Team Colors

Tee Ball Bunt Machine

I'm sure I'm not the only person who read this on the Marlins website

The team also has talked about getting a new look, meaning a revised uniform. Exactly how that would look is a mystery, and it, too, is a few years away. I know a number of fans like the teal from the early years of the franchise, but that color has been downplayed since 2003. Perhaps there will be a touch of teal in the new uniforms down the road, but unless there is a change of thinking within the organization, I don't think teal will be a prominent color.

Now I don't want to assume everyone else's opinion on this matter, but speaking for myself, I don't want to see the team's color(s) changed. I'm already disgusted with all the orange as it is, Florida has enough teams (Dolphins, Hurricanes, Gators,..) with orange, as does MLB (Giants, Mets, Orioles). I don't want to see our team just look like a bunch of other teams in baseball, like the 20 teams who wear red or blue. While I can certainly respect the wishes of those who don't want the team wearing the all teal Jerseys again, I don't know anyone who actually like all this orange and such that seems to be pushing on us. So while I'd like to maybe do a more formal and serious petition to try to keep the Marlins teal, I'd like to know how everyone else feels about it.

Bleh, and I already screwed it up by accidentally voting yes on #2 in my haste...

I've always liked the teal, just not too much of it. The early teal uniforms and hats were way too loud, but at the same time I could do without the black uniforms and hats. Black is a little too bland IMO.

Orange is the absolute worst color for a baseball team...I seriously hope we don't include orange.

I would be in favor of going to an aqua blue type of color.

wow, someone actually voted for orange.

You'd be surprised at how much bad taste there is in the world. Believe it or not, some people actually liked the ugly purple uniforms the D-Backs used to wear and others liked the hideous green things Tampa Bay used to wear.

I don't think it's that so many people liked their old unis as much as it was that it seems lame to have another team in red and another one in blue, to along with the other 20 such teams. Purple & Green, at least as colors, were better IMO for them just because they wouldn't look exactly like half the teams in baseball. Just the same, I don't want to look like the Orioles or *puke* the Mets.

You'd be surprised at how much bad taste there is in the world. Believe it or not, some people actually liked the ugly purple uniforms the D-Backs used to wear and others liked the hideous green things Tampa Bay used to wear.

I don't think it's that so many people liked their old unis as much as it was that it seems lame to have another team in red and another one in blue, to along with the other 20 such teams. Purple & Green, at least as colors, were better IMO for them just because they wouldn't look exactly like half the teams in baseball. Just the same, I don't want to look like the Orioles or *puke* the Mets.

Different doesn't necessarily equal better, though. Their current uniforms look much better than the crap they had before.

Different doesn't necessarily equal better, though. Their current uniforms look much better than the crap they had before.

Fair enough, but my point isn't that the uniforms are better or worse. Besides, is the reason that they are better or worse because they are red or blue? You could have new and better looking uniforms without changing team colors.