore.

 

 

well, SORRY! i meant SHUT HIM DOWN, and call up taylor tankersley

Ah, that I can agree with.

 

I really don't care if it's Tank, Tucker, Miller, or even Miller, but I think Pinto needs to be put on the 60-man with "dead arm syndrome".

Why exactly did we trade for Rhodes again?

 

 

What do you mean? He's done really well, here...he's pitched really well in his role.

Why exactly did we trade for Rhodes again?

 

 

What do you mean? He's done really well, here...he's pitched really well in his role.

I agree he needs to be shut down. It's overdue and sad really because it seems to overshadow how good he was for us in the first half. Not a complete surprise though and I think many of us were extremely concerned about it when we were getting so few innings from our starters.

I agree he needs to be shut down. It's overdue and sad really because it seems to overshadow how good he was for us in the first half. Not a complete surprise though and I think many of us were extremely concerned about it when we were getting so few innings from our starters.

If we shut down tankersley, who would you guys wanna see get called up? Personally, i agree with Erick. I wanna see how tucker does in the bullpen, in a setup type role. And i wanna give him a few chances to close out the game, cause i think he's our future closer.

If we shut down tankersley, who would you guys wanna see get called up? Personally, i agree with Erick. I wanna see how tucker does in the bullpen, in a setup type role. And i wanna give him a few chances to close out the game, cause i think he's our future closer.

I am just curious what you guys think constitutes a "dead arm"? I mean sure, having pitching so much, has got to have a big effect on Pinto. But his pitches, from what I can tell, haven't exactly lost velocity, movement, or anything like that. It just seems like he's having problems throwing strikes, and when he does, they are right down the middle. We've seen this wild side of Pinto before in previous years. Its not something exclusive to this year. He can be very dominating, or very wild.

I am just curious what you guys think constitutes a "dead arm"? I mean sure, having pitching so much, has got to have a big effect on Pinto. But his pitches, from what I can tell, haven't exactly lost velocity, movement, or anything like that. It just seems like he's having problems throwing strikes, and when he does, they are right down the middle. We've seen this wild side of Pinto before in previous years. Its not something exclusive to this year. He can be very dominating, or very wild.

Why exactly did we trade for Rhodes again?

Because Pinto is a two-way reliever and Tankersley wasn't hacking it as the lefty specialist?

Why exactly did we trade for Rhodes again?

Because Pinto is a two-way reliever and Tankersley wasn't hacking it as the lefty specialist?

fredi mismanaged him during the first half of the season , i know our starting pitching sucked for awhile but you cant literally run quality relief pitchers out almost every single day and not expect for it to have an effect later in the season

 

Yep. It's all Fredi's fault. The start of the season he should have been at the top of the dug out steps, throwing in the white towel after the 6th inning to call an end to the game so he wouldn't have to overuse that pen. What exactly was he thinking letting games go the whole 9 inings???

fredi mismanaged him during the first half of the season , i know our starting pitching sucked for awhile but you cant literally run quality relief pitchers out almost every single day and not expect for it to have an effect later in the season

 

Yep. It's all Fredi's fault. The start of the season he should have been at the top of the dug out steps, throwing in the white towel after the 6th inning to call an end to the game so he wouldn't have to overuse that pen. What exactly was he thinking letting games go the whole 9 inings???

...is really really tired.

 

He doesn't suck. He's not crap. The man is not pathetic. He is done.

 

In 2007, he threw 58.2 inning. Before the ASB, he had already thrown 51.2.

 

I beg the heads of the Marlins, Beinfest, Mike Hill, Fredi, et al, to shut him down.

 

He's not going to "get it back". He's just too tired. Way too overworked.

 

It's impossible to argue that he was over worked at the start of the season. But I hesitate in thinking he is just too tired to keep on pitching. I'm sure it has been discussed and he is saying that isn't the problem. We haven't seen a drop in his velocity and the movement is still there. I tend to lean more towards mechanics and/or confidence right now. But he sure is difficult to watch. Maybe a trip to AAA and let Rosey have a shot at him would be the right move. If that didn't work, then shut him down. The problem is we really don't have another lefty that can go a couple innings to replace him. Unless Andrew Miller's rehab is about over.

...is really really tired.

 

He doesn't suck. He's not crap. The man is not pathetic. He is done.

 

In 2007, he threw 58.2 inning. Before the ASB, he had already thrown 51.2.

 

I beg the heads of the Marlins, Beinfest, Mike Hill, Fredi, et al, to shut him down.

 

He's not going to "get it back". He's just too tired. Way too overworked.

 

It's impossible to argue that he was over worked at the start of the season. But I hesitate in thinking he is just too tired to keep on pitching. I'm sure it has been discussed and he is saying that isn't the problem. We haven't seen a drop in his velocity and the movement is still there. I tend to lean more towards mechanics and/or confidence right now. But he sure is difficult to watch. Maybe a trip to AAA and let Rosey have a shot at him would be the right move. If that didn't work, then shut him down. The problem is we really don't have another lefty that can go a couple innings to replace him. Unless Andrew Miller's rehab is about over.

...is really really tired.

 

He doesn't suck. He's not crap. The man is not pathetic. He is done.

 

In 2007, he threw 58.2 inning. Before the ASB, he had already thrown 51.2.

 

I beg the heads of the Marlins, Beinfest, Mike Hill, Fredi, et al, to shut him down.

 

He's not going to "get it back". He's just too tired. Way too overworked.

 

It's impossible to argue that he was over worked at the start of the season. But I hesitate in thinking he is just too tired to keep on pitching. I'm sure it has been discussed and he is saying that isn't the problem. We haven't seen a drop in his velocity and the movement is still there. I tend to lean more towards mechanics and/or confidence right now. But he sure is difficult to watch. Maybe a trip to AAA and let Rosey have a shot at him would be the right move. If that didn't work, then shut him down. The problem is we really don't have another lefty that can go a couple innings to replace him. Unless Andrew Miller's rehab is about over.

Why not Rhodes?

 

Sure, I know he was brought in to be the lefty specialist but he's pitched to righties before and had success. This way we get more out of the trade instead of the few innings he's providing, preserve Pinto (if possible), don't risk injury to a Miller type and don't have to sit through the agony that has become Taylor Tankersley.

...is really really tired.

 

He doesn't suck. He's not crap. The man is not pathetic. He is done.

 

In 2007, he threw 58.2 inning. Before the ASB, he had already thrown 51.2.

 

I beg the heads of the Marlins, Beinfest, Mike Hill, Fredi, et al, to shut him down.

 

He's not going to "get it back". He's just too tired. Way too overworked.

 

It's impossible to argue that he was over worked at the start of the season. But I hesitate in thinking he is just too tired to keep on pitching. I'm sure it has been discussed and he is saying that isn't the problem. We haven't seen a drop in his velocity and the movement is still there. I tend to lean more towards mechanics and/or confidence right now. But he sure is difficult to watch. Maybe a trip to AAA and let Rosey have a shot at him would be the right move. If that didn't work, then shut him down. The problem is we really don't have another lefty that can go a couple innings to replace him. Unless Andrew Miller's rehab is about over.

Why not Rhodes?

 

Sure, I know he was brought in to be the lefty specialist but he's pitched to righties before and had success. This way we get more out of the trade instead of the few innings he's providing, preserve Pinto (if possible), don't risk injury to a Miller type and don't have to sit through the agony that has become Taylor Tankersley.

...is really really tired.

 

He doesn't suck. He's not crap. The man is not pathetic. He is done.

 

In 2007, he threw 58.2 inning. Before the ASB, he had already thrown 51.2.

 

I beg the heads of the Marlins, Beinfest, Mike Hill, Fredi, et al, to shut him down.

 

He's not going to "get it back". He's just too tired. Way too overworked.

 

It's impossible to argue that he was over worked at the start of the season. But I hesitate in thinking he is just too tired to keep on pitching. I'm sure it has been discussed and he is saying that isn't the problem. We haven't seen a drop in his velocity and the movement is still there. I tend to lean more towards mechanics and/or confidence right now. But he sure is difficult to watch. Maybe a trip to AAA and let Rosey have a shot at him would be the right move. If that didn't work, then shut him down. The problem is we really don't have another lefty that can go a couple innings to replace him. Unless Andrew Miller's rehab is about over.

Why not Rhodes?

 

Sure, I know he was brought in to be the lefty specialist but he's pitched to righties before and had success. This way we get more out of the trade instead of the few innings he's providing, preserve Pinto (if possible), don't risk injury to a Miller type and don't have to sit through the agony that has become Taylor Tankersley.

 

He's really not doing bad right now vs righties. But he's never even pitched a full inning for us either. Maybe he's just not capable of going a couple innings at a time. He did miss the '07 season because of surgery. Could it be similar to throwing JJ out there to toss 120 - 130 pitches every game? Your idea is good, but maybe he just isn't capable of doing it. I wouldn't be upset to see them try it once, IF he can do it without the injury risk. That may be a bigger "IF" than we realize.

...is really really tired.

 

He doesn't suck. He's not crap. The man is not pathetic. He is done.

 

In 2007, he threw 58.2 inning. Before the ASB, he had already thrown 51.2.

 

I beg the heads of the Marlins, Beinfest, Mike Hill, Fredi, et al, to shut him down.

 

He's not going to "get it back". He's just too tired. Way too overworked.

 

It's impossible to argue that he was over worked at the start of the season. But I hesitate in thinking he is just too tired to keep on pitching. I'm sure it has been discussed and he is saying that isn't the problem. We haven't seen a drop in his velocity and the movement is still there. I tend to lean more towards mechanics and/or confidence right now. But he sure is difficult to watch. Maybe a trip to AAA and let Rosey have a shot at him would be the right move. If that didn't work, then shut him down. The problem is we really don't have another lefty that can go a couple innings to replace him. Unless Andrew Miller's rehab is about over.

Why not Rhodes?

 

Sure, I know he was brought in to be the lefty specialist but he's pitched to righties before and had success. This way we get more out of the trade instead of the few innings he's providing, preserve Pinto (if possible), don't risk injury to a Miller type and don't have to sit through the agony that has become Taylor Tankersley.

 

He's really not doing bad right now vs righties. But he's never even pitched a full inning for us either. Maybe he's just not capable of going a couple innings at a time. He did miss the '07 season because of surgery. Could it be similar to throwing JJ out there to toss 120 - 130 pitches every game? Your idea is good, but maybe he just isn't capable of doing it. I wouldn't be upset to see them try it once, IF he can do it without the injury risk. That may be a bigger "IF" than we realize.

What they really need to do is either put Treanor on the DL or send him to the minors for the rest of the year. I think Lo Duca clearly surpassed him on the depth chart, and we definitely need the extra reliever in the bullpen.

What they really need to do is either put Treanor on the DL or send him to the minors for the rest of the year. I think Lo Duca clearly surpassed him on the depth chart, and we definitely need the extra reliever in the bullpen.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.